Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Project Africa
  • palmer77
    Free Member

Hey,

So my brother in law lives volunteers in Sierra Leone and is visiting the UK this summer. He is after a bike to take back for general use, and to cycle around the peninsular. I have a frame and some wheels but am after some components to complete a build for him. This is on a slim budget and the components need to be fairly robust as there aren’t really any LBS out there, and they have a lot of sand 🙂 If you have any components surplus to requirements it would be much appreciated to be able to procure these at a reasonable price. I am after the following:

Bottom Bracket
    Brake (Front)
    Brake (Rear)
    Cassette
    Chainset
    Forks
    Handlebar
    Headset
    Mech (Front)
    Mech (Rear)
    Seat
    Stem

kaesae
    Free Member

Hello

I have some stuff lying around that I don’t really need any more but have been too busy to sell.

2007 Hope mono mini brake rear £45 front slx £40, I also have a set of manitou black something forks 100 to 130 mm travel, there is a slight oil leak from the non disc side, but i’ve used them for over a year and it’s not a huge amount £60, I also have some 2006 rockshock pike 426 forks for sale £120, there a bit scruffy but work great.

As for the rest of the bits you need I might have something lying around in my spares boxes.

email me if you’re interested and we can have a chat 😀

Remember postage costs as well

Junkyard
    Free Member

BB – external only
    Handlebars OS or normal mid rise
    Front mech – not sure of pull
    May have some rigid 1/18 forks but not 100% certain
    Free and I will even cover the postage

Dont have any pf the other bits sorry

palmer77
    Free Member

Junkyard, let me know what you want for those, and I will sort you out. If you have ridged forks I think it will be favourable over suspension, the sand storms over there are a killer!

palmer77
    Free Member

Hey,

I have had a number of responses so thanks to you all.

kaesae – Thanks but the frame is v brakes only, and I have decided on a ridgid fork due to the sand storms.

Junkyard – The frame is top pull for the front mech so if you have one of these that’ll be great. I am hoping to get some project ii’s of a friends bike so these should go on, if you have a bottom bracket that be awesome.

Currently just after some v brakes, rear mech, shifters and chain set. If anyone has a double for external bottom bracket that will be great.

Thanks very much, Ben

palmer77
    Free Member

Hey,

Thanks for all of the help so far. I am still after the following so if you have any which would be suitable let me know.

Thanks, Ben

Brake (Front)
    Brake (Rear)
    Cassette
    Mech (Front)
    Mech (Rear)

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey.

I have some mechs and stuff lying around, what seat post tube diameter do you need?

Yetiman
    Free Member

I have a 9 speed 32t cassette you can have (can’t remember if it’s Shimano or Sram). It’s the older steel spider version but I doubt that will be an issue and it’s in as new condition.

palmer77
    Free Member

Hello,

Quick update. Thanks to some helpful people on here I now have most needed items. Currently just looking for a front mech, and v-brakes. I will check the post diameter on Saturday but believe it to wider rather than narrow.

Thanks, Ben

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Project Africa’ is closed to new replies.