• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gary.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • PSA – Lancasters flying to/from Bournemouth over this weekend
  • bentandbroken

As the Canadian one broke down for the Bournemouth Airshow I have not seen them flying together yet, but there are lots of opportunities this weekend if anyone is interested

Saturday:
    11.15: Leave Bournemouth Airport
    11.30: Display at Goodwood Revival
    11.50: Return to Bournemoth Airport

Sunday:
    13.30: Leave Bournemouth Airport
    13.45: Display at Goodwood Revival
    14.40: Display at Duxford Air Show
    15.25: Flypast over taxiing ‘Just Jane’ at East Kirkby
    15.35: Land at Coningsby

Whilst at Bournemouth airport, over the weekend, there will be short (possibly 20minute) flights with paying crew. Saturdays short flights are at 14:00, 15:30 and 17:00. You can track the first flight using http://www.flightradar24.com and then make your way to a good vantage point to see them in the air together

I watched one of them flying this evening over Ferndown. Amazing sight. Thanks for the PSA.

gary

Saw one of them in the air over Upton this afternoon – was driving back from a race and as it banked around there was a gradual “that looks like an unusual shape” to “that looks like a Lancaster” transition. Unfortunately I was about to take a turning and didn’t see it for long.

Then dropped in to my parent’s who had come across old RAF work books from my grandpa who served in bomber command. Strange coincidence!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Lancasters flying to/from Bournemouth over this weekend’ is closed to new replies.