Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)
  • PSA – Bargain Edge 800's
  • cp

All,

Halfords have got back Edge 800’s GB Discover packs for £256.99 (281.99 less £25 at checkout)… less more if you use topcashback and the like. These are the ones with the whole of the UK in 1:50k.

I ordered one last week before they ran out of stock & it arrived a few days later. In fact, they’re now a couple of quid cheaper still…..

Cheapest from anywhere by a LOOOONG way.

(They also have the road pack with HR and cadence for a few quid more)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_844071_langId_-1_categoryId_165741

Shorty121
    Free Member

I hope this offer stays til January 😀

Vortexracing

bugger, just bought a bundle edge 500 from CRC at £225 and they have em at £170.

Bloody typical.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cp

Vortex, the edge 500 is £155 at checkout to make the pain worse 🙁

pedalhead
    Free Member

Bugger they were out of stock when I ordered one from Wiggle a few days ago. That’s a total bargain.

stumpy01

Oh man…..kinda wish I hadn’t clicked on this!

Almost too good a bargain to miss. And given that the 800 isn’t that much more than the 500, it seems like it’s worth spending a bit more on the 800…..don’t really need it though….

oh bugger! Decisions decisions…..

DT78
    Free Member

The 800 is brilliant – if that helps!

cp

I’d been looking at 705’s for a few weeks on ebay – all going for nearly £200… nearly bought an 800 from Wiggle when they had the extra 15% off which made them 300 with platinum discount aswell – at the time, that was the cheapest…

Stumbled on the Halfords deal and couldn’t resist!!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I’m very tempted to go for the cadence, HRT monitor and euro mapping for my road bike.

Been using my iphone for a while.

Hmm.

stumpy01

DT78 – Member
    The 800 is brilliant – if that helps!

Fingers in ears….laaa laaaa laaaaa…..

warton
    Free Member

brilliant cheers. Using my christmas and birthday money to buy an edge. was close to spending 225 on a 500 at wiggle. for 75 quid more I can have 800, with all the gubbins, and euro mapping. or 500 for 155, money left over for other stuff. decisions, decisions!

stumpy01

How well would one of these work as just a heart rate monitor, for example if I was doing a turbo trainer session…..?

cp

fine – they have a setting to turn off gps. If you have the cadence/speed sensor, you will also get speed info as well as heart rate. you need to go for one of the packs with the HR monitor and cadence sensor (the os map one doesn’t come with either – I already had them).

warton
    Free Member

stumpy, perfectly, and you have cadence and speed off the back wheel too.

stumpy01

Cool – I think I might go for the 500 version…..

sing1etrack

Is there a difference between this ‘discover pack’ and the ‘trail bundle’ that the likes of CRC are selling? Can’t see anything obvious 😕

cp

no, its the same – just described differently by different retailers.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Just bought the 500 with HR monitor and cadence sensor. Been after one of these for ages and at that price it would be rude not too. Next day delivery for £3 too.

Total bargain.

sing1etrack

Thanks cp

Edit – both for the PSA and the clarification

warton
    Free Member

think I’ll get the 500 tonight. my mate just paid 240 for the ‘premium’ edition of the 500 (better HR strap). to say he’s gutted is an understatement

CHB

Does this have a same maps and functionality as a standalone Garmin Satnav as well as the OS 1:50000 maps?
    ie can I use it in the car for postcode to postcode navigation?

If it does then its going in the basket!

cp

I believe, though I’ve not tried it, that the OS maps ARE routable for the roads.

CHB

I appear to have accidently ordered one. oops.

njee20
    Free Member

Unless they’ve changed from the 705 you can’t do 7-digit postcode directions, but you can type in an address and it’ll navigate to that. Won’t talk to you, but will flash up when you need to make a turn.

There’s every chance they’ve updated that on the 800 anyway though.

CHB

So it has all the proper roads in for the UK, including residential streets and minor roads?

frogstomp

Slightly more discount (10% – applied instead of the £25 off £200) if you use the code NUSDEC11 at the checkout..

cp

CHB — from the Garmin website

Select your destination and Edge 800 provides turn-by-turn navigation prompts on the screen to guide your ride there.

Edge 800 is available with Garmin GB Discoverer™ 1:50,000 scale Ordnance Survey mapping for the whole of Britain. With contours, elevations, summits, paths, routable roads and more, it’s ideal for biking anywhere in Britain on any terrain. Or choose optional plug-in 1:25k scale GB Discoverer maps for OS Explorer Map detail of your favourite National Parks (19 titles) or National Trail (17 titles).

njee20
    Free Member

So it has all the proper roads in for the UK, including residential streets and minor roads?

If you get either City Navigator or the OS bundle yes.

martinxyz
    Free Member

most seem to be sold out.

cp

most seem to be sold out.

They’re never available in-store, only online… All of them are (for the time being) still available.

tcomc1000
    Free Member

To the original poster,
    Sir, you are a scholar and a gentleman! Have just ordered my 800 from halfords. Though if my girlfriend finds out I may be in trouble as I wasn’t supposed to buy stuff before Christmas. (If you are reading dear then I love you:))
    Well done again for both finding and posting this, you have made me a happy chappie.
    Oh, I’m actually in massive trouble anyway as my girlfriends edge 500 won’t be as shiney or new as my 800.
    Thanks again from the probably soon be single tcomc!

Kryton57

Also try the Best Buy website – they are closing down.

I eventually bought a 500 HRM for £120, after (via the web) agreeing a store collection on it at £170. Whilst thier to collect, I noted the one in the display case and asked “how much for the ex-display”….

Came fully equipped and working.

Alex

I have received grudging approval from the financial controller 🙂 Right anyone want to buy a pre-owned 205? 🙂

splitlip
    Free Member

Thanks to cp for the PSA & to frogstomp for the 10% discount code, it works, I’m now £253.79 poorer. 😀

large418
    Free Member

Not sure how to say this, but thanks to the kindness of the OP, and the “commit to buy” button on the Halfords website, the kids are now going to have a thrifty Christmas, I will be in the doghouse, and there will be moody silences throughout the Christmas holiday. Still, I’ll be happy with my new toy!

Does anyone want a Magellan 500 Explorer GPS with all mapping software included for, lets say £256? It’s got a colour screen, the whole of the UK mapping, and is, quite possibly, the worst GPS anyone could ever have designed. Bargain though as it would have cost over £400 new.

Aidy
    Free Member

Also try the Best Buy website – they are closing down.

I eventually bought a 500 HRM for £120, after (via the web) agreeing a store collection on it at £170. Whilst thier to collect, I noted the one in the display case and asked “how much for the ex-display”….

Came fully equipped and working.

Might be worth poking about in-store as well, if you’ve got one near you.

I got mine for £99.97 shortly before the shut down was announced, although I think that price might have been supposed to be for the non-HR/Cadence version….

Kryton57

I got mine for £99.97 shortly before the shut down was announced, although I think that price might have been supposed to be for the non-HR/Cadence version….

They made that mistake with me – but that issue got spotted at the till. They had reverted back to £150 (with HRM), but a few more arguments and we agreed on £120. Can’t complain…..

biga1
    Free Member

Lovely! Cheers for that, bit of a pain as I’ve got to send my unopened one back to Wiggle..! Thought I’d got a good deal at £305..

Thanks again OP 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Anyone recommend the best place to buy an extra speed/cadence sensor. Found this place is there cheaper?

CHB

Yes, thanks to OP for this. It means that not only do I now have a state of the art satnav, but I also have free time over the xmas break. The money I would have spent in the sales has just gone to halfords!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Bargain Edge 800's’ is closed to new replies.