Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Proud dad moment no. 613. His first tankslapper!
  • hughjayteens
    Free Member

4 year old Charlie having some fun on his CNOC16.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1BcRgDE42U&hd=1[/video]

Vmax down a hill over a speedbump – think he catches it quite well!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Who was more scared.? You or him.? 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

You are braver dad than me to have let him do that at that speed.

chiefgrooveguru

Attack position! 😉

scaredypants

splendid !

my daughter’s first ended up safely at the bottom of a gravelly hill, followed by coming off & skinning herself on a flat straight road a minute later

(you stayed very quiet on the camera – and he shut up a bit too, didn’t he !?) 😆

montylikesbeer

top draw

rOcKeTdOg

tut, where is his STW issue stormtrooper outfit?

Conan257
    Free Member

I hope you brought him a spare pair of pants…

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Ha ha! He’s a bit of a speed demon and does have very good balance on the bike so happy for him to go as fast as he likes within reason. He’d spent the previous 15 minutes practicing skids so knows how to brake well.

I did go quiet when he got the tankslapper but he want back up and did it again so didn’t scare himself too much.

stumpyjon

Excellent, been through the same thing today as my youngest has gone from stabilizers to pedalling as fast as he can unassisted in about an hour. Trying to drum into him you use your brakes not the tips of his shoes to stop. The brakeless trikes he rode at nursery has a lot to answer for! Pretty impressed with his balance though, his sister stayed wobbly for months after first ditching the stabilizers.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂

brakes
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mintimperial

Whoop! Well held that boy.

My 4yo did just that in North Wales in April, except his ended up with a supracondylar fracture of the humerus (broken elbow to me and you). It was not a fun experience, especially as NHS Wales appear to be stuck in the early 90s and took over eight hours to patch him up.

He’s not gone anywhere near as fast since, mostly because I won’t let him pick up speed until he’s got the hang of using his brakes properly. 😕

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I must admit I have been perusing mini armour today – at least gloves, knee and elbow pads.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Somehow it ended up as a ‘trending video’ on YouTube and has 1800 hits in 2 days complete with some very bizarre comments!

kimbers

your lad has mad skillz!

future danny hart i reckon

hoodie
    Free Member

It’s great the way he recovers it and then pedals on looking left at the views etc….gd skillz

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Wifey has just told me that his bars came loose today while he was riding down some steps – don’t want to think about how much trouble I’d have been in if they’d gone on that run!!

althepal

Thought there was a sticky door opening at first there!

tinsy
    Free Member

Great. nice save.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

althepal – Member

Thought there was a sticky door opening at first there!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Good Skillz!
    Looks like Newstead Abbey to me??

hughjayteens
    Free Member

goldenwonder – Member

Good Skillz!
    Looks like Newstead Abbey to me??

Nope, just on a lane near where I live.

ittaika
    Free Member

nicely caught that man!

watching your kid ride like that makes for a real mix of feelings – exciting but terrifying!

theflatboy
    Free Member

great effort, superb save!

hughjayteens
    Free Member

This was him when he was two on a balance bike – he did have quite a nasty off shortly after where he didn’t quite make it up one of the jumps, and rolled back down before smashing backwards into the deck.

[video]http://vimeo.com/16906700[/video]

He’s a tough little cookie but I felt awful running to try and catch him and not making it.

I always pick him up with a ‘great crash!’ rather than shrieking and asking if he’s hurt – he’s seen enough YouTube clips of Danny Mac and co to know that even the best get it wrong sometimes!

tinsy
    Free Member
    hughjayteens
    Free Member

tinsy – Member

My Jim, is always scuffed up, I cant catch him all the time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N1Vm6kvE7U
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI2mj9xycGk&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Great clips! My son cut his teeth on a Hotwalk. Very stable geometry!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Proud dad moment no. 613. His first tankslapper!’ is closed to new replies.