Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • PSA: Joplin posts going cheap at CRC
  • bullandbladder
    Free Member

Apologies if it's already been posted.

Joplins in assorted sizes, £100.

stumpyjon

Remote version is £ 130, absolute bargin.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Hmm, might give my parents a suggestion for my 30th in 2 weeks time…

BoardinBob

Remote version is £ 130, absolute bargin.

£130

For a seatpost

😆

I'd love one, but there is no justification for paying that much for a seatpost, when stopping and reaching behind me every so often is completely free!

B@rney
    Free Member

Thats because they are sh;t…..

lyons
    Free Member

Ordered a remote version yesterday… 117 pounds with the Christmas ten thing! I couldn't really miss that opportunity

stumpyjon

Thats because they are sh;t…..

Do you own one? Mine's been very good thankyou, had it for over six months and no issues at all. Only p*ssed now cos they're so cheap, got mine on offer in the summer. At that price I'm nearly tempted to get one for the hardtail.

I'd love one, but there is no justification for paying that much for a seatpost, when stopping and reaching behind me every so often is completely free!

Bet you change your mind if you get one 😆

B@rney
    Free Member

They keep my mate (a lbs mechanic) ticking over nicely. Always one in "not working properly"… Think I'll give it a couple of years till they make a proper one. +1 with BoardinBob

steve_b77
    Free Member

I'm thinking of getting another one as at £90 if you apply 10% voucher they're only £20 notes more than a Thomson or Sunline one.

And they got red shiney bits to match the rest of my shiney red bits

5thElefant
    Free Member

Mine lasted ~5 rides. So keep the receipt!

Anyone know who does the warranty work?

wwaswas

2Pure

cynic-al
    Free Member

2pure.

Mine going fine, they should retro-fit the new seal under warranty.

nickc

They fail the "Nothing Ugly on the Bike" test for me, and the price still isn't tempting. I can see the point of them, but I'm glad I have reasonably long legs.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Cool thanks. It is a seal failure.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

What do you have to do for the Christmas discount?

stumpyjon

They keep my mate (a lbs mechanic) ticking over nicely.

So that would be a no then.

james
    Free Member

"Anyone know who does the warranty work?"
    Send it back to whoever you bought it off, your contract is with them. They'll send it to 2Pure

I could be wrong but when I looked CRC only had 75mm drop Crank Bro.s ones, which isn't exactly a lot
    My 125mm drop KindShock/Purerace one is much more useful, actually dropping right out of the way for 99% of the time I drop the saddle.
    Okay so a lot of the time I might only drop the saddle 30 – 80mm (ish) but being to drop further when required without having to stop, get off, drop it, get back on, try and set off on in a dodgy spot is great

I bought one because even with a conventional seatpost chopped so that its at minimum insertion at pedalling height, I can only get the saddle about 80mm lower when dropped, I was wanting a bit more for silly sections where the saddle was getting in the way fully dropped

chakaping
    Free Member

They fail the "Nothing Ugly on the Bike" test for me,

You really need to post a picture of yourself if you're going to make a statement like that.

On topic: Every review I've read of them has said that they go wrong. One person here (I think) says his has been fine. On balance I think I'll pass.

Unless lots more of you want to come forward with glowing testimonials?

showerman
    Free Member

love mine, best thing you can do in really sh2ty conditons is an old innertube to cover the shaft grese inside it and ziptie around the top, will leave mine on all winter just check under after each ride little dab of grease. even with the new seals the amount of crap the seals will fail its a pity they do not supply one with the post as it would stop nearly all the problems

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

I've just bought a a KS i850 for £53. Greased up and positioned the seat just right. Chucked and old velcro shock sock on and so far its been bloody great!

yetiguy
    Free Member

are they easy to install?

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Yeti – A breeze mate. I had to buy a shim as they are only 27.5 and my seatpost tube is 30.0 (mate bought one too and his tube is 30.9)

Really can't believe how good they are. I tested mine the other day and the bike got crapped up to high heaven. The post dropped and returned without fuss. For the money I don't think you can go wrong. I'd recommend one if your not anal about the weight! Bought from the nice people at Leisure Lakes.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Not the cutest looking thing, but its a chariot not a sports car!

Digger90
    Free Member

£100 for what is an utterly cr@pola piece of cr@p????

WTF?

They'd have to give them away for them to be worth anything.

Speaking from personal experience – not hearsay.

gee
    Free Member

Cranks Brothers = Crap. Along with Race Face, one of the few bike companies who don't make a single good component.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

RaceFace Evolve and Deus bars & posts have always been superb in my experience.

benjag
    Free Member

shirley fitting a rear crud guard gets rid of the crap on the seal issue?? I thought the bearing system on the original joplin was p.poor and the newer 5" drop version was better (I guess not the one that is on the cheap though?). As I understand it the i900 post has a much better bearing without the slop of the joplin.

DaveE

Where can you find these.
    KS i850 for £53
    Are they worth a try.

benjag
    Free Member

I think that is the one above with the hexagonal top shaft. if so Superstar.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I never had any problems with my Joplin on my last bike, only sold it as it wouldn't fit the new one

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Its a Kind Shock benjag. Also badged elsewhere as Sette, Superstar I believe?

Leisure Lakes currently £53. RRP £60

Oh and nearly 4" of travel.

gee
    Free Member

RF posts – heads come off (Deus).

Flat Bars can't take bar ends.

Stems are just pressed taiwanese tat – very overpriced.

GB

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

not here gringo!

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

thing is that pure racing one for £54 is apparently 700 grams? the joplin comes in at 460g which is a fair difference.
    although my standard post is 350g I'd want as little extra on top of that as possible.
    i'm still tempted by the joplin.

yetiguy
    Free Member

very tempted

grumm
    Free Member

Only 3 inch drop? Not worth it imo. I have a KSi900 with 5" drop which is good when it works but very unreliable – just got a gravity dropper with 4" drop which is ok but I wouldn't want any less.

Paceman
    Free Member

Snow days off work are dangerous for your wallet…

couldn't resist it any longer, just ordered a Joplin L seatpost for the RC405 😆

Been umming and ahhing for weeks… worried the price would go up again or they'd run out.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Joplin posts going cheap at CRC’ is closed to new replies.