Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • Problems with my mate's wife
  • bomberman
    Free Member

I've known my friend for almost 15 years. A few years back this friend met some canadian underwear model and they've been married now for almost a year. I wasn't around much when they first met because i was at uni in a different city, but when i got back to my home town i got very ill and spent a lot of time in hospital and my mate would come and visit. What i can't understand is when i first met his wife she was nice as pie, i think she felt sorry for me because i was quite skinny when i left hospital and whenever i went round to the house she would cook me a full english etc etc. But then after this and since i've recovered she's been very off and on with me as though she feels uncomfortable being around me and anxious. she does a lot of coke, so this may have something to do with her mood swings. I don't see my friend all that often now but we keep in touch and he recently broke his neck. When i went round to see him at their house she was acting very weird and i could tell she was visibly stressed out and uncomfortable with me being there, so i didn't go to the house again. my mate recently had his metalwork removed and i met him up at his parents house and we were all sat outside having a barbecue including his wife and she was ok with me and even invited me to her birthday party which i thought was a little strange at the time. The next time i saw my friend was at a local festival. we all got wasted and had a great time and slept in our cars in the field and in the morning i ventured over to see how my friends were doing. I'm not kidding you she was a complete cow. She told me i should've stayed in Thailand, asked me why i don't just go away, told me "i'm bugging her" (imagine a canadian accent. the thought of her voice just repulses me). She just couldn't stand me being there! when i told her that wasn't a very nice thing to say her reply was simply "yeah well that's me… i'm a bitch". She then waited until i got out of the car and locked the doors so i couldn't get back in! when i knocked on the window she never even looked at me, just ignored me completely. It was cold and there was nobody to talk to so i just got in my car and drove home, feeling like a bit of a dick.

I'd met loads of people at the festival (who all thought i was the dog's bollocks)and had a great time but wasn't expecting it to end like that!

since then my friend has asked me on facebook why i disappeared in the morning and i told him his wife locked me out of the car and was rude, for which i got some serious abuse from his wife, not only on facebook but at work in the form of text messages calling me immature and un-inviting me to her birthday party. Like i want to go celebrate the day SHE was born! when i thought the abuse had stopped i get another text the next afternoon wanting me to continue the argument! Why, one minute, is she telling me i'm bugging her and to go away and the next minute can't leave me alone by text? It makes no sense whatsoever.

God knows what my friend thinks of all this. I have now been officially "facebook dumped" by his wife, and i'll probably never see him again!

my plan is to do nothing at all. Is this a good plan? what would you do in my shoes?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bunny boiler full of coke? – run away.

peajay

She wants your bod!

NZCol

crazy nutjob who wants to play games. Avoid.

bomberman
    Free Member

part of me agrees with you both:

1) maybe she wants me
    2) coke damages the brain

iDave
    Free Member

epic thread ahead……

Philby

Canadian underwear model – this thread is no good without pictrues 😉

Spey-Stout
    Free Member

Your poor mate, married to that. How'd he break his neck? Suicide attempt?

bomberman
    Free Member

probably!

JAM29er
    Free Member

I'd met loads of people at the festival (who all thought i was the dog's bollocks)

Sounds like she's not the only one doing loads of coke.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

My mate's Canadian girlfriend hates me too, we should form a support group.

She's not an underwear model though, she's a social worker which you'll probably agree is marginally less sexy.

Anyway, either:

1) She hates you because she's an utter cokehead
    2) She acts like she hates you because she fancies you
    and gets off on the conflict

In conclusion, you should definitely try and nail this bolshy mountain yank.

Either 2) proves to be correct in which case you get to have manic coke fuelled sex with a Canadian underwear model.

or…

1) In which case, what do you care? She hates you anyway.

rOcKeTdOg

I was expecting the end to be "can I please deposit funds in your account. Send details etc etc" like a spam email

What you really want is advice from FATSIMON

TooTall
    Free Member

You have as many issues as she does.

Ti29er
    Free Member

(who all thought i was the dog's bollocks)

Here's your answer.
    YOu see what you want to see & not what others actually see.
    Perhaps have a heart to heart with your friend and clear the air? Wives recently arrived on the scene can indeed be a little jealous of established bloke friendships without really meaning to act strangely, but really, what does it matter to you, besides, why waste any time with druggies?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Had you done a line just before you sat down to write it? It kinda sounds like it TBH.

She does a lot of coke

we all got wasted

(who all thought i was the dog's bollocks)

Maybe go to a meeting?

stratobiker
    Free Member

You fancy her don't you? Admit it! 😈

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Sounds like she's not the only one doing loads of coke.

+1

johnners
    Free Member

I'd met loads of people at the festival (who all thought i was the dog's bollocks

Priceless! I think you're the dog's bollocks too. In a whiny, needy self-absorbed sort of way.

grittyshaker
    Free Member

Drug takers in unusual behaviour shocker.

Drac

Hope she never visits this area. Especially Rothbury.

LHS
    Free Member

Canadians are mental.

theotherjonv

Mumsnet ->

emma82
    Free Member

I agree with above, deffo fancies you but given she's a coke head I'd drag ur mate away from the skanky b**** sooner rather than later if I was u

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Have a heart to heart with your mate well away from her. You may walk away or you may just only see your mate when she's not around.

I've got something similar with a mate and his wife in that she obviously doesn't like either me or my wife, probably because we know him for a lot longer than her and have a very strong relationship with him. But at least she is consistent in that we know what to expect when we see her / invite them to stay (and yes she does do a lot of coke). My mate acknowledges it too so at least we understand it and can not worry about it.

At the end of the day she's got a problem with us so its her problem not ours.

loddrik
    Free Member

We need done pics of her, particularly in underwear modelling guise, to fully understand your predicament….

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

I have two points of differing perspective here really.

I'd met loads of people at the festival (who all thought i was the dog's bollocks

Plus1 to all them many who think this might just show the teensiest bit of evidence of being a wee friend of Charlie.

2. Sometimes people just don't like other people mate, and when going through life often a new 'serious' girlfriend may well curtail their man's former behaviour in an effort to get him to settle down.
    – My best mate from the age of 21 to 24 was slowly pulled away from me by his new older girlfriend who's biological clock was clearly ticking. In hindsight I can see how a young man who's principal hobies at the time were drinking smoking and hanging out in lap dancing clubs might have been not the best person to have around (see numerous Romcoms for evidence).

Finally from a psychological perspective, an attrcative and possibly succesful woman who may have always got her own way as a result of her looks may be quite selfish and unreasonable as a result. I worked as a DJ for years and went all over the place on some big contracts, the supermodel lookalikes at the swanky media parties I got booked for were always the hardest b4ll crushers I ever met and you had to sell yourself to them to get a conversation (as a result I didn't bother).

yunki
    Free Member

Where's she getting her coke from? Is it any good? How much on a half ounce? Can she get me some on tick til my giro comes or until my mate Dave sells his playstation and gives me the money that he owes me from when we were seven…?

Have you tried weeing in her shoes?

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

It's not her, it's you.

Xan
    Free Member

Pulls up a chair. Popcorn anyone???

allthepies
    Free Member

rewind….
    stop….
    play….

>underwear model

PICS!

psychle
    Free Member

is this her? (it's first image result for 'Canadian Underwear Model' 😆 )

EDIT: though… not sure about the file name? peeee.jpg??

bassspine
    Free Member

were the answers on mumsnet as funny?

plumber
    Free Member

I think the answer is in 'Canadian'

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I'd met loads of people at the festival (who all thought i was the castrated dog's bollocks)and had a great time but wasn't expecting it to end like that!

I fixed it for you.

HTTP404
    Free Member

some canadian underwear model

maybe she wants me

who all thought i was the dog's bollocks

pmsl – quite clearly you're a deluded and narcissistic individual.

hora
    Free Member

Canadian underwear model

What did the rest of the long post say?

MSP

Sounds like she tried to make an effort for the sake of her other half at the start, but your just a rather dull and self obsessed individual and she eventually gave up trying to be your friend.

hora
    Free Member

any pics?

theflatboy
    Free Member

you all do too much coke. you all have paranoid mood swings. i would advise doing less coke.

hora
    Free Member

Ah, I've found a pic of the wife

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Problems with my mate's wife’ is closed to new replies.