Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • PSA – Bargain Vibram Soled Walking Shoes
  • mundiesmiester
    Free Member

They are from Hi-Tec so not for Marmot wearing A4 types but they are well built and a bargain at £26 with free shipping(use voucher code WW60)

http://www.hi-tec.com/uk/bartholo-mens-multi-sport-shoe-chocolate-black-burnt-orange.html

thedude
    Free Member

I got some thanks buddy.

finners

Nice. Code works on a lot of others too 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

I do need some dog walking shoes, how’d you find the sizing OP?

It says maybe go a size smaller than normal.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Outstanding,pair of walking shoes ordered,for work over winter. Thanks.

curvature
    Free Member

£64 now.

chakaping
    Free Member

(use voucher code WW60)

At checkout

martin555
    Free Member

thanks!!!

mikey3
    Free Member

Did you just order a pair martin555? code not valid for me 🙁

devash
    Free Member

Vibram soles are deadly on wet rocks.

VanHalen

all vibrams are not hte same.

neilforrow

tick, and got my kid some new school shoes too.

Cheers OP.

Crag
    Free Member

Thanks OP. New pair of walking boots and merino socks ordered for the princely sum of £36

grum
    Free Member

I had some hi-tec walking shoes and they were shite. Fell apart rapidly. HTH.

timc
    Free Member

Ordered some Socks, Can’t argue with those prices 🙂

Thansk OP

dknwhy

Thanks OP. Got my boy some new waterproof walking boots for £16.

Stoner
    Free Member

I bloody hate vibram. Nothing like the original compound. Lethal in the wet.

mduncombe
    Free Member

I bloody hate vibram. Nothing like the original compound. Lethal in the wet.

Vibram do produce numerous tread patterns and compounds, dozens if I recall correctly. Some designed for more grip others for durability. I have worn Vibram soled boots for numerous mountaineering/hill walking activities including climbing Alpine 4000 meter peaks and would not hesitate to use Vibram again. Saying Vibram is lethal in the wet is like saying a the whole range of tyres from a mountain bike tyre manufacturer is lethal in the wet, its just not true, some patterns and compounds will be better in certain conditions than others,but most are designed to be a compromise between grip and durability.

Stoner
    Free Member

the whole range of tyres from a mountain bike tyre manufacturer is lethal in the wet

Ah! I see youve used Continental’s too 😉

I know there are vibram compounds (like the originals) that are still excellent. Its just youre not going to find them on a £26 HiTec. Even most merrels that milk the Vibram brand affiliation to death spec shit vibram compounds.

mduncombe
    Free Member

Ah! I see youve used Continental’s too

Funny you should say that actually, my winter road bike tyre of choice is the Conti 4 season 🙂

finners

+1 what mduncombe said

chewkw
    Free Member

I got a pair but not the leather ones. Very comfortable summer shoes. I bought it from TK Maxx for about £30 or less last year. Still as good as the first day I got them but then I only wear them in town. No outdoor stuff. Vibram … whatever, they have not worn out yet after almost daily used.

Definitely worth getting another pair … for me.

Edric64
    Free Member

My Hi Tec walking boots cost £40 and have done 6 years service £90 Merrells were **** and fell apart in just over a year

scuttler

For those Hi-Tec wearers over the age of 40

stevied
    Free Member

Great timing, thanks OP. Just ordered a pair of boots and socks for £54 from £135.

7% cashback at Quidco too 🙂

kimbers

cool, my 8 year old hiking boots have been in a sorry state for a while ive got my 1st archaeology field trip in a couple of weeks and I was gonna get some impact adhesive and see if they could manage one last adventure, instead Ill be able to impress all the hip young undergrads with my trendy hitecs………

poltheball
    Free Member

Cheers OP, perfect timing! HiTec are one of the only companies that does uk14 boots at relatively reasonable prices, so with this discount.. bosh.

Might get two pairs..

Candodavid
    Free Member

Vibram are bringing out for the footwear repair industry a rubber sole with Kevlar inserts which allow you to walk on ice…..very impressive

lowey

“Coupon not valid” 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

Just arrived.

Fit me really well thankfully and seem very good quality, with minimal hi-tec branding. Soles appear to be quite sticky fwiw.

Thanks again OP!

dirtydog
    Free Member

@mduncombe

Which ones are these, the lethal ones or the grippy ones?

Merrel/Vibram, wouldn’t touch either again, which is a pity as Vibram probably make some good soles unfortunately there’s no way of knowing until you’ve bought them.

dirtydog
    Free Member

@mduncombe

Which ones are these, the lethal ones or the grippy ones?

Merrel/Vibram, wouldn’t touch either again, Vibram probably make some good soles unfortunately there’s no way of knowing until you wear them.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Hitec stuff is just fine.

My national trust leather boots are now 3 years old and have been worn all over the world for alot of walking. Up hills and mountains, they fit my feet better than any other shoes ive tried and have lasted much much longer than more expensive shoes ive had from merrell and scarpa.

I bought them off the back of my last pair of hi tecs litterally falling apart after 15 years.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Bargain Vibram Soled Walking Shoes’ is closed to new replies.