Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pro 2 evo slipping / seizing
  • james239
    Free Member

My pro 2 evo seized the other day and I had to limp back to the van riding ‘fixie’. Later it free’d up a bit, slipped a bit and seized a bit more.

Got the cassette off this evening to inspect it. Anyone else managed to do this before?

jimw
    Free Member

Not common, but not an unknown problem. It has never happened to me but I have seen one go like that on a friend’s bike.

If you send Hope that image they may well sort you out with a replacement.
    you can get steel versions, heavier obviously, but stronger

Speshpaul

Cracked a free hub and the hub body on separate occasions.
    As above, uncommon but not unheard of.
    As above again, give “Ope” a bell in the morning and be nice, there’s a very good chance they will be nice back:-)

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Seen hub shells split open a few times but not a freehub go like that.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Its usually one of the bearings partially seizing,sometimes you can get away with stripping the outer seals off and repacking with grease. But i guess lots will just ride the bike until it frees itself off.

Replacing the bearing is probably the best option

smatkins1
    Free Member

I’ve also seen hope hub bodies crack but I’ve never seen a free hub body fail like this before.

I did once see someone use a screwdriver to lever an axle end cap off before and the free hub body quickly deformed and looked like it was starting to split. It certainly doesn’t look like you’ve done this though.

As above I’m sure hope will sort you out quickly. I’d be interested to know what caused this.

james239
    Free Member

I like to think it was the enourmous power coming from my legs.

The hub has actually cracked completely on opposite sides. The middle bearing had completely dis-integrated inside.

I’d been in Wales for the weekend. Managed coed y brenin Thursday, Snowdon llanberis Friday then it failed part way round Penmancho (sp?) on Saturday. Sadly meant I was unable to join the ride around the Marin trail Sunday.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pro 2 evo slipping / seizing’ is closed to new replies.