Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Preseli hills riding
  • mattg123
    Free Member

I’m staying in a Yurt just down the road & can see the Preseli hills from the balcony, anyone been up round there on a bike ?? According to the map its footpaths only…

riatsala
    Free Member

There was a loop inST72 – went along the ridge starting Newport.

riatsala
    Free Member

Link above has GPX on it – loop starts 060392 heads south on lanes to Ffynnondici 056338 then along ‘path’ around Cerrig Lladron and along ridge to 164332 then north and back to Newport along lanes etc

nickhart
    Free Member

There needs to be a sticky thread for this.
    There are a few trails round Newport and the preseli’s but you’re better off taking a road bike or some running shoes or a wetsuit.
    The area is gorgeous but not particularly good for mtbing.

geoffj

There needs to be a sticky thread for this.
    There are a few trails round Newport and the preseli’s but you’re better off taking a road bike or some running shoes or a wetsuit.
    The area is gorgeous but not particularly good for mtbing.

All true – learn to surf!

Esme
    Free Member

Yurts have balconies? 😯

jairaj

I did a route starting from Newport a while back. While the scenery was great the riding was a bit boring. if your happy just spinning the pedals and following a easy path then you’ll enjoy it.

davewalsh
    Free Member

You staying at Bluestone ?

mattg123
    Free Member

Thanks for the replys, we’re staying at a little site called Tor Bach farm just down the road from Maencochog, they have 2 genuine Mongolian Yurts & we’re here for the week so I bought all the family’s bikes. Fancied sneaking out early one morning & getting up Foel Cymcerwyn but I’ll probably just go for a run up there. Thanks again.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Be sure to check out Tafarn Sinc…

mattg123
    Free Member

Ate there on our 1st night Captain, lovely food & ‘several’pints of beer that his mates home brewing just down the road. Wife had to drive back to site… Will definitely be going again before we depart !!

lister

Early morning quickie up Foel Cymcerwyn? Why the devil not? If you go up from the Rosebush side then it’s all ridable except for the last 200m or so. About 2km is cheeky but as long as it’s done considerately then there’s hardly ever anyone there to see you! When you rejoin the main ‘ridge’ then turn right and it’s downhill all the way (except for the ups).
    Not technical, but lovely upland riding…if the folks weren’t visiting I’d be up there now 🙁

mattg123
    Free Member

Got up there this morning & had the whole Presilli range to myself, enjoyed it so much I’m going again tomorrow morning !!

lister

What route did you do?

mattg123
    Free Member

1st ride
    no idea why it stopped recording the route on Foel Cymcerwyn, maybe because I phoned the family & got them to get the bino’s out while I stood on the trig point waving… it cracked the kids up anyhow 🙂

2nd ride
    Clag was right down so nothing to see but descending suddenly out of it on the way back was pretty cool.

Back home now but had a cracking week away, you live in a truly stunning part of the world mate !!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Preseli hills riding’ is closed to new replies.