Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • PSA for Passat owners
  • headfirst
    Free Member

If you have a problem with yours and you think or are told it’s the fuel injectors ring your local main dealership as there is a recall on a particular batch of them, round about 2005 to 2007.

Mine (57 plate diesel) conked out on me on the way to work today, Green Flag man thought it was probably the injectors, he towed it to my usual (independent) garage for me…anyway to cut a long story short I’m now paying £30 quid to get it towed to the main dealer today who will have it fixed tomorrow for me for free, rather than costing me £1200+!! The feeling of relief is quite significant.

Hopefully if you have a similar problem in the future you’ll remember this post!

molgrips
    Free Member

I went in to have my automatic parking brake fixed, they told me about this recall. Cheers for calling me about it.. I bought the car from you.. anyway I got a free set of injectors from it which is nice.

Sorry to hear you conked out though.

bigyinn
    Free Member

molgrips are you moaning about the OP not telling you about a recall on your car (presumably you bought his old one)??

woody2000

He’s moaning about the garage not notifying him of the recall I guess.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

He’s ALWAYS moaning about that Passat. Nowt new there. 😛

bigyinn
    Free Member

VAGslaaag

nickf
    Free Member

I had my lovely new injectors done last month. There hadn’t been a hint of trouble from the previous ones in the previous 145k miles and five years.

Still, no point in turning down the replacement of something that might well go wrong eventually!

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Mine went in France this year… a total PITA but VW payed back all expenses incurred getting the family home & fixed the car… so not a bad result although could have done without it at the time

boblo
    Free Member

Are there ‘free’ injectors for any ‘A’ owners of VAG products?

Edukator
    Free Member

Why does anybody buy a Passat?

signed: confused from SW France.

simmy
    Free Member

My mate’s had his Passat’s injectors done after VAG wrote to him.

His is a 55 plate 2.0 tdi, and he’s only had the car since last September so they must have traced him through DVLA.

Full new set of injectors, and they even washed and vacuumed the car as well.

Nice finishing touch after spending £2000 on a engine rebuild when his oil pump balancer shaft went……. 😯

Mister-P
    Free Member

Is this on the 2.0TDI only?

shotsaway
    Free Member

Out of curiosity why do people still use the VAG acronym?

VAG was used as an abbreviation of Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft until 1992. In Germany Aktiengesellschaft is abbreviated as AG and this has the same meaning as PLC in the UK. Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft (known on the German Stock Exchange as Volkswagen AG) is the parent company of the Volkswagen Group.

The Volkswagen Group consists of 342 companies, which are involved in either vehicle production or other related automotive services.

DickBarton

Probably because saying VAG is much easier and quicker than trying to spout those 2 paragraphs you just did…

Edukator
    Free Member

So what’s changed? VAG

ads678

Surely the 2 letters of VW is easier than the 3 of VAG?

wallop

Hopefully they’ll do a recall on the air con systems on 58 plates 👿

mk1fan
    Free Member

Hmmmm no recall, faults or issues in the last 8-years with my ’99 Bora. Let’s hope the RS4 is as good.

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

I’ve always read “VAG” as shorthand for “VW-Audi Group” products due to the common platforms. Encompasses Skoda, Seat, Bentley, Lamborghini and the rest in my mind (well, the last two might be stretching it…).

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘PSA for Passat owners’ is closed to new replies.