Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA: Sanef Tolling
  • bspoked
    Free Member

I’m driving down to the PPDS on my own this year, which has finally prompted me to get a Sanef tag so that I can use the automatic telepeage lanes on the French toll roads. Something useful that I learned when registering was that you can use your Eurotunnel booking reference as a promo code. It waives the €10 administration fee and also results in a 50% reduction in the annual fee from year 2.

Only a few quid, but every little helps:

Sanef UK

annebr
    Free Member

ooh nice one.

rogerturner

We’ve had a Sanef tag for the last few years. If your car is under 2m high, you can go through the non-stop 30kmh lanes. Even when the queues are short for the standard lanes you can save a few minutes at some of the busy peages, which adds up on the long journey down to the alps. Driving straight towards a closed barrier waiting for it to open still takes some getting used to though!

bspoked
    Free Member

Yeah, I think I’ll test it on a stop/start lane first. My French isn’t good enough to explain a charged barrier away!

luffy105
    Free Member

It’s always a battle of nerves at the peage when trying to get through without stopping. For me, the unit always beeps right at the ‘oh crap I’d better throw the anchors on’ moment. of course I could slow down more but where’s the fun in that.

Not hit one yet though.

Still find it amusing when another GB reg sees you jumping the queue into the automated lane and decides to follow when they clearly haven’t a badge and then come to a standstill behind you invariably blocked in by this point by a french car.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Might try this in the summer. Just need to measure the height of the car with bikes on the roof first.

Milkie
    Free Member

Saved us loads of time as we could only do a max of 70mph. Got a lot of funny looks from people when they overtook us for the 2nd-5th time. 😆

Stu_N

Great to have them available in the UK.

We used ours last year, first time was a bit nerve-wracking and we had a frenchie leaning on his horn flashing his lights at us as we approached the Orange Lane. He stopped well back expecting us to have to reverse out again but the tag beeped and the barrier rose and we were off again. How I resosyed giving him the Agincourt salute I will never know.

The bill on return was a bit disappointing, clearly hadn’t appreciated how much we spent on tolls but the convenience is ace.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Sanef Tolling’ is closed to new replies.