Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • PSA. Keavney is on holiday.
  • zippykona

For people like me who normally avoid 6 Music in the morning.

sandwicheater

Cheers, he had started to do my nut in. Has he turned into Chris Moyles?

binners

Even better, its the quite lovely Nemone, who I could happily listen to all day. She always manages to squeeze some of her excellent Electric Ladyland playlist in too

Dear Mr BBC – can you please make this permanent? Purleeeez

scud
    Free Member

Is it me or is Nemone’s voice a bit trouser tingling?

I found Keaveny OK for a few months, but then the same old tired jokes, silly voices etc have carried on, he just sounds bored and like he doesn’t want to be there.

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm, interesting.

Is it me or is Nemone’s voice a bit trouser tingling?
    Definitely not just you..

binners

No, it’s not just you 🙂

gazc
    Free Member

Keaveney’s had his day and needs to walk before he’s pushed… but still he’s a million times more tolerable than George Lamb!

CountZero

Keaveney’s had his day and needs to walk before he’s pushed… but still he’s a million times more tolerable than George Lamb!

<sigh> Sadly, all too true. I listen to Keaveney every day, and I get pretty bored with his continual attempts to appear to be a comedian, but then I remember what it was like when Lamb was on, and count my blessings.
    I admit I do rather enjoy his ‘Middle-aged Shout-outs’, they do make me laugh.
    If only the rest did…

zippykona – Member
    For people like me who normally avoid 6 Music in the morning.

You mean you avoid the lovely LaLa as well? 😯
    For shame!

Pook

Good good. I’ll be able to tolerate the radio when I work from home tomorrow!

lodious
    Free Member

Nemone sounded fine this morning, be a good move if 6 gave Keavo the heavo. I can’t stand him. Perfect example of someone who’s self obsessed hiding under a thin veneer of self deprecation.

Pook

I always think he comes across as a bit nasty too.

davidjey
    Free Member

Just to provide some balance: Keaveney doesn’t bother me at all although I don’t listen to him every day.

On the other hand, there’s something about Nemone that just makes me want to turn off.

mikezer0
    Free Member

What is wrong with you all? Nemone is awful, shes’s almost as bad as Jo Whiley. Keavney is one of the best tings about 6 music, and George Lamb was the best!

Del

^ +1. i put up with her because she has a good ear for a tune. just wish she’d STFU.

nevisthecat
    Free Member

I used to think Keavney was alright – he played some decent music but he’s turned into such a self absorbed pr*ck.

The entire show, as someone up thread pointed out, is all about him under a veneer of self deprecation (good description that chap!).

He’s the annoying bloke in the office wit the dad gags and the comedy South Park tie and the half mast trousers everyone tries to avoid.

toby1

Keavney I could live with if he just stopped his bloody awful impressions, they are crap, just move on man!

New one has a great radio voice.

mrchrispy

George lamb was deffo marmite. Personally I loved it, bloody stupid banter with some ace tunes from the little hobbit.
    He’s back doing a podcast you know…it’s exactly the same as the old show. Just search on itunes

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Keavney fanboi here – Not liking Nemone tbh – yes her voice is silky smooth but it sort of ends there for me. She has no wit nor invention about her. Breakfast DJ’s all have their time but if you listen everyday for any length of time any and all DJ’s will eventually get on your wick. I listen to Keavney for about 30-40mins each day maybe that’s the secret.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘PSA. Keavney is on holiday.’ is closed to new replies.