Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA: Free Withnail and I DVD in this weeks Sunday Times
  • binners

If you don’t already own it, you really should.

The work of unbridled genius. IMHO

pedalhead
    Free Member

Fantastic film, best watched whilst enjoying a nice Camberwell Carrot.

IHN

This may be the moment that proves the Binners and I are actually different people.

Withnail and I is a pile of horsesh1t. Just utterly, utterly crap.

brakes
    Free Member

boring and only mild amusing

fast forward to the speech at the end, in fact just watch it on youtube – only bit worth watching

xherbivorex
    Free Member

oi binners, fancy riding into town next thursday evening to watch withnail and i on the big screen in spinningfields?
    could be good…

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

“what f@cker said that?” : )

beautifully filmed, fabulous characters and full of classic lines, great film.

saw it myself (after only ever watching it on video) when they re-released it in the cinema 10 or so years ago, well worth the effort to see it on the big screen.

grumm
    Free Member

IHN – Member
    This may be the moment that proves the Binners and I are actually different people.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST
    brakes – Member
    boring and only mild amusing

fast forward to the speech at the end, in fact just watch it on youtube – only bit worth watching

Sense of humour fail.

kimbers

Right, here’s the plan. First, we go in there and get wrecked, then we eat a pork pie, then we drop a couple of Surmontil-50’s each, means we’ll miss out on Monday and come up smiling Tuesday morning.

TheDoog
    Free Member

I demand to have some booze……….

grievoustim
    Free Member

i don’t know what it is about those “free” DVDs, they just seem to end up in a pile never to be watched – doesn’t matter how good the film is

whearas if I pay real money to buy or rent a dvd it will always get watched in the end

I already own and love W+I though. Still remember when I first saw it on channel 4 about 17 years ago. I just chanced upon it and had never heard of it before then so had none of the “cult” hype and preconceptions it comes with now. Amazing film, funny and sad all at the same time

IHN

Sense of humour fail.

Of the many criticisms levelled at me, many of them fairly, it has never been said that I don’t have a sense of humour.

I have seen the film, I have seen lots of films, I like lots of different types of films. I think the film is rubbish.

kimbers

IHN you are a miserable old bugger perhaps an ex-actor washed up drinking fine wines tormented by your cat is this you?…

z1ppy

going to backup IHN on this, maybe it’s not rubbish, but not the ‘classic’ (film great) ppl will have you believe it is…

nickc

It’s one of those marmite films W&I. Watched it with a mate once, I’m crying with laughter holding my ribs, he just didn’t get it at all.

Each to their own.

noteeth
    Free Member

“I could hardly piss straight with fear” is a perfect line.

kimbers

you have to acknowledge the genius of covering your body in deep heat cream because the flat is too cold

muggomagic

more importantly in tomorrows times there is a cycle supplement and a £20 voucher for Evans.

Never seen withnail and I all the way through, either fell asleep or switched over.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’m with z1ppy and IHN on this. Did I laugh? Yes. Was it a classic movie experience? No

chakaping
    Free Member

Film’s okay.

Idiots constantly quoting lines from it and thinking they are hilarious are not okay.

Fortunately I don’t have to put up with so much of that now I’m no longer in my 20s.

ransos
    Free Member

Me and my best mate both think that W&I is a work of unbridled genius. Our wives both think it’s a steaming turd. Is it a boy/ girl thing?

kimbers

nope my missus loves it too

TimP
    Free Member

My mates dad is one of the policemen (not the one who screams “Get in the back of the van”, but the other one)

And it is a great film. Had it on video but had to give that up when my player died

grumm
    Free Member

My gf loves it too.

mudshark
    Free Member

Some of my friends like it and some don’t; the curious thing is all the ones that like it are the bright ones…. I’ve watched it a rediculous number of times despite enjoying a wide variety of films – need a good script for that; reckon it’s a bit like people who like to read poems despite knowing them well.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Free Withnail and I DVD in this weeks Sunday Times’ is closed to new replies.