• This topic has 17 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • PSA free logs in Fife
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

The Lochore Meadows bike trails in the Whitewoods have finally been cleared after the January storm. There are tons of precut logs stacked at the roadside for free uplift. If they are not uplifted they are going into container sized skip to goodness knows where.

The council guy said take as much as I wanted, he clearly had no idea who he was talking to. 😀

I broke a leaf spring on my trailer on the way home so get up there before I get it fixed.

Stoner
    Free Member

you missed a trick there. Title should be:

Free f***** firewood in Fife. Fill yer flip-flops!

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Have you tried counselling? 😉

ski
    Free Member

You can never have too much firewood 😉

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Have you tried counselling?

Is counselling necessary to walk away from free wood?

captaincarbon
    Free Member

In your case its a lost cause.. and envy on my part!

organic355
    Free Member

Where exactly is it, and can you get up there in a normal car? (estate, will be filling the boot)

EDIT; just checked, bit far from dundee with a boot laden full of wood.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Where exactly is it, and can you get up there in a normal car? (estate, will be filling the boot)

The wood is right by the tarmac roadside on the way to the equestrian centre. There are some big piles right next to the blue container. I’d go for it in a rental car, I’m not certain I’d go that far in my own eatate loaded to the headlining.

One new leaf spring fitted to my trailer, one to go, time’s running out. Get there before me….

falkirk-mark

You expecting another ice age or do you think you will live to 120?

Stoner
    Free Member

One doesnt own mcmoonter towers, one is merely a custodian for the following generations of mcmoonters….

…and they will all need keeping toastie warm 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

You expecting another ice age or do you think you will live to 120?

It freaks me out that this wood is going to be skipped. I’ve biked past it for too long and see its rescue as a positive public service.

Its a lot more satisfying seeing a woodpile that will last a few years than awaiting an avalanche of heating bills through the letter box.

I had a spell in my 30s where prolapsed discs meant I could barely walk, every day I’m out doors now doing something creative, chopping, painting, gardening or building is reason to celebrate.

As Stoner says my niece will be toasty after I’m gone.

geoffj

*checks google maps, fires up the Ranger, wonders if he can borrow next doors BIG trailer?

EDIT – bit too far for me 🙁

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I went back to get a second load first thing this morning. My worst fear was real, virtually all the piles by the roadside are now in the container probably destined for landfill. I liberated a trailer load from it. Enough to bed the new trailer springs in 🙂

ski
    Free Member

virtually all the piles by the roadside are now in the container probably destined for landfill

This makes me so angry, some people have no feelings for us wood addicts 😉

I am clearing a coppice this weekend, 40-60 50 year old Oak and Ash trees, that another contractor was planning to landfill!

Dawnrazor
    Free Member

Any idea if there are still some left?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I don’t know if the container is still there, if it is, it has a full size opening door to the rear. It was about 1/3 full by the time I left this morning.

There was still some wood lying in among the trails that hadnt been moved to the fence/road. The gate is now locked. I’ll try and contact the guys at the meadows again on Monday. I left a note of their facebook page.

On principal, I feel like emptying the whole container to highlight the wastage.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I went back this evening, the container is still there. There is now probably a ton and a half of wood left.

br
    Free Member

Good man.

Why didn’t just stick a note on it, and say ‘free wood, take what you want’ – rather than even bothering with organising containers etc.

And landfill wood… 🙄

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘PSA free logs in Fife’ is closed to new replies.