Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • PSA – ALDI Thursday Special Buys 27th September
  • ski
    Free Member

Aptly timed winter cycling clobber and the merino shirt returns…

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week39Thursday12.htm

patriotpro
    Free Member

nice one

tthew

I looked at the merino shirt, but kind of discounted it as it’s only 30%. Should I reconsider my opinion?

officialtob
    Free Member

Is this Aldi stuff any good? I plan on kitting myself out for a whole winters commuting…but was wondering what everyone else’s experience of the Aldi stuff was like? 🙂

Muke
    Free Member
    trail_rat
    Free Member

The trews are great if your short and fat.

I used it when i was at uni but to fit 34 inch inside leg round the waist was big enough i disnt need a pannier rack just stuffed my bag in there to ensure they stayed up. The garments have serious sizing issues

Overshoes , arm and leg warmers all great and im yet to find gloves as good as theirs !

cynic-al
    Free Member

the stuff I’ve tried is good value but not great kit in terms of cut/materials – that said I’ve previously bought decent stuff (not rapha or anything) and am happy to spend on it for the comfort.

MoreCashThanDash

The legwear is a funny size – or maybe they are right and it’s me that’s a funny size 😕

The winter gloves are great, work well down to just below freezing, go a size up and put cheap inners in for below that. The socks are a good fit and last, the tops are not the best cut or the trendiest design, but cheap and functional and work fine, especially for day in, day out commuting

cynic-al
    Free Member

yes socks are very good. I found the cut of the jackets a bit pot belly for me.

chakaping
    Free Member

The winter jerseys are really good.

All the jerseys did seem to have quite shallow pockets though, making it a bit dicey carrying a pump in there (ie. on road bike).

The socks last very well but the material is really irritating on the tops of my feet. My fault for having hairy hobbit feet perhaps.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’ve an older merino shirt and its been great, very warm though, winter only. Not sure of the % either. The socks are great too and the gloves. I agree with the trouser/tights, really weird sizing. Same applies to the lycra shorts in the summer and even if they do fit the pad is atrocious. And the skull cap was mahoosive as well.

trail_rat
    Free Member

After visting for shopping tonight Their sirloin steaks could make me fit their trousers …….

Bazz

Winter jackets are ace, the first one i bought is still going after two winters, and i have two spare so it should keep me covered for a while. Socks are decent as well, can’t comment on the rest as i haven’t used them.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Might but the light set just for the front mount for a XML tourch off ebay.

jota180
    Free Member

If the base layers are the same as previous years they’re very good indeed

Edric64
    Free Member

The rubber that holds the torch on is feeble And the clothing only goes to about a 44 inch chest which is a shame

Junkyard
    Free Member

i use it and find i to be as good as other biking kit – zip broke on one jacket pocket but no issues with any other kit and some of it is 4 years old
    You wont get anything better for the price and would have to pay a lot to get better
    My stealth jacket is better than the Aldi one [ not enough to justify the price difference] but i dont like to get it muddy 😳

Jamie
    Free Member

You want to get an Aldi jacket to go over your Stealth, Junkyard.

Keep it clean, like…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘PSA – ALDI Thursday Special Buys 27th September’ is closed to new replies.