Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • psa: C4 Coppers now
  • hora
    Free Member

Looks like it’ll be good. Same producers as 24 hours in A+E?

warton
    Free Member

cheers, would of missed it otherwise

bainbrge

bit heavy handed! I’m surprised the police allowed it to be broadcast.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pacemaker
    Free Member

Definately coppers playing up for the camera.

hora
    Free Member

Jesus wept

IanMunro
    Free Member

Snafu.
    Always good to learn a new acronym.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

loving the fat family fight – the snafu mong woman – “just want to get me keys”! Copper – “you can **** off with ya keys!!”

bainbrge

Pushing over that drunk in the town centre could easily have turned out like Ian Tomlinson! I’m not impressed, although Nottingham town centre is a dump so c’est la vie.

allthepies
    Free Member

TV bod: “Would you do anything differently?”

Chav mum: “Yes, enjoy the birthday party….without booze…..
    …..
    …..
    …..
    …..
    until after 9pm.”

😆

DezB
    Free Member

Snafu.

And one so absolutely correct…

hora
    Free Member

I don’t think the female Sarge expected her to fall that badly however they needed to gain control of the situation asap didn’t they.

Shoving the drunk toothless bloke on his own tho. That was taken personal by the officer. He could have avoided the need to arrest and the ensuing swearing!

emma82
    Free Member

It looks a bit heavy handed but then, if you were in the same situation could you honestly say you could deal with that level of aggression and quite honestly, repulsive type of human being with a gentle demeanor? The people being dealt with are vile and behaving in the most pathetic way possible. I think the police do no more or less than is needed.

There really are some scummy people in the world, what was with all those fat people at the birthday party for 14 year olds??!!!!

DezB
    Free Member

Now we have a “shit on shit crime” 🙂

mrchrispy

Shit on shit incident 😀

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

😆

Cougar

It dates back to WWII doesn’t it?

Think I first came across it back in my Shadowrun days.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

Must be a bit of a buzz though being a rioter, that rush you must feel when you throw your first petrol bomb,or brick, and then every body starts

Ace

will
    Free Member

I do hope that’s a joke 😆

Great episode. Agree with the everything the police are doing!

CaptJon
    Free Member

must resist referring to any of our students as snafu…

DezB
    Free Member

It dates back to WWII doesn’t it?

Means Situation normal all f’ed up to military types

donsimon
    Free Member

‘kin Jessies! It’s only a door!! 😆

hora
    Free Member

Emma82 what about a surly gang of mountain bikers? It’d be like a Yorkshire remake of 300 😉

v8ninety

😯 at the treatment of the drunk in the town centre… Not saying it wasn’t understandable, just surprised that; a) the copper was so agressive/assertive with him with cameras present, and b) that the police PR machine let through footage with such obvious parallels with the Ian Tomlinson debacle.

Nothing but respect for the bobbies though, always amazed at the restraint displayed in the face of such persistent provocation from such vile human beings.

restless
    Free Member

Just watching it on ch4+1

I live in Nottingham 😯 😳

althepal

Wouldn’t have said it was anything unusual. Zero tolerance and tbh, I can understand why.. Give em an inch and all that. Was watching with my wife at the bit where the handicapped lad had been assaulted and his dad was giving folk grief.. She thought that the “9 cops for this is a waste” comment was spot on. From the oneand only time I was just about assaulted in a wagon we radioed our control and asked for the police- I was glad they sent two cars and a vans worth to us (with lights and sirens on).. Admittedly we weren’t far from a station but seeing them run up to the wagon mob handed like that was a relief at that point.
    Plus, it did look like most of them were buggering off in the background once the film crew was there..

mildred

Nottingham is one of those places that does need policing robustly. I’ve lived all around the North of England, and was born and bred in Barnsley, but no other place has the edgy and dangerous feel that Nottingham has on a night out.

One thing I should point out about this episode is that nearly all if the ‘coppers’ were from the Firearms Support Group and usually only get called to incidents of the nature shown when either ‘the wheel has come off’ or fairly serious violence has been used.

Now I may be sticking my head a little too far above the parapet here when I say that most of these bobbys I know well, at least 3 are close personal friends; it may sound like I’m defending actions here but I can guarantee that you will never meet a more chilled out set of blokes than this lot. to put their (our) job into context, we are also the dept that have to attend and deal with fatal RTCs, and far too regularly we’ll be at an incident such as you saw here tonight, and then have to travel to a family home and pass the worst possible news to someones nearest and dearest. Then, due to our ‘other’ job, immediately after this, we may be looking down the barrel of a gun at an armed robber, followed yet again by another incident involving some idiot who can’t play nice once he or she has had a drink.

I watched this and was actually quite proud.

Bregante

Well said Mildred. I rarely watch reality Police shows but recognised a lot of what I have to deal with at work on a daily basis on that show tonight. I was half expecting you to appear TBH.

mildred

Ha ha, I was lurking in there somewhere.

Watch out for episode 4!!!

timc
    Free Member

pity we didn’t see any road side set ups handing out seatbelt fines? 😆

good program, some quality quotes from the bizzies

chewkw
    Free Member

Where is the pepper spraying cop?

althepal

Agree with Mildred.

hora
    Free Member

If you can catch it I thoroughly recommend their other show: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/24-hours-in-ae

Its sometimes repeated on Freeview.

I grew up in Huddersfield next to Sheepridge/Fartown/Deighton – some lovely lovely areas full of lovely characters. Funnily, as a kid I was never scared of them 😆

yunki
    Free Member

I can usually see things from both sides of the fence (excepting perhaps the fat snafu family.. 😯 )

There were a couple of things which made the cops look a bit sketchy IMO.. shoving the toofless drunk.. and the hard faced senior looking copper..

who stated he honestly couldn’t care less what ‘these people’ think.. taken out of context perhaps but no doubt he’ll be a bit of a heart-throb for mail readers..

nellyp
    Free Member

SNAFU

What did the S and the N stand for?

One of the best telly programmes for a while.

Well done C4.

hora
    Free Member

Yunki watch 24hrs in A&E- some of the comments by the short-haired female senior Nurse were quite blunt, forthright and very honest. At first I 😯 but then agreed with her.

IHN

Sub Normal

nellyp
    Free Member

IHN – Member

Sub Normal

Thanks IHN

DezB
    Free Member

Not for the coppers clubber.

IHN

Situation Normal surely?

Normally, yes, but not in this situation 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘psa: C4 Coppers now’ is closed to new replies.