Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Prophet and fork crowns
  • Rickos
    Free Member

When I first got my Prophet it came without the big bottom race spacer for the headset, but in a crash the top caps of my old Pikes could get knocked off. I want to go back to the non-spacer headset but wondered what forks are likely to be able to spin without smacking on the downtube. Any other Prophet owners do this? I'm thinking Fox Float R as they don't have too much in the way of knobs on top.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Do you have the 1.5" to 1 1/8 reducers to run "normal headsets" rickos? if so (if mine aren't when i get round to having a look) can i buy em off you please?

Rickos
    Free Member

Mine will be the same as yours – I still have the OE ones. I bought the spacer to go on the bottom of the headset after a crash bent the Motion Control adjuster but I preferred the way it rode before without the spacer. The spacer has the slot in it already for the bearing race to slot into, so no need for a separate bottom housing. You should be OK with what you've got if you only want to replace the bearings.

Anyway, back on topic…anyone? *hopes Ben is reading this as it looks like he doesn't use the spacer*

Ben_Haworth

Hello 🙂

I run my Prophet with a zero-stack internal reducer Hope headset.. Fox fork adjusters do hit the down tube cable guide but they seem to have survived so far..

DustyLilac
    Free Member

I'm running 36 Float R's, but with a 'normal' headset, fsa orbit extreme pro, the top caps just clear the cable guide. Its bottom cup is not as tall as the Cannondale spacer (I've got that on my Gemini)

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Lefty max?

*runs away*

z1ppy

what ya problem with the lefty max eh eh?

S'not my garden! (or grundies[?] hanging up…)
    Will probably buy some 150 Rev's when they start coming out at a reasonable price (pikes are overkill for the mtn-ous midlands)

Rickos
    Free Member

Cheers Ben and Dusty – I may well have to compromise and have some stack height at the bottom of the headtube for clearance. Either that of a gert big chunk of pipe lagging gaffer taped on to top end of the downtube!

ADH – why I outta… *shakes fist*

lovewookie

I ran my prophet with an FSA orbit XL2 and flush fitting reducer cups without problem.

I imagine running them with a zero stack headset would cause problems though.

Lefty max's never quite lived up to expectaions IME.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Prophet and fork crowns’ is closed to new replies.