Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA: FSA Afterburner chainset & BB, save £170!
  • robarnold
    Free Member

Crazy price for a top of the range chainset & BB. 24mm spindle so fits straight in to a Shimano bottom bracket

Click here

smiff
    Free Member

not being funny but has anyone tried these? i believe (well, i know for a fact) the Shimano axle is actually just under 24mm, and FSA may well be 24mm, so may not fit! unless you have an FSA bb, and no one wants to run those.. which could explain the price.

also desc. mentions BB30 spindle as well, not sure what’s going on!

martinxyz
    Free Member

robarnold
    Free Member

I fitted mine last night to a regular Shimano BB, fits fine, dunno what the bit on the description means about BB30 as its most definitely not a 30mm axle. Probably just a typo

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I know it says 10 speed but can it be used with a 9 speed block or will the spacing/chainline be squiffy?

fourbanger
    Free Member

Can you get chain rings for these anywhere? Looking for one for SS but ratios on offer don’t suite.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ah sod it. I’ve ordered one. 175mm 30/42. I might not use it on my current ride as I’ll need a 2×10 front changer and perhaps even a new block/chain and a rear 10 speed changer but it’ll stay in the garage until I can be bothered to properly upgrade. I do like how it looks and being bored at work I succumed.

nigelb001
    Free Member

These are nice chainsets and brilliant for the price, but don’t buy a FSA 386 if you expect to be able to get a range of different sized chainrings or are heavy on your chainrings as availability is poor.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA: FSA Afterburner chainset & BB, save £170!’ is closed to new replies.