Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Door staff confiscating food on entry to events
  • grum
    Free Member

is it true that places that serve alcohol have to give out free water?

I don’t think it actually is but it’s become a commonly accepted ‘rule’ so people get really pissy if they don’t and most places realise it will make them look bad so do it.

Kahurangi

I don’t think it actually is but it’s become a commonly accepted ‘rule’ so people get really pissy if they don’t and most places realise it will make them look bad so do it.

I’ve had an argument in a club when they refused to give me water for free, so when I went home I looked it up. Don’t think it was a legal requirement after all.

jamj1974

I went to an event once (Obsession I think) where the cheeky blighters confiscated all my drugs!!
    Chancing ****

😯
    Think you will have been able to buy them back once inside 😯

johndoh
    Free Member

Don’t think it was a legal requirement after all.

I believe (without Googling, just going back to my pub working days) that an ‘Inn’ has to provide free drinking water – this is a historic thing from a time when Inns were the place a traveller would stop overnight. I don’t think the same applies for anywhere else but as said above, most places will serve tap water without charge.

Cougar

More recently I’ve been to gigs where bottles of water are allowed in provided the lids are removed, otherwise you have to bin them. This is a H&S issue, apparently, because of the danger of people standing on dropped sealed bottles which act as a roller underfoot, causing people to fall, which I can also understand, it could lead to quite nasty injuries if suddenly falling backwards.

The version I was told at a concert was there was a risk of people re-capping the bottles (full of unmentionable liquid) and then throwing them into crowds. Though I expect “we can make more money” is more likely.

Regardless, it’s easily solved by sticking a spare cap in your pocket before you go through “security”.

Northwind

I have a choice of pleading diabetic or coeliac, depends on what sort of event it is. If they do catering and it’s a long day, I’ll go coeliac. If not then diabetic.

blurty

I made the cardboard tube from the middle of a roll of carpet into a giant leek, then we loaded cans of Long Life into the tube and took it into Cardiff Arms Park for a Four Nations match.

Never has beer tasted so good

johndoh
    Free Member

😀

CountZero

The version I was told at a concert was there was a risk of people re-capping the bottles (full of unmentionable liquid) and then throwing them into crowds. Though I expect “we can make more money” is more likely.

Regardless, it’s easily solved by sticking a spare cap in your pocket before you go through “security”.
    For a couple of hours? Nah, it’s more easily solved by just not taking water into the venue.
    It’s far more likely that you’ll get bottles of piss being lobbed around at a festival, because they’ve had hours to drink beer, and it’s too far to walk to the bogs, and walk back.
    Or else they just piss down the back of your legs. Or Prodigy fans do, at any rate. In my experience, anyway.

Phil_H

Free water on request is a mandatory condition of the licensing (scotland) act 2005 & the licensing act 2003

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Door staff confiscating food on entry to events’ is closed to new replies.