Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Problems for KS Pure Racing owners
  • col569
    Free Member

Contacted them regarding my broken/faulty lever and got this… was about to buy another KS drop post the other day as well. Think i will go for a joplin!

KS End of Distribution Announcement.

With regret we announce Pure Racing will cease being the exclusive distributor and service centre for all KS products as of – 19/02/13.

Despite a long relationship, having nurtured the KS height adjustable seatpost brand to one of the most popular in the UK during our tenure we are now parting company.

KS continued attempts to avoid paying for work done in upholding their “2 year manufacturer’s warranty”, we have had to absorb large losses on their behalf which is unacceptable. While this dispute continued KS restricted deliveries and spares preventing Pure Racing from offering the support we expect for our customers, it has been decided that it is time to go our own ways.

We apologise for any customers who have been left with backorders unfulfilled as KS refused to offer any delivery dates for future deliveries for the past few weeks.

Unfortunately we can only offer basic servicing for the transition period, as KS have restricted spares supply and failed to honour work done previously and is unlikely to pay for any future work. All warranty work will need to be forwarded to other service centres in Europe, until a new UK service centre is opened.

What happens now?

If you have any complaints, queries or requests please forward them to KS Taiwan or KS USA:

KS Customer Service – Yvonne – yenyue@ms49.hinet.net
    KS USA – rick@kssuspension.com.

Until KS sets up a new service centre/distributor in the UK we recommend forwarding any manufacturers warranty or service requests to other European distributors which can be found on:
    http://kssuspension.com/support/worldwide-partners/

Items returned to ourselves for warranty or service will be returned immediately.

scotroutes

Your first port-of-call is with the retailer you bought it from. They have the responsibility of getting your issues resolved under warranty/SOGA.

JPcapel
    Free Member

Very poor, appreciate heads up.

ojom
    Free Member

Edit AGAIN
    Ignore me.

scotroutes

That email is directed at the retailers. It would be illegal if the retailer refused to deal with warranty claims as it is their responsibility, not Pure Racing.

legend
    Free Member

was about to buy another KS drop post the other day as well. Think i will go for a joplin!

Think I’d still rather have the KS

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Think i will go for a joplin!

Christ, why punish yourself like that?

col569
    Free Member

Hob Nob, what would you choose? tbh they are all over priced. Looking at second hand now and joplins seem to go much cheaper than reverbs. Maybe there is reasoning for this!

legend
    Free Member

Reverb FTW. Unless I am mistake, the only reliable product CB has Ever made is still their multi-tool

honourablegeorge

col569 – Member

joplins seem to go much cheaper than reverbs. Maybe there is reasoning for this!

Joplins are the bottom of the pile, reliability wise.

My Reverb has been spot on, has a KS900 before that which gave me no troubles at all, and is still in service on a mete’s bike. Every Joplin I’ve ever seen has failed.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Pure Racing will cease being the exclusive distributor and service centre for all KS products

Ah, so this is why the latest e-mailing from Superstar has them flogging off their whole stock of KS dropper posts for half price …

munrobiker
    Free Member

What’s this? Superstar airing their dirty laundry in public? NEVER!

What happens to all those people for whom the retailer was Superstar themselves? Surely their warranty is still with Superstar and they have to honour it?

amedias
    Free Member

What happens to all those people for whom the retailer was Superstar themselves? Surely their warranty is still with Superstar and they have to honour it?

indeed, no weaseling out of it really…

scotroutes

Correct. Warranty and SOGA still apply.

rotel
    Free Member

I just contacted Superstar about a defective KS Lev and they have told me to send it back to them saying:

‘we need to have any faulty items returned for inspection under warranty’

‘If your item is found to be faulty under our warranty policy we are happy to refund postage costs please see our T+Cs for full details’

fingers crossed

thepurist

rotel – have you tried Jungle, who are now the KS distributor and actually seem to have a decent reputation for customer service?

rotel
    Free Member

thepurist – thanks I’ll get in touch with them.

rotel
    Free Member

Jungle got back to me apologised for the problem and said:

‘We can do that work for you. Please just send the post back to us here with a covering note to explain the problem. We will then inspect the post and get back to you asap and complete any warranty work required’

so far so good!

thepurist

Keep us posted rotel! BTW what’s the problem with it?

chvck
    Free Member

I returned my KS Lev to Superstar on warranty and they passed it on to the service centre (Jungle?) no worries. The service centre did then reject my warranty claim mind…

rotel
    Free Member

The post started playing up about a month ago in the Alps dropping became unreliable – sometimes it would go down but mostly you had to get off the bike coax it (defeating the propose of a dropper post). Return to full extension was fine but the action was slow.

Over the weekend the post decide to give up completely and would not go down at all, an hour into the ride it would start to work again but the action was not smooth and post would maybe drop a couple of inches with some off the bike coaxing. It would return to full height but action was off . After stopping for an hour post would again be stuck at full extension. In the end I Changed back to a standard post and QR

rotel
    Free Member

Chvck – if you dont mind me asking why did they reject the warranty claim?

chvck
    Free Member

I sent it back on grounds that there was a fair amount of ware visible on the stanchion and when I took it apart there was loads below where you can see. They rejected on the grounds that my seat collar clamp was too tight. I’m willing to accept this could be true and tbh it doesn’t affect the use at all so I’m not hugely bothered.

However, my mate (who hasn’t tried to warranty claim) has the same issue and he torqued up his clamp to the exact specifications in the manual.

rotel
    Free Member

Sent the post back to Jungle, same day they got it they fixed it in the post back to me so full marks for service.

It was fixed under warranty, they said ‘it was a simple issue where the internal link cable had slipped’

i’d hope the cable slipping is not somethign that’s going to happen anytime I use the post in the kind of coditions it was made for

Jungle also pointed out – ‘marks inside that are caused by over tightening of the seat clamp’ been using a roadie clamp with a max of 6.5 nm, KS say max is 7 nm this tell me need to be very very careful with the Lev and go for the minimum nm, I’ll try come carbon grip paste

hope this helps someone

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Problems for KS Pure Racing owners’ is closed to new replies.