Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • PSA: Amazon Prime Users – It's Prime Day.
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Today is the day Amazon use some of that money that save from their interesting tax arrangements, and give Prime users a couple of quid of their Chinese built tat.

For example:

Fire TV Stick Streaming Media Player £19.99 (was £35)
    Fire Tablet £34.99 (Was £50)
    £30 off Kindle Paperwhite etc
    Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones £39, down from £80.
    Plus deals on loads of other stuff: Amazon.

toby1

Or it’s a day to win additional subscribers with loss leading deals on stuff you don’t want/need! But I work in retail, so shop away people, spend spend spend!

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I couldn’t see much in their Prime cycling section.. apparently you can get an extra 20% off Warehouse deals (Stuff with the box opened but unused) today..

There’s a few cycling items in odd sizes here or you can buy a £30 gift card and get a £5 back.. but yeah seems to be mainly hype, no real bargains as of yet..

craigxxl
    Free Member

Current bargains include

Leatherman Skeletool currently on at £39.99

Makita DLX6017PM Cordless Li-ion Kit, 6 pc. £503.20

I’m waiting on a few others to come up yet

frogstomp

Go Hero Session with 32GB card and remote for £169

Don’t forget you only have to sign up for a month (£7.99) not a whole year to get the ‘deals’.

alibongo001

I think you can just do the free trial of Prime to get the deals and not even have to pay out the £7.99

frogstomp

Yup, but only if you’ve not had a trial on that account previously.

STATO
    Free Member

I think you can just do the free trial of Prime to get the deals and not even have to pay out the £7.99

Also worth remembering to set up a ‘household’ account so only one person in the house pays for Prime but both get access to it.

GoPro session warehouse £145 +20% off, the remote included offer for £170 is possibly better tho.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I am living the dream and just bought one of these for £55:

Don’t forget to use camelcamelcamel to make sure you actually are getting a good deal.

Or it’s a day to win additional subscribers with loss leading deals on stuff you don’t want/need! But I work in retail, so shop away people, spend spend spend!

Not sure you need to work in retail to have such laser guided insight.

iainc

Wife just bought a Play Station and Chromebook for our 2 boys Christmas pressies – seemed to save over £100 between the 2 items, so pretty decent

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Free £10 at Amazon if you sign up for a 3 month trial at Audible, which you can then cancel. So basically, sign up to free trials of Prime and Audible, spend the tenner and then cancel both once it’s dispatched, and you get free stuff.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Bought a Fire Stick last week. Doh!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Some camping pots, an electric coolbox, and a gigabit switch so far 🙂

pocpoc
    Free Member

Dammit.
    Bought a Garmin Vivoactive last month for £145.
    Now on there for £99 🙁

NZCol

Li-Ion strimmer as my petrol one is dead and before that was like wrestling a demented octopus to start it. hateful thing. 85 quid from 180

cloudnine
    Free Member

If you’ve bought something in the last 30 days and its now cheaper.. get on the live chat to Amazon and ask them to refund the difference.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ve bought a few little bits that I’ve been looking at a for while saving around 35% off their normally prices.
    The one thing I did need is 100% sold out within a few minutes 👿

monde
    Free Member

Cheers for that. Couple of bottles of whisky at 40% off! Some Talisker and Aberlour coming up later.

DrP

got some sugru…
    I’m half tempted by teh jbl charge 2 for £69.

I’ MUST stop buying portable speakers!!

DrP

jimdubleyou

already posted…

headfirst
    Free Member

2 Fire Sticks so my daughters can watch prime and netflix on tellies rather than laptops in their digs.

And for myself an early christmas present, a vivoactive watch, cheers for the headsup pocpoc! 😀

ste_t
    Free Member

Currently out of work so Guitar hero live + guitar for £15 should keep me occupied for a little while

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Garmin Fenix 3 (Non-HRM) – £229. The lowest it’s been is £266.

Garmin 920XT (HRM) £239. The lowest it’s been is £256.

nedrapier

NZcol – the B&D 36v one? Looking at that now. slightly put off by the reviews about the bearings and lack of support.

trickydisco
    Free Member

If you’ve bought something in the last 30 days and its now cheaper.. get on the live chat to Amazon and ask them to refund the difference

excellent. thanks for this. Just got £25 refund as i ordered a fire tv last week

NZCol

Nedrapier – yep I thought on balance for the money it looked OK

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking those Lidl bluetooth speed/cadence sensors don’t work with Garmins, besides perhaps the 1000?

Or does anyone know if there are rock solid brackets available anywhere for mounting my Nexus7 (which works with the sensor) onto my Wazoo’s frame/bar?

nedrapier

yep. I might take the plunge, currently in the basket.

But we’re in the market for a long reach hedge trimmer as well, and the combi jobs are on the list. Might be cheaper to get them as separately though.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Some Vango tents going very cheaply indeed. An Odyssey 500 for 138 quid. I really don’t need it but i’m quite tempted to pick one up as a cheap weekend tent to compliment the big tent.

DrP

But we’re in the market for a long reach hedge trimmer as well, and the combi jobs are on the list. Might be cheaper to get them as separately though.

Lidl has petrol 4 in 1 jobbie for £120..

TBH, I’m loving the electric cordless stuff.
    Cordless strimmer, cordless hedge trimmer – easy and clean!

DrP

nedrapier

going to need a petrol jobbie for the hedge.

Think I’ll get this strimmer though. Corded would be a right pain, battery should last for the edges we’ve got.

NZCol

I have a petrol 5 in 1 and its so firkin heavy for anything above shoulder height I last about 10 minutes before I am rooted.

househusband

Bottle of Chivas Regal and a 16GB Fire Tablet… only going for the latter as the well-used Hudl2 is on the way out as the battery is expiring.

nedrapier

gonandunit. cheers Col and P.

Think I’ll hit the ‘bay for a used petrol hedge trimmer with a strap.

Drac

going to need a petrol jobbie for the hedge.

Screwfix £99 for the petrol strimmer that has a hedge fitting too.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Anyone else manage to grab much on the free £10 offer? Got some camping gear and gadget stuff I prob don’t really need, but hey, it’s free..

“Apparently” if you set up multiple accounts (using different cards) then you can get more than one £10 voucher.. just cancel the Audible and Prime memberships after they’ve shipped, free stuff!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Some Tacx Rollers down to 100 quid.

nedrapier

Cheers drac, Ordered the strimmer for delivery when the wife’s wfh on Friday, so I might be able to cancel.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Amazon Prime Users – It's Prime Day.’ is closed to new replies.