Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • PSA Bargain 1/2 price Salsa Horsethief
  • MaxWall
    Free Member

Bargain to be had here….

http://www.billys.co.uk/english/group.php?prod=5SA-2013Horse3

all sizes available, just wish I had some spare cash 🙁

sandwicheater

Wish I had the cash, would have purchased that in a second.

Will be keeping an eye on that site next year when I’m hoping somehow I’ll have some money.

ahwiles
    Free Member

it’s such a bargain, i might just buy another!

MaxWall
    Free Member

ahwiles – you could buy it for me, instead of having 2 for yourself……greedy 😉

cb

This was posted a while ago and a mate bought one – very nice bikes. Really surprised they still have stock

Kryton57

Isn’t that Sektor a coil sprung fork?

bigbmx
    Free Member

Girlfriend now owns a spearfish

ahwiles
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member

Isn’t that Sektor a coil sprung fork?

nope.

edit: there may be a coil spring hiding inside, but there’s definitely an air-valve…

tomaso
    Free Member

Is this the frame with DW split link pivot thingy or the older one that flexes the stays?

Clink

older one

ahwiles
    Free Member

flexy one – not as exciting maybe, but i like the simplicity.

as an experiment, i took the shock out, and it all moved very freely.

(you can feel some slight resistance as the seatstays flex, but not much at all)

Kryton57

Hmm, when you read the old review vs the new review, it doesn’t seem worth buying to replace a bling-almost-to-the-max ASR5 😀

campfreddie
    Free Member

I’ve just bought one of the mamasita 29er frames for £250

hora
    Free Member

NO offence to anyone but que lots of STW’ers buying one, they don’t need it, but they’ll put it on their credit card as its a bargain and too much of a bargain to ‘miss up on’.

I wonder how many of these types are there- maxed on debt but ‘must have’?!!?

Steelsreal

there are a few elixir 1s wtb saddles & salsa wheels turning up in the classifieds as well 🙂

kevin1911

NO offence to anyone but que lots of STW’ers buying one, they don’t need it, but they’ll put it on their credit card as its a bargain and too much of a bargain to ‘miss up on’.

Oh, so I’m not the only one who has done this then? Fortunately I seem to have grown out of that phase now…

mm93
    Free Member

Does anybody know how much this bike weighs?Would it be too much bike for Cannock and similar?

mm93
    Free Member
    ahwiles
    Free Member

my 20″ out of the box: 31 lbs.

with pedals: 32.

the frame weighs 6.76 lbs (3070g)

yes, i’ve fully stripped it, and weighed everything*

(*except headset)

Hora: to fund this purchase i am selling: my Downhill bike, a surfboard, a commuter ‘chassis’, and a spare of forks or 2.

campfreddie
    Free Member

@hora

I’m just spending money because I’m bored and it’s raining outside.

I thought it would be nice to build a bike for my butler to ride who he could be right next to me with a g&t whenever I need a rest-stop.

iain1775
    Free Member

LOL at Freddie
    Any vacancies for that butler position?

hora
    Free Member

Hey dont justify your crack cough bike habit to me!

Basil

Wow, £1999.00 seems a lot for a Fargo?

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

Yeah, I was desperately hoping he’d have an El Mariachi frame, but full prices it seems 😮

ahwiles
    Free Member

i can now confirm that it’s a stonking bike.

I was a little concerned that the shock has no pro-pedal lever/adjustment, but even my poorly co-ordinated stomping on the pedals didn’t induce any significant bob. Clever pivot placement i guess?

Handling wise, i’d describe it as reassuringly neutral. The chainstays are longer than is fashionable (460mm), but it really isn’t a problem – at all. The headangle is a little steeper than is fashionable, but not enough to cause any problems, and it’s a very well mannered climber (no floppy steering round tight, slow, uphill hairpins) – i’d call it a successful compromise.

(other things: the BB height, and TT length, and seat angle, and etc. all seem ‘about right’ – not too low/high/long/short)

The wheels seem a bit weighty, but i clumsily spangled the rear into a big rock without bending/denting anything, so they’re not without merit.

anyone want to buy a wtb saddle? – used once…

campfreddie
    Free Member

Which version Silverado saddle is it? Is the lettering stitched or printed?

peasant
    Free Member

[/url][img]https://v4s.yimg.com/so/7429/12567884424_6abe8ac419_c.jpg[/img]
    DSC00079 by zonda200, on Flickr[/url]
    I brought one and stripped it,sold the parts and built this 😀
    just under 30lbs in XL ,1st ride today so early days ,but love the way it pedals with the DT swiss shock fitted

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I bought one of these as an upgraded from my 26″ hardtail Genesis Core 20.

Been out to Glentress a few times on it and like it a lot. Better both uphill and downhill than the Genesis – carries more momentum and holds its line better.

No real lockouts on the shocks but they seem to just work fine without them. I set them up for my weight, put the dials in the middle and haven’t touched them since.

Elixer 1 brakes are nice too – don’t rub or squeal, have enough power and don’t bite too hard – something I found on a bike I rode with Elixer 5s.

Very good bike for the money. Needed a lot of assembling out of the box so I took it to local place for piece of mind and to avoid that issue when trying to get warranty for a mail order bike and they say “you put it together wrong”.

And no, I didn’t go into debt to buy it. Though I do have a nice Dan Armstrong Plexiglass guitar for sale now if anyone is interested!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’ve had mine (mk1) at Glentress and felt it just neutralised the trail a bit too much. Innerleithen on the other hand 😮 scary fast!! Still like mine very much and pondering the multitude of bikes I have its the one that has the surest berth.

peasant, that looks ace, wasn’t too sure about the swoopy downtube from the stock images but it does look good set up like that. Is that a 150 Pike?

peasant
    Free Member

yokaiser no it is a 140 pike and it feels right ie no front end lift on climbs, so far so good 🙂

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Are they any good?

campfreddie
    Free Member

Well my Mamasita frame arrived today. It looks great. Come in slightly under weight at 1,700g on the nose (for a size large).

Can’t wait to get it built up now.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘PSA Bargain 1/2 price Salsa Horsethief’ is closed to new replies.