Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Printing off an ipad2
  • grahamofredmarley
    Free Member

Wife’s has an ipad2, do you have to use an airprint enabled printer?
    I know that you can run apps such as printopia but my understanding is that you need to have your mac running at the same time.
    Anyone have any ideas how you can print direct off the ipad, or am I stuck with getting an airprint printer.
    thanks in advance for any help

rs
    Free Member

I have an old, well few years old, HP printer photo printer that’s connected to my wifi router, I have the HP app on my ipad and can use that to print wirelessly to the printer.

compositepro
    Free Member

Tbh AirPrint is easiest But I use the e priint app just because it’s habit

andyl
    Free Member

buy an all in one printer copier and just scan stick the ipad on the scanner and hit copy 😆

coolhandluke
    Free Member

My IPad can print to my HP6500 wirelessly in the house and to it via e-print where you email the printer with the document to be printed as an attachment. Obviously you can email the printer from anywhere in the world as long as you have a connection.. Nifty unless there’s no paper in the printer of course.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Have you got a mac as well? If so you can install AirPrint Activator which will allow you to print wirelessly to pretty much any printer, but the Mac has to be on.

CountZero

If you have a wifi capable Epson there’s an app that allows direct printing from iPhone or pad.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Out of date, but still makes me chuckle…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Printing off an ipad2’ is closed to new replies.