Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • PSA Milk as a recovery drink on Britains Favoirite Supetmarket Foods
  • tonto
    Free Member

Even if you grow your own veg, you can’t be sure what the birds that shit on them, have eaten 😮 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

WGAS? It’s clearly not causing major problems!

What, drinking milk or wearing blinkers, blindly believing that if its on the shelf in Tesco, that it must be good for you.

I am staggered at the ferocity and ignorance displayed with regard to drinking cows milk.

I don’t drink cows milk now and I don’t care what you drink.

But perhaps people might wonder whether they should spout off about milk being so good for them when they know so very little about it.

Don’t take your frustrations out on me, because you don’t know shyte about what you’re eating and drinking.
    The info is out there for all of you to sift through.

If you can be arsed stop jackin-off on forums and actually educate your ignorant, dumb, asses.

😀

fbk
    Free Member

Don’t mean to piss on your fire or anything Solo but I reckon I do know quite a lot about milk production.

It’s a bit of a pet hate of mine that people with very little, highly opinionated and in some cases, completely wrong, opinions feel the need to spout off on stages like this. If you feel the world is out to get you then fine, that’s your opinion. Just don’t think that more level minded folk have to agree with you.

edit – sorry if that comes across as aggressive but it winds me up and it’s been a long morning. I’m not going to placate it with a “smiley” though coz that would just be patronising 😆

IanMunro
    Free Member

I read an article recently that showed that regular milk drinking calms the nerves and reduces tetchiness.
    Having said that, I read another article that milk drinkers have a greater tendency to make things up.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Saying the information is out there makes you look like a conspiracy theorist as do hackneyed phrases like Big Pharma, not posting links suggests you are not as well read as you suggest or don’t want the veracity of your sources to be questioned, and posting a smiley doesn’t undo an insult. Some of us forum idiots are scientifically trained and would welcome informed debate and evidence, questioning sources be it you or anything else doesn’t mean we are gullible, it means the opposite.

fbk
    Free Member

IanMunro – I like the sound of that research. I’m going to quote it lots if that’s ok?

Solo
    Free Member

edit – sorry if that comes across as aggressive but it winds me up and it’s been a long morning

fbk.
    None taken.
    I hope the day improves for you.
    🙂

Its the interweb and I couldn’t give a hoot what people drink.

But flaming me, cos I make some valid points isn’t the way to a sensible discussion.

As I posted earlier, I once before entered a milk debate on here and its mental, how people wont have their milk questioned and how quickly the pitch forks are brought to the keyboard.

Ultimately, it amuses me.
    The milk fanaticism on here is incredible and an undeniable demonstration of how brain washing the public really can work.

njee20
    Free Member

What, drinking milk or wearing blinkers, blindly believing that if its on the shelf in Tesco, that it must be good for you

Your tin-hat wearing! Ok you’ve stopped drinking cows milk. Billions of people haven’t. They’re not dying of horrible infections caught from infected milk. There is probably all sorts of crap in it. Like I said… WGAS?

Solo
    Free Member

Saying the information is out there makes you look like a conspiracy theorist as do hackneyed phrases like Big Pharma, not posting links suggests you are not as well read as you suggest or don’t want the veracity of your sources to be questioned, and posting a smiley doesn’t undo an insult. Some of us forum idiots are scientifically trained and would welcome informed debate and evidence, questioning sources be it you or anything else doesn’t mean we are gullible, it means the opposite.

Posting links usually drives threads on here into a circular path as counter links are then posted.
    and you claim to be trained.

After doing all the research for you too, to your satisfaction, I’ll pop round to wipe your ass for you too ?.
    😀

scruff
    Free Member

Was Solo a Big Hitter before the other ones were banned ?

Solo
    Free Member

There is probably all sorts of crap in it

Yeah, THEN HOW DO YOU KNOW ?.

Answer. You don’t, nor do you appear to care.

When you say that drinking milk isn’t killing everyone.
    How do you imagine you can prove that.

Quite possibly the most ill concieved post I’ve read in such a long time.

Have I missed the half quote of Mark Twain, or is that yet to be posted by the next enlightened cyclist.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Sure no probs fbk. I think the original authors name was something like Dr. G. Mckeith , but I’m not certain.

On a more serious note, I think it’s fair to say that milk can often contain a lot* of oestrogen. And that’s going to be true of both intensively farmed and lovely happy cows frolicking in fields. Whether that level of oestrogen poses a significant danger to humans is I think a more tricky question to answer. I think risk analysis is a complex area fraught with pitfalls, but for me the odd bit of milk doesn’t rate too high on my list of concerns at the moment.

/Edit
    *Of course saying things like ‘a lot’ show how problematic these things can be. ‘a lot’ compared to what? Why should the comparison quantity be any more valid? etc.

njee20
    Free Member

Answer. You don’t, nor do you appear to care.

When you say that drinking milk isn’t killing everyone.
    How do you imagine you can prove that.

Quite possibly the most ill concieved post I’ve read in such a long time.

I’m honoured! Despite your spelling error.

I don’t know that my water bottle isn’t keeping away lions, but I see no lions here, so it’s entirely possible.

It is also entirely possible that billions are dying from the poisonous toxins in milk. But that would be a global cover up. Do you have any evidence of people who are dying because of it? You say I can’t prove it, but let’s be honest the overwhelming evidence is that it’s not killing people! As I said, I’m fully prepared to accept that there’s a bit of shit in there, but I’m not fussed.

FWIW I don’t really like milk, I’ll have it in tea or on cereal, but would never just drink a glass.

fbk
    Free Member

Please tell me you’re doing this for some sort of sport Solo – I don’t really want to think people are so narrow minded and blinkered they would actually believe the stuff you’re spewing out.

Your selective quoting of posts and ignoring the factual arguments suggests maybe you do actual believe your own hysteria though so I’ll leave you to it.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’m with Solo, he’s making some great points, such as..
    – its full of manky stuff
    – the information is out there
    – you can’t prove its not killing everyone

DrP

The people that give greif over the possibility of antibiotics being in cows milk and carrots, are probably the same cohort that insist their GP gives them antibiotics for their viral sore throat (and refrain from the vaccination programme too, no doubt..!)

I drink pints of the stuff – to remove any doubt I mix it with some left over flucloxacillin, and a teaspoon or two of fresh pus, just to be sure…..

DrP

fbk
    Free Member

Thank god – this post has settled into the usual nonsense and actually made me smile again 🙂

stumpy01

Solo – Member
    Mars refuel always works for me. Well, it tastes nice & that’s all the excuse I need to drink it!

And Mars have worked out thats all they need to do in order to OWN YOU.

Erm – they hardly own me. I buy perhaps 3 or 4 bottle a year or so, when the mood takes me. If Goodness Shakes or Frij is on offer, then I might buy that instead.
    Take that Mars. I’m throwing off your oppressive shackles…… 🙄

I’d say that Banrock Station, Hardy’s, Badger, Theakston’s, Marston’s and several others own me far more than Mars…..

soobalias
    Free Member

I only buy cravendale now because they filter the shite out that is left in average supermarket milk
    Ive seen what happens to people that drink untreated milk.

Solo
    Free Member

but let’s be honest the overwhelming evidence is that it’s not killing people

Oh yeah ?…….Over what time scale ?.

On your test, smoking is fine, no problem at all.
    You know this becasue you saw John smoking a cigarette at 9am this morning and…… he is still alive !.

Praise the lord, smoking doesn’t kill, does it ?.

When consuming food and judging whether eating a particular food item is wise.
    One might consider TIME, as in eating something over a lifetime.

Time scales dude.
    You missed that didn’t you.
    😉

Solo
    Free Member

I’d say that Banrock Station, Hardy’s, Badger, Theakston’s, Marston’s and several others own me far more than Mars…..

Eh ?.

Mars messes with milk in order to get you to consume it.

Beer is beer.

DrP

but let’s be honest the overwhelming evidence is that it’s not killing people

Oh yeah ?…….Over what time scale ?.

To be honest, I do believe that milk is not just a discovery of Modern man….
    The human race has been drinking it for quite some time. Agreed, initially the farming methods would have been different (void of certain chemicals/medications), but so would methods of sanitation/UHT/filtering.

Anyway, no use crying over the stuff…….. 😉

DrP

nealy
    Free Member

So is milk a good recovery drink or what?

bainbrge

I wonder if there is something Freudian going on here re being breast fed (or not) as a child…

*strokes chin in general direction of Solo*

nealy
    Free Member

Bitty?

stumpy01

Solo – Member

Eh ?.

Mars messes with milk in order to get you to consume it.

Beer is beer.

What?! I reckon there’s more messing around done with hops/barley etc. to ‘make’ me consume beer, than there is with milk & a bit of chocolate flavouring to ‘make’ me consume milk.

Beer isn’t just beer. They don’t get beer from the beer tree. Those nasty brewery’s have concocted something from something else to ‘make’ me drink it. I see their conspiracy too now…..Hmmmm. Or not.

You make it sound like Mars are trying to deceptively get me to drink milk by flavouring it with chocolate as some kind of cunning, underhand conspiracy. In actual fact, all they are trying to do is get me to buy a product that makes them money & fits with their Mars branding…..

Lifer
    Free Member

Solo – Member
    After doing all the research for you too, to your satisfaction, I’ll pop round to wipe your ass for you too

That is such a cop out.

You made the claims so back it up.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Neally, milk’s a great recovery drink.
    In fact, not drinking it can send you a bit bonkers. 😀

njee20
    Free Member

When consuming food and judging whether eating a particular food item is wise.
    One might consider TIME, as in eating something over a lifetime.

DrP nailed that one. Milk production and consumption goes back over 10000 years. I’m not aware of any plagues of milk-related death in that period.

Can you please provide any evidence to support your hysterical ramblings!? You’ve said they’re out there!

scud
    Free Member

I think that we are debating whether milk is unhealthy, but I would rather drink that then many of the supposed sports drinks with huge amounts of sugar, caffeine etc.

I think unfortunately in the modern world we have to appreciate that farming methods mean that food stuffs may often have been modified, may contain traces of chemicals etc, it is the price we pay for the huge amounts of foodstuffs needed to feed the population as it is.

Maybe we could go back to fully organic farming with no chemicals etc, just need to cull a few million people???

Solo – is it a reference to your sex life??

nealy
    Free Member

Nice one…I don’t really like milk on it’s own so only have it in coffee which might explain a few things about me 😯 I’ll have to get some chocolate milk which should make it bearable.

boblo
    Free Member

What recovery drink for frothy interweb milk based argument? Blimey, you lot get all worked up about the wierdist things…

As for the show, I thought the presenter could do with a good nights sleep (or her pants were too tight) and she was the one delivering the patronising kiddie fodder that passed for content. That’s why I switched off, I couldn’t stand it.

swisstim
    Free Member

I was actually more interested as to whether they tested a ‘sports drink’ or a ‘sports recovery drink’. In the programme they said that the drinks they used contained no protein…therefore milk was better. Now I could be wrong…in fact i’m sure somebody will say I am…but the Accelerate recovery stuff I have after serious riding has protein in it…it says so on the tub….so… did they test just a carbo sports drink (ie rubbish for post exercise) or a ‘proper’ recovery drink.

It all seemed a bit vague and rubbish to me to be honest…

njee20
    Free Member

did they test just a carbo sports drink (ie rubbish for post exercise) or a ‘proper’ recovery drink.

It appeared to be the former, the consitency is very different, recovery drinks that I’ve seen (High5, SIS, Torq, FGS etc) all ‘look’ milky – the one they tested just looked like a squash, Lucozade or similar.

swisstim
    Free Member

mmm…that’s what I thought as well, it did look very squashlike. Pointless test possibly.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Boblo,
    Maybe special man milk? 😯

Del

The milk fanaticism on here is incredible

not a phrase i expected to read today. 😀

robbo
    Free Member

I think they were trying to show that protein taken straight after exercise helps recovery, which they did (as it does). Easy access protein is milk. I’ve stopped using recovery drinks once I stopped aching the next day – maybe I’m not working hard enough.

njee20
    Free Member

I think they were trying to show that protein taken straight after exercise helps recovery, which they did (as it does)

Indeed, but it was misleading as they were comparing it to an ‘energy drink’, not a recovery drink.

Flash
    Free Member

I think they were trying to show that protein taken straight after exercise helps recovery

I think I might suggest thet to Mrs Flash tonight

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘PSA Milk as a recovery drink on Britains Favoirite Supetmarket Foods’ is closed to new replies.