Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Product designer / engineer required – v.ep only please
  • mrkool
    Free Member

Hi all

I may have a business opportunity for somebody out there. I have designed and prototyped a revolutionary new product for both road and mountain bikes. Patent applications have been filed, legally we’re good to go.

My friend, technical consultant and business partner-to-be was unfortunately killed in a motorcycle accident in Italy one month ago, leaving the ship somewhat rudderless in terms of technical engineering knowledge; I am only a designer, and we have still some way to go.

I would really like to hear from talented, experienced product designers or engineers (or just talented if you think you’re that good). Location is not an issue for me, if you’re the right person for the job, its no problem. If you would care to send your portfolios or cv/resume to me I will be happy to answer any questions – within reason – you may have.

I’d like to hear from those with 3d modelling, Solidworks or at least working in STEP format. Knowledge of CNC, forging and working with Aluminium. Any FEA and stress testing exp would be a bonus too.

This is a genuine opportunity to work on a new product, and as we are still in only 2nd or 3rd stage of development I really can’t say any more. I will contact those I like with at the least a Non Disclosure & Confidentiality Agreement to be signed before I can give any specific details.

many thanks all – mail in profile or leave yours in the thread
    G

donsimon
    Free Member

Who do I send my money to?

richmars

Is this a full time role, or something that can be done evenings/weekends?
    Product design in what area? Consumer? Industrial?
    What sort of skills? Mouldings? metal?

Sorry for the questions but may help find the right person.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    squiff
    Free Member

I am a graphic designer with experience in product packaging and logo design, that’s if you need someone to design some packaging for your product to hang/display in stores etc and a eye catching logo etc. Been a designer for 10 years now so know a few things.
    Cheers
    simon

andyl
    Free Member

Need more info as above.

Sorry to hear about your friend too.

EDIT: was that bit about FEA etc there before? Is it just likely to be aluminium or any other materials? Mechanisms etc?

Macavity
    Free Member

Please say that this is not you

BikeandBaconButty
    Free Member

Hahaha, wheel discs!!

I use Autodesk Inventor and work for an aluminium fabricator as a design and development engineer. I’m also a bike nut.

No CV prepared I’m afraid, but I’m up for helping create something good for the MTB world!

richmars

Are you expecting applicants to have their own licensed copy of Solidworks or will you provide this?

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

actually… seriously…. a guy on my office floor (different firm) designs bits and bobs for a german engineering firm that work for a few F1 teams…. he is also a very keen cyclist with a number of his own bits on bikes and I think frames.

I will send him your link.

nickjb
    Free Member

I’m a freelance Design Engineer. I usually work on bespoke interactives for exhibitions but I have a long history of product design and engineering from motorsport to vacuum cleaners. I’m a keen biker and always interested in interesting projects. I’m used to working under NDAs so that’s no problem. Drop me a line and we can talk further. More here http://www.w19design.co.uk/nick-banks-portfolio/

mrkool
    Free Member

Hi all,

yes i edited the post having left out the important bit. Well, one of them.

Materials are aluminium, exp of cnc and forging likely required.

My ex-colleague was doing this in his own time, but given it is only one product at present we were moving quite quickly. I think once i’ve made contact with the right person it would continue that way, the principles are correct, prototypes work, its now about losing weight, styling, etc then software and real world testing. I’ve the branding, product and graphics in hand.

No that is not me reinventing the wheel!!! haha.

BTW everyone here, thanks, check the lot out on Bikeradar slagging me off. I’m a one man band at the mo, with a good idea an improvement on current designs (14 other patents lodged for this product, but none on the market and all a lot more complex and weird) and i owe it to me and him to see it through.
    ta
    G

brant
    Free Member

My ex-colleague was doing this in his own time, but given it is only one product at present we were moving quite quickly. I think once i’ve made contact with the right person it would continue that way, the principles are correct, prototypes work, its now about losing weight, styling, etc then software and real world testing. I’ve the branding, product and graphics in hand.

How you going to sell it?

clubber
    Free Member

which dragon are you, brant?

toys19
    Free Member

Mr Kool, I work in this field all the time, I have a colleague who may be able to help. Email in profile.

thepodge
    Free Member

Your email isn’t in your profile.

Makes it a bit difficult to get hold of you.

damo2576
    Free Member

If you have strong IP and have not missed PCT window I may be interested.

I’ve experience in my team taking ideas through patent, design (inc dfm, Rhino/Solidworks), raising funding (>250k), complete outsourced end to end manufacture and to market.

If you’re serious let me know and I’ll get in touch. Happy to sign NDA etc.

p.s. Brant got close to hitting the nail on the head, you don’t really need a designer, you need someone who can manage the complete process to market.

Conespanner

Hi Mr Kool,

I have a CV for you but I can’t see your mail address in your profile?

conespannerATgmailDOTCom

mysterymove
    Free Member

Like wise have a CV for you, sounds kinda interesting – no e-mail address…
    but you can get me on
    benATmysterymoveDOTcom

Cheers Ben

mrkool
    Free Member

Hi all,

i’m replying to emails today, thanks for those who did. Much appreciated, and those addresses in the thread too.

@brant – i’ve missed the trade shows this year. Struggling to get meaningful info on the size of the components market, would prefer to manufacture but need to understand more about the licenced market.

G

Solo
    Free Member

Yeah.

I see no e-mail address in MrKool’s profile.

***Wonders how organised this guy really is***

AlexSimon

i’ve missed the trade shows this year

http://www.eurobike-show.com ?

brant
    Free Member

Struggling to get meaningful info on the size of the components market, would prefer to manufacture but need to understand more about the licenced market.

Email me if you want me to have a look. I don’t sign NDA’s as I can’t be arsed and never ever have.

damo2576
    Free Member

Mr Kool, where is your email address?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Product designer / engineer required – v.ep only please’ is closed to new replies.