Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pro2 rear freewheel skipping
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

Hi, has anyone replaced the worn pawls in there rear hub? Did it seem to skip afterwards? I’m starting to think the inside teeth of the hub are also worn. I changed frame at the same time as i did the pawls, and since then the gears skip. All other bits were carried over from the previous build, which had no issues! And yes, the gears are adjusted correctly 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Did you put loads of grease in the freehub? it can stop engagement.

are you sure its not the chain slipping over the casette? new chain / old cassette?

cynic-al
    Free Member

My suspicion would be an issue with your re-installation.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mickasaki
    Free Member

Sensible amount of grease, old cassette + chain + rings. I’ve had the freehub off and checked a couple of times, so really think it may be worn hub – boo 😥

cynic-al
    Free Member

how old?

they last a long time.

ansdy

Have you tried turning the chain over?

A

brakes
    Free Member

have you put the pawl springs in the wrong way round? you can do this apparently 😳

shortcut

How sensible amount of grease? Take some out, you can just use xc lube and no grease. Make sure the seal is properly inserted and the washer / spacer between the hub and free hub!

mickasaki
    Free Member

I think i’ll try taking all the grease out, except a thin film and see how that goes. The hub is about 3 years old, and has had some harsh use, so i’ve had my moneys worth from it if it is dead!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hope can replace the ratchet ring anyway I believe if it is dead

I would take it all apart and check you did get the springs and pawls in right

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Sounds like the springs..

mickasaki
    Free Member

New springs aswell! It was all ok before new parts put in there. I’m going to do some stripping tomorrow, then i’ll take a look at the bike after 😆

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pro2 rear freewheel skipping’ is closed to new replies.