Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PSA. Fenwick’s FS1- No longer just for the workshop!
  • alexpalacefan

My house-mate and I have a fairly relaxed view of the traditional workshop/kitchen divide.

While I was soaking an old cassette in a 50% solution of the above, the container leaked and soaked the stove top. On wiping up along came all the accumulated filth, the stove’s never been cleaner.

Oh, and the cassette came up lovely

A

vdubber67
    Free Member

Mate and I were given small sachets of that on a Trailquest. We didn’t look properly and thought they were gels (until we went to use them!)

AndyPaice
    Free Member

’tis powerful stuff neat, bet your teeth were shiney!

vanilla83
    Free Member

The guy who made Fenwicks claims that he washes in it after races…Its completely non toxic.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

if you get neat FS1 on your skin you can feel it liquify the skin to soap almost instantly (as alkaline chemicals such as sodium hydroxide do), so I wouldn’t want to wash in the stuff!!

I’ve used it on car engines (after an oil leak on the motorway that baked on for several hours) and it went through it like a hot knife through butter, so I bet it dries your skin badly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PSA. Fenwick’s FS1- No longer just for the workshop!’ is closed to new replies.