• This topic has 20 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • PSA Aldi cheap "winter kit"
  • cakefacesmallblock
    andyl
    Free Member

The tool kit is excellent for £20 and now upgraded with external BB tooles.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_26735.htm

RustySpanner

More socks for me, maybe another hi-viz waterproof jacket.

The winter fleecy jackets are usually superb – but I’ve already got 3 so prorobably won’t bother with those. 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Like the look of those reflective spoke things …. Any cope ?

MoreCashThanDash

Need to stock up on socks, last pair from two years ago has just about died

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmm. Just wondering if the Gore Phantom jacket I just ordered is really going to be 5 times better than the Aldi Winter Jacket.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Nope because my Endura Stealth is not [ it is better though]

It is superb stuff for the money IME

Tempted by the tights which claim to be waterproof.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I got some of those spoke reflectors from Halfords – same sort of money too, I think. They work well. Might just pop by tomorrow lunchtime and have a rifle through their clothing… 😕 not that I need anything of course… Thanks for the headsup, OP.

cakefacesmallblock

I don’t think the kit is in the shops til next thursday !

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its next thursday not this Thursday

trail_rat
    Free Member

No they dont junkyard just watter reppelent

Junkyard
    Free Member

In the store mag they use the same symbol for both and I failed to read the teeny weany writing

Scrub that then and Ta

dawson

I can see me getting a few bits – if there is anything left when I get there

I tried one of the winter cycling tops last year, but the first time I tried it on I found the zip was crap, so had to take it back and they didn’t have any left in my size

@gonetothehills – if you go tomorrow you’ll have a long wait 😉 – I think its next week.

mikey74
    Free Member

Are the Aldi softshell/jackets windproof and breathable? This is often what lets the cheaper stuff down.

cp

Hmm. Just wondering if the Gore Phantom jacket I just ordered is really going to be 5 times better than the Aldi Winter Jacket

It will be infinitely better if it fits you – my experience of the Aldi jackets is that they’re a little lacking in fit – too tight across the shoulders and not enough arm length.

maxray
    Free Member

Mikey74 been using an Aldi crane sports waterproof jacket for about 4years and it’s been bang on. .. it may not be as breathable as expensive fabrics but you just layer a bit less to compensate.

mikey74
    Free Member

too tight across the shoulders and not enough arm length.

Not good for me then, as I have a narrow waist and a broad chest and shoulders.

Mikey74 been using an Aldi crane sports waterproof jacket for about 4years and it’s been bang on. .. it may not be as breathable as expensive fabrics but you just layer a bit less to compensate.

Really? Shame, I too have just ordered a Phantom 2, although I only paid £89 for it.

float
    Free Member

anyone have any thoughts on that two tier bike rack thing?

fasthaggis

You can’t go wrong for that money.

Perfect for Winter commuting,and you don’t have to worry too much if it gets a bit trashed.

Jamie
    Free Member

Really? Shame, I too have just ordered a Phantom 2, although I only paid £89 for it.

Mine cost me £66, and I’m still going to check out the Aldi one, before deciding whether to keep it. I used to have a Crane winter jacket and it was awesome. Only reason I got the Phantom was the last lot of Aldi jackets looked like they were from Soviet Union circa 1983….and the fit was a little off. The design/colours looks better this time round, and hopefully the fit is improved as well.

One thing I can say off the bat, is the front zip on my 2/3yr old Aldi jacket is better than on the Phantom 2 that just turned up.

Edit: Oh, and I do hope gonetothehills hasn’t gone to Aldi today 😀

Muke
    Free Member

If your desperate for an item Lidl put their stock out for sale the night before, normally a couple of hours before closing time, not sure if Aldi do the same.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘PSA Aldi cheap "winter kit"’ is closed to new replies.