Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • PSA: MOD Auction
  • brakes
    Free Member

brakes – are they delivering to you or are you collecting? If delivering, what was the cost?

not sure. need to give them a ring to arrange.
    why?

SkillWill
    Free Member

Sorry – being lazy. I have yet to speak to them too and am torn between collecting or delivery, just thought if you had already spoken to them you could tell me.

brakes
    Free Member

they’re going to call me back this afternoon with a cost.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    brakes
    Free Member

£15 recorded, insured

SkillWill
    Free Member

Thanks brakes most appreciated, that gives me a rough idea (can’t call them at the moment).

orange
    Free Member

now this would help with the parking on my street

chunkypaul
    Free Member

travelling up and down a lot on the m6 at the moment, therefore thinking about swopping my company car for this

mcmoonter
    Free Member

SkillWill – Member

Anyone want to buy a Silva compass LIKE THE ARMY USE!

£1.59 each

I’m after a new compass. Can you send me a pic when you can. Email in profile. Thanks MC

warton
    Free Member

Brakes, what are the watches like? you selling? how much?

petrieboy

This looks like a bargain Brand new freelander 15k
    But only for export outside eu? Why would that be??

konabunny
    Free Member

Don’t know but maybe same reason as this:

Please note that Rest of World specification is reserved only for markets outside of the European Union as they are not supplied with COCs (Certificate of Conformity).

?
    http://www.lhddiscovery.com/new_row_lhd_discovery.php

was
    Free Member

I assume as it was built for export Land Rover wouldn’t be forthcoming with a certificate of conformity for it.

However can you just take it for an IVA test (like you would a kit car) and register it?!

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/other/importing-a-vehicle-common-questions.asp

2. Obtaining a European Certificate of Conformity (CoC)
    Depending on a number of factors, such as the build specifications and age, the vehicle manufacturer may be able to issue this document. Please note that VCA is not able to issue CoCs.

3. I am unable to obtain a European Certificate of Conformity
    Depending on the age and type of vehicle you may be required to have the vehicle physically inspected by VOSA under the Individual Vehicle Approval scheme (IVA) or Motorcycle Single Vehicle Approval scheme (MSVA).

was
    Free Member

Ah:

Idd to do with emissions. Outside the EU, have less stringent rules. But you can easily customize a car to the EU requirements. There were then several loopholes. Auto adapt and implement to NL. Then you get a temporary badge for inspection. Then back to UK with a temporary license plate. Car on British number plates, as already in the EU has a badge.

from http://landrover.startpagina.nl/prikbord/14453175/14626056/re-please-notethese-vehicles-are-for-export-outside-the-eu-only#msg-14626056

They might be missing some emissions kit / designed to run on lower grade fuel etc.

One idea: register it in Croatia – they don’t conform the EU emissions rules. Then when they join the EU in 2013, simply transfer the registration here 🙂 Will probably still be worth what you paid then.

maccruiskeen

But only for export outside eu? Why would that be??

might be part of the deal under which the vehicles were bought in the first place – if you are a bulk buyer you risk harming your suppliers if you release the goods you’ve bought back onto the market – particularly if they are near-new.

It was certainly the case with things like equipment for big events like the millennium celebrations (and it might be the same with an event like the olympics) that some things are sold on the basis that they have to be destroyed after use otherwise the market would end up flooded with near-new second hand equipment.

zokes
    Free Member

some things are sold on the basis that they have to be destroyed after use otherwise the market would end up flooded with near-new second hand equipment.

People who come up with such utterly wasteful policies such as this deserve to be shot

hora
    Free Member

950 for a Defender? Wow, shagged engines or mechanics?!! Thats cheap!

was
    Free Member

950 for a Defender? Wow, shagged engines or mechanics?!! Thats cheap!

Both shagged. And then some.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

April’s set of tender listings are now on the site too: http://www.mod-sales.com/tender/listing.htm
    Lots of ambulances!

richc
    Free Member

Do they post any pictures of the items? otherwise that is truely buying blind. Also did anyone manage to get any items posted?

andyl
    Free Member

http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle/,36,/40664/Jaguar.htm

Titanium roof armoured jag 😀 Bet it needs the 6 pot calipers though.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

I think it says on the site that images of all the items will be up by the 10th.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Titanium roof armoured jag Bet it needs the 6 pot calipers though.

Appearing alongside a drug dealer near you soon!

willard

There’s a lot of stuff this month and I am sorely tempted by a Snatch, but to get it even remotely civvi-ised, I’d need to de-Snatch it and put it on LPG and that would probably ruin the whole point of things.

A fire damaged Pinzagaur for spares or repair though… Hmmm.

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘PSA: MOD Auction’ is closed to new replies.