Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pricing second hand Hi-Fi (Cyrus, Van den Hul etc)
  • csb

Help. Colleague wants to sell but no idea what to offer.

All brought in 2001, top condition.

Cyrus Power Amp
    Cyrus DAD3 Cd Player with Q24 Upgrade
    Cyrus 7.5 Pre Amp
    Mission 782 Speakers
    Sennheiser HD600 headphones

VdH D102 Mk3 cables that were 160 quid new, worth anything?
    VdH CS122 Speaker cable, 50 quid new, worth anything?

Raindog
    Free Member

I'd suggest Ebay's completed items search to find out individual prices, but if they want to sell as a job lot maybe £350 ?

Hadge
    Free Member

Course those cables are worth something – how much though I'm afraid is anyones guess but I always look at stuff on evilbay and track them and see what they get. Then you can see if it's worthwhile selling them or hanging onto them instead of giving them away.
    As for your other stuff, it's all good stuff so like I said, try evilbay and get some ideas off there. DON'T let them go for naff all ok.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Cyrus Power Amp
    Cyrus DAD3 Cd Player with Q24 Upgrade
    Cyrus 7.5 Pre Amp

If you want to sell those for peanuts I'll have them (would offer proper price if I had money).

Raindog
    Free Member

Unless I misread the thread the op isn't the seller, he's looking at what to offer to buy the items listed.

FWIW I wouldn't pay any extra for the cables.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

dibs on speekers (and probably some cable too)

johnfb
    Free Member

sell as a job lot maybe £350?

I would have thought you'd get a lot more than that if you separated. The Dad3 Q24 still gets a lot of respect on hifi forums and I love mine. Maybe £300 for that + £175 for the pre + £200 for the Power?

If you want a cheaper integrated amp then I have a Cyrus Straight Line going here http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ot-fs-cyrus-straight-line-amplifier#post-718106

glenh
    Free Member

Definitely more than £350 for the lot. Hi-fi doesn't depreciate like bikes!

Depends what he'll accept of course, but that lot's probably £2k+ new.

Raindog
    Free Member

I've done a bit of trawling, and I was a bit under. On the Bay of E,

Mission 782's sell for about £150
    DAD3 without the upgrade £200
    Cyrus pre amp (couldn't find 7.5) £150 ?
    Power amp £150 ?

Cables & old headphones thrown in, I wouldn't reckon on 8 year old headphones being worth a lot, irrespective of the new price now. £500 for the lot would seem fair to me. It's nice to know my Cyrus gear is worth something… Have you listened to the setup ? I love mine (DAB8, CD8X, PreVS2 & 8 Power with Dynaudio audience 52's) but some people can't get along with Cyrus.

Sam

I'd be interested in the headphones separately to avoid having to just throw them in. Good places to get an idea of valkues would be the classifieds at hifiwigwam.com and pinkfishmedia.net. Both have quite active classifieds sections and knowledgable people. Even pop a post up there and you'll get a much better idea of what they're worth than here.

csb

Thanks all. I'm the buyer not the seller. There's also a Nakamichi cassette deck but a relatively low end one.

As an aside I was in Harrods the other day listening to Cyrus stuff. The assistant took me into the 'esoteric' room and put on the £135k Steinway system. It was quite good, better than an Amstrad midi system. Well worth going to have a listen if you're in the area.

ransos
    Free Member

Cyrus stuff holds its value – I should know as I've bought and sold loads of it over the years. I currently have a Dad3Q24 and 7 amp.

I reckon Johnfb's valuation is about right for individual items, maybe knock 15% off for buying the whole package?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Depends on the models doesnt it? My brother bought a Cyrus III amp for ~250 18 months ago, but an 8 will set you back nearer 500 etc

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pricing second hand Hi-Fi (Cyrus, Van den Hul etc)’ is closed to new replies.