Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • PSA – Anyone after a Five frame?
  • granny_ring

18″ in Maxle and more sizes with the qr rear end

HERE

althepal

Nice.

Bregante

Makes it £910 at today’s exchange rate. 😯

DT78
    Free Member

Bargain. They sold a couple of alpines off last year for similar prices.

Matt24k
    Free Member

It looks like they are in France so no worries about import duty etc.
    The frames are 2011 which is a good thing as they are exactly the same as 2012 other than they have the RP23 (non Kashima) instead of the lower spec Evolution RL currently fitted.
    There is also a UK phone number so could be worth a ring to check things out re warranty and delivery before hitting the order button.

hora
    Free Member

Makes you wonder what the cost price is doesn’t it.

bol

Everything has a cost price. If you’re unhappy with the sale price compared to the cost price why not make it yourself? Even charities have to break even.

Rickos
    Free Member

Ridiculously good value. Especially with the Maxle.

hora
    Free Member

Everything has a cost price. If you’re unhappy with the sale price compared to the cost price why not make it yourself? Even charities have to break even.

Aye and the market will only support the price you ask for. I don’t get why mountain bike frames are so darn expensive.

binners

Because fat, middle-aged blokes, with more money than sense, will continue to buy them to try and compensate for their lack of skill and fitness. That’s why

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

It’s so unfair that other people other than me are making money.

hora
    Free Member

Why? No one is begrudging Orange.

granny_ring

Anyone bought one then?

si-wilson
    Free Member

Makes you wonder what the cost price is doesn’t it.

I’ll wager its not as low as you think.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Part of the reason they are so cheap is that they are 2011 stock held in France.
    Let a middle aged, not fat bloke with more sense than money, that owns a Five, explain it to Binners.
    The stock would probably have been purchased in 2011 when the Euro was almost at parity with Sterling. Now the Euro is closer to 1.20, giving the current Sterling purchaser an approximate 20% discount due to currency fluctuations.
    Factor in a discount as the seller wants to shift last years stock and there you are back at the current UK retail.
    All manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers have to make a profit as that’s how wages get paid. The clever trick that Orange have is that they also sell direct and maybe take the retailers margin too. They may actually pay a percentage to the nearest retailer to the purchaser. I don’t know that for a fact but it is not unusual when manufacturers/wholesalers direct sell. However, most retailers offer incentives to purchase such as 0% finance, freebies or % cash discount so it may be better for us not to buy direct.

skywalker
    Free Member

Because fat, middle-aged blokes, with more money than sense, will continue to buy them to try and compensate for their lack of skill and fitness. That’s why

So anyone who rides a 140mm bike is fat, middle aged, unskilled, unfit, and has more money than sense.

Do you by any chance ride a fully rigid single speed, resemble a bean pole, are over the hill, think you are fast, and have no cash to spare so you own an On One?

granny_ring

LOL

timc
    Free Member

skywalker – Member
    So anyone who rides a 140mm bike is fat, middle aged, unskilled, unfit, and has more money than sense.

Do you by any chance ride a fully rigid single speed, resemble a bean pole, are over the hill, think you are fast, and have no cash to spare so you own an On One?

well put 😛

Bregante

skywalker – Member

well put

Describes him to a tee! 😉

binners

Skywalker – the sarcasm filter was switched off. Sorry. I was referring to myself. I ride an Intense 5.5, which I lovingly refer too as my skill compensator. A bike that I will never get anywhere near the limits of what it was designed for. I’m partial to irrational and unnecessary bling purchases, and am a marketing departments wet dream (though not as much as Hora, obviously).

Beanpole? Fast? I am a right fat unhealthy git. I’m always bringing up the rear, and I fall off a lot.

Matt24k
    Free Member

From what I can tell, if Hora is a marketing departments wet dream then he must be the returns departments worst night mare.

hora
    Free Member

They have a pic of me dressed in body armour on their desks of course

skywalker
    Free Member

Thats a woman ^ I always thought you were a bloke!

godzilla
    Free Member

Thats a woman bumble bee ^ I always thought you were a bloke!
    Cheers for the heads up on the frame guys, hopefully i can re train the whippet to chase a red bike.

hora
    Free Member

No Im really a Crossexual. A sort of none-transgender transexual 😯

binners

He’s trisexual. He’ll try anything 😆

MussEd
    Free Member

That pic appears to confirm Michael mcintyre’s sister is an MTBer? Well I never…

skywalker
    Free Member

They sold out already

Matt24k
    Free Member

Scrub that

zangolin
    Free Member

Picture = Cecilie Hoffman a Business Architect from Mountain View, California.

granny_ring

There’s still red qr rear left, the blue’s also sold out.

godzilla
    Free Member

Is that realy the enigma that’s Hora?
    Now that i have some Halifax hater bait on the way do i have to get a belly ride slowly 😀

grantway
    Free Member

There selling the 5 in Plasma blue for £985.96p

Plasma Blue 5

hora
    Free Member

Most of the 5 owners I’ve met actually do the 5 justice! That I will admit.

Junkyard
    Free Member

thanks, yours 5 owner you have met.

wors

he said ‘most’ johnny 🙂

takisawa2

Hora, my lad had a Transformer for Xmas that looks like you. You don’t turn into a sports car do you…

And that On-One analogy up there is me to a tee, (except for the bean pole bit). 🙂

godzilla
    Free Member

Frame Turned up today! looks ace in red, thanks again for the heads up.

granny_ring

Your welcome, it’s nice to return the PSA favor 🙂

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Anyone after a Five frame?’ is closed to new replies.