Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • PSA – Garmin HRM straps…
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Don’t leave them out in the sun… they stop working.

Which is annoying.

Clong
    Free Member

If your talking about the premium one, they dont need to be left out in the sun to stop working. They seem to give up the will to live after 2-3 months use no matter what i do.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ha, I’m lucky then… mine’s got to 6 months.

It was stinking yesterday so I gave it a gentle wash with handsoap. Left it outside for about 30 mins… not working this morning.

Clong
    Free Member

Dont bother with the polar strap and garmin sensor either, i semed to get very erratic reading from that combination. Now using the old stlye strap, no worries.

m1kea
    Free Member

[touch wood]

Mine’s been going strong for nearly 3 years. Did have to replace the battery a couple of years ago iirc.

There, that’s put the kiss of death on it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

m1kea – is yours the new style soft one??

Doh1Nut

Dead premium strap here also 😥
    I think I got 6 months use out of it with the rest in a dry dark place.

Back to the old nasty one – but it works

N

MSP

I was thinking about getting one of the new style ones, is it not a good idea then? I heard there was some problems when they first came out, but thought that had been sorted now.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

18 month of perfect use with mine. Started getting erratic readings a few weeks ago so I changed the battery and it works fine again.

njee20
    Free Member

My old (classic) one broke after a year, replaced with a Premium, which I seem to have lost 😕

mossimus
    Free Member

Just started using the new ‘premium’ one – get some very erratic readings. Think I might revert to the old plastic one.

jota180
    Free Member

Won’t Garmin replace the faulty ones?
    They always been pretty good on warranty issues

reggiegasket
    Free Member

just bought a premium one actually. Much comfier but I did get some weird readings on the first ride on Saturday, unless I really was at 240 bpm…. Maybe it is more sensitive to positioning than the standard placky strap?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Mine came with my Edge 705 (in 2008) and it’s still going strong with my Edge 800, don’t think its Premium or anything like that though.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Its worth giving the customer services a call – garmin replaced mine when it stopped working and it was outwith the years warranty

Prefer the feel of the premium one to the plastic one as i can forget im wearing it whereas with the plastic one i tend to know its there.

m1kea
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member

m1kea – is yours the new style soft one??

Err don’t know. I guess that like Dibbs, mine won’t be a premium one.

swisstim
    Free Member

@reggiegasket, that’s usually because you haven’t got enough moisture between the sensors and your chest – I give mine a quick splash of water before putting it on after getting 240bpm readings and it worked perfectly from then on

atlaz
    Free Member

Mine is about a year old and fine. Anyone got a cadence sensor they want to sell?

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

I’ve got a brand new unused speed/cadence sensor that I’m not planning on using.. RRP £44.99, £39.99 on Chainreaction.. £30 posed?

matthew dot c dot austin at gmail dot com if you’re interested.

I’ve only had my premium HR strap for a few months but it seems fine apart from one 230bpm reading.. probably not damp enough as others have said. Good bit of kit imo (So far!)

buffalobill
    Free Member

If its the premium strap that’s stopped working, apparently you can use the Polar strap as a replacement (which is a tenner on wiggle) with the Garmin transmitter.

Not tried it, but there’s some stuff on the Garmin forums about it. And its my next step after battery change as mine’s started to go a bit haywire.

mrchrispy

Kiss of death I know but……mine came with a 705 a few years back
    430 hours, 6500 miles and 85000m climbing and its still going strong (I’m at risk of breaking before it does)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Garmin HRM straps…’ is closed to new replies.