Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • PSA: Jesus phone owner 4.1 update is out
  • Drac

Installing mine now.

jam-bo

Installed mine a week ago.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So, what's new?

jam-bo

Fixed Bluetooth.
    HDR photos
    Hi def upload to YouTube

Plus some other stuff.

Drac

http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/software-update/

/handbag "Ooooooooooooooooh"

Jamie
    Free Member

jam bo:

I better post date your medal for services to awesomeness then 8)

I personally will not be updating yet as am a filthy jailbreaker.

jam-bo

Surf-mat doesn't have an iPhone so someone has to be awesome on this thread.

Was in John lewis the other day and some had jailbroken all the ipads.

Jamie
    Free Member

Was in John lewis the other day and some had jailbroken all the ipads.

Damn kids! Most Apple stores have had to block the domains and sub-domains of the jailbreak.me sites to stop people doing it. Bit childish really.

clubber
    Free Member

But quite funny really 🙂

update tonight then

cp

Was in John lewis the other day and some had jailbroken all the ipads

brilliant!

Anyone with a 3G know if this update puts speed back into the thing? Since updating to OS4 my 3G has intermittently become sloooooooow, which seems pretty common.

clubber
    Free Member

Allegedly it does though no doubt there'll be nothing official to confirm since Apple being the usual c0cks they are they'll deny that there's an issue with speed on the 3G (or the 3GS)

yoshimi

Cant bear the thought of updating it – the thing always crashes and then have to do a restore – and yes my 3g is much slower now

Milkie
    Free Member

I won't be updating, nothing worthwhile on the update! I can already do HD video uploads and HDR photo's and never had a problem with the proximity sensor…

Must be because I'm AWESOME. 😉

GrahamS

Well I tried to update last night and my 3GS is now completely bricked ❗

It got stuck right at the end with an error message, leaving the phone with the "Connect to iTunes" icon.

I've tried multiple Restores and downloaded the update again from Apple, but nothing doing. Error message near the end every time. I'll probably have to try rolling back to 4.0.2 tonight and see if that helps.

Jamie
    Free Member

Must be because I'm AWESOME.

*orders more medals*

clubber
    Free Member

😯 @ GrahamS – might just hold off for a bit on mine then!

GrahamS

Anyone with a 3G know if this update puts speed back into the thing? Since updating to OS4 my 3G has intermittently become sloooooooow, which seems pretty common.

Yep, doesn't look like a huge improvement though:
    http://lifehacker.com/5628991/iphone-3g-speed-test-ios-40-versus-ios-41

Allegedly it does though no doubt there'll be nothing official to confirm since Apple being the usual c0cks they are they'll deny that there's an issue with speed on the 3G (or the 3GS)

Actually "3G Performance" is one of the official bugs listed as fixed by the patch.

clubber
    Free Member

Well Hallelujah! Dress me up in a dress and call me Bishop!

GrahamS

@The Right Reverend clubber: Yeah I'd hold off till it is apparent whether I am just unlucky or it is a widespread issue with the update.

Rio

Upgraded mine last night but it took 4 hours and 2 attempts to download it. Main difference so far seems to be that it's stuck a "Game Center" app on the home screen and consequently created another screen with one app on it so the whole lot needs sorting out – if they're going put things I don't want on the home screen they could at least spell them correctly. Will be interested to see if the Bluetooth fixes now mean that it'll speak nicely to the car again, like it did before the 4.0 upgrade. One step forwards, 2 steps back…

Drac

For contrast mine went swimmingly and is now blasting out the new Faithless Album into my lugs.

And I'm not even Awesome but the king of awesome photoshopped my head for his holiday shot.

Jamie
    Free Member

I never get why people are so keen to download Apple updates. Give it a few days at least for other people to find the problems.

Drac

It's been out for a few weeks for people to test it and develop.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I shall update in the next couple of days then, fed up of my slow 3G!

Jamie
    Free Member

Drac – Member
    It's been out for a few weeks for people to test it and develop.

*cancels Drac's medal*

Drac

****!

Jamie
    Free Member

I wouldn't get too bothered Drac. From what I understand you and Matt have interchangeable heads, so you must be getting some of his awesomeness by proxy.

Drac

His wife's Awesome. 😀

clubber
    Free Member

Nah, she's just average. I've had better 😉

GrahamS

stuck a "Game Center" app on the home screen and consequently created another screen with one app on it so the whole lot needs sorting out

Good God! But that could take seconds, possibly even minutes!
    Do they think you have nothing better to do. 😕

Will be interested to see if the Bluetooth fixes now mean that it'll speak nicely to the car again, like it did before the 4.0 upgrade

Worringly my Bluetooth to car got better with the 4.0 upgrade as it started displaying peoples names in the right order, rather than displaying it as Last Name, First Name which I hate.

Shame the list of recent numbers shows all fifteen calls to the same person, which is accurate, but not particular useful – I suspect that one is the car's fault rather than the iPhone though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

His wife set the business up. He just married into it. Awesome marriage.

organic355
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

Ok…this is getting a bit much/personal now. 😐

clubber
    Free Member

Ah it's just a bit of pub banter. Matt's too awesome to take it seriously.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That's the shiniest hand I've seen in ages.

Rio

Good God! But that could take seconds, possibly even minutes!
    Do they think you have nothing better to do.

Strangely I do have better things to do than sorting out something that wasn't wrong in the first place. Like posting on STW, for example! 😉

Rik
    Free Member

Did mine last night. It's transformed the speed of my 3g. A lot faster, no freezing so far and not been thrown out of any apps yet.
    Recommended so far

cp

Rik – that sounds promising!

Wozza
    Free Member

Does it fix the proximity sensor problem? I live on the 9th floor and the temptation to launch it off the balcony is getting worse!

Jamie
    Free Member

Let me know when you are going to launch it Wozza.

*buys fishing net*

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Jesus phone owner 4.1 update is out’ is closed to new replies.