Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA FAO Nokia Sports Tracker users
  • BoardinBob

If you haven’t already got it, there’s a pretty nifty software update available. The GPS connection seems quicker and more reliable and the upload to the sports tracker site is much quicker.

Most useful aspect though is the inclusion of maps on the mobile screen. Previously before where you could see your route but all it showed was a blue line on a white background, the white background has been replaced with maps!

grimtech
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up on this. Great program, still cant believe it and the use of the sportstracker web site is free!

Xan
    Free Member

Have never seen this software before but after reading Beta Labs site looks really good. Se ethat it is now out for 5800. Does anyone know if there is a handle bar mount available for this phone?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    clubber
    Free Member

Cool – might have to get the new version installed then – the existing one wasn’t great though I think that’s partly to do with the GPS on Nokia’s being a bit crap.

firestarter
    Free Member

ive just downloaded cheers but even when i get a gps signal there is no map it just says loading in the corner does it use the nokia maps already in my phone or something else im missing also does it need to be connected to the net while in use too cheers

clubber
    Free Member

though I think that’s partly to do with the GPS on Nokia’s being a bit crap.

er.. just downloaded the update and got a fix while indoors after a couple of minutes – wow, that’s a major improvement! With the old version, I rarely got a fix even outdoors in less than 5 mins and even then it was a bit hit and miss…

clubber
    Free Member

mick – the map loaded ok for me – you do need to set which connection it uses in the options though so maybe you’ve got it set not to download from the internet (I assume that’s where it’s getting the map from).

BoardinBob

A wee bit of advice I got elsewhere this morning

If you’re referring to the v2.06 then be careful there’s a bug with the AGPS feature where it continuously makes a data connection every 10 secs or so whilst in use, if you don’t have a flat rate data plan you’ll be in for a nasty surprise when you get your next bill

To resolve this problem:

Isn’t there a way to disable the 3G connection?

Yep you can select GSM only connection under settings -> phone -> network or you could disable AGPS settings -> general -> positioning -> p. methods

firestarter
    Free Member

still no map even when connected to net. dunno what im doing wrong ;-(

firestarter
    Free Member

i think the map wont work on a 5800 as its got version 2.0 nokia maps on and it only works on version 3.0 as far as i can see . any of you lot got a 5800 with it on working ? cheers mick

youngj1
    Free Member

I have a 5800, and I have just tested it and it works with out a problem.

It looks like it downloads the map from google maps or somewhere similar, so you’ll need the data connection active if you want to load the map.

Just need some free software for Nokia so that I can upload routes to so that I can navigate by GPS….

eckinspain
    Free Member

Oh, that’s good 😀

Thanks

druidh
    Free Member

Saved routes are in an XML format. I wonder if GPSU can convert?

will
    Free Member

Downloaded this for my 5800 last week. Great little tool!

Is there anyway that you can upload the maps onto your computer, and if so how?

firestarter
    Free Member

mmm young i just cant get it to work even when connected bugger btw what version of nokia maps is on your phone mate

will
    Free Member

Forget my question, i see they are uploaded to the sport tracker website, now just to remember my username and password 🙄

firestarter
    Free Member

did a factory reset it now works lol coolio. looks pretty much same as my garmin 705 if i can work out a way to plan routes i can bin the garmin 😉

BoardinBob

It can display a route on screen and your position relative to it but the route has to be one you’ve already done. If we can find a way to get an external route onto it then it could technically be used as a route finder. The routes appear to be saved as .DAT files.

Shandy
    Free Member

I’ve just started looking into this tonight as HTC have left me without my phone for the last 8 weeks – I have a couple of questions if you don’t mind…

Are any of you using the HRM belt, and if so what handset are you running?

Can you get routefinding via the Viewranger software and does running it with the Sports Tracker slow the phone down/eat the batteries?

Cheers!

Andy

druidh
    Free Member

I think the only HRM belt that works is the one that comes with the N79 Active. It would be nice if other models could use that too though.

Haven’t tried Viewranger (yet)

firestarter
    Free Member

i was looking around today for info on the belt they say its in the pipeline that downloads will be avail to use the belt and it will be sold as a standalone item

veiwranger ive not tried but it looks great

Shandy
    Free Member

Thanks druidh I am trying to find if they sell the Nokia belts seperately as I could do with a slightly more business biased handset. If I can seems to be close to a full package for navigation, training logging, music and email in one device.

druidh
    Free Member

I presume the belt uses Bluetooth?

Shandy
    Free Member

After a bit of research it looks like the N79 Active bundle is the only way to get hold of the HRM belt.

The latest version of the Sport Tracker works with most of the handsets and the HRM. Unfortunately other belts aren’t compatible.

Nokia and Polar seem to have been surprised at the level of demand for the belts and stocks are limited, with no plans announced to sell the belts seperately.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PSA FAO Nokia Sports Tracker users’ is closed to new replies.