Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA: Bills Hicks BBC4 tonight
  • DezB
    Free Member

From 10pm. Hick’s story, then 1992 live show. Should be worth a viewing.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Cheers, should be good 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

nice one 🙂

deluded
    Free Member

“It’s Bill”

A superb social commentator who made it f’ing funny.

We miss you.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Brilliant at the time. The trouble is every one copied him. And now every third rate comic does a joke about the munchies, bits about cigs and drugs being ok, and his delivery has been copied too. So what was cutting edge now looks dated. I still watch him whenever his stuff is shown.

dogbert
    Free Member

I’ve got American: The Bill Hicks Story on Blu Ray, I can properly recommend it. A sad story told well by the people who loved him

The Grand Prix thing thats on before it looks worth a watch

stanfree
    Free Member

Not trolling as I find Bill Hicks funny but he is no legend , He falls into the category of Jimmy Morrison , Jeff Buckley, Sid Vicious :-), John Belsuhi and Jimmy Dean as good at there trade but wouldn’t be as famous If they hadn’t have died young.
    Why do we all gush over Hicks and Jimmy Morrison etc because they died young. ?

On the flipside the likes of Jimmy Hendrix , John Lennon , Bob Marley and Kurt Cobain all died prematurely and could IMO be described as legendary.
    It’s a strange concept.

For the record I think John Candy ,Richar Pryor and Dermot Morgan were also sad losses.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

“It’s Bill”

There’s two shows on so technically it’s a double Bill

The trouble is every one copied him.

Mainly Dennis Leary, a lot.

davidrussell
    Free Member

The Grand Prix thing thats on before it looks worth a watch

it is, pretty moving scene at the end with a driver trying to rescue his friend from a burning vehicle which was upside down. theres a nick drake track used in it which i now cant stop listening to either.

kimbers

nah he was a genius imho

relentless starting now

konadad
    Free Member

sorry for the tit question but what does psa mean?

davidrussell
    Free Member

public service announcement mate

samuri
    Free Member

Why do we all gush over Hicks and Jimmy Morrison etc because they died young. ?

Morrison, I agree.

Hicks? The first time I saw one of his shows I laughed so hard (the particular joke was when he got pulled over on acid and watched the cop approaching in the wing mirror), that I actually wee’d myself a little bit.

That pretty much does it for me. Sod all the analysing, he told hilarious jokes very well.

racefaceec90

i wonder what bill would make of today’s world.he’d have so much material he just wouldn’t know where to start.he is definitely one of my favourite comedians.edit i made him sound like he came from the 50’s 😳

canibearaindogtoo
    Free Member

I’d take Bill Hicks over Kurt Coabain any day and I was a massive Nirvana fan as a kid. Watch the stuff on marketing and ‘it’s just a ride’, feels like it was done yesterday.

Goat boy called it like he saw it.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Both programmes now up on iplayer 🙂

For the record I think John Candy ,Richar Pryor and Dermot Morgan were also sad losses.

Agreed, but they all had 20+ years more, no?

“people who hate people, come together”

“no”

LMFAO

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Bills Hicks BBC4 tonight’ is closed to new replies.