Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Prescription sports glasses
  • mrwhyte
    Free Member

I am not blind as a bat, but need them for driving etc. Am looking to get some prescription glasses for riding and am trying to find a decent pair.
    I have found this site https://www.extreme-eyewear.co.uk/prescription-eyewear/oakley-sunglasses/oakley-flak-jacket-xlj-9009/9011/view/36/#

and have been looking at the Flaks. My normal sunnies are Oakleys and I know their customer aftercare is ace.

Has anyone else got prescription sport glasses? I need them to be pretty tough, just in case I do fall off!

Thanks in advance.

scotroutes

I’ve been using prescription Half Jackets XLJs for years. Being expensive, I do try to take care of them.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

I am thinking that the price of 260 is quite a lot? or is that what you’d usually pay for when getting prescription Oakleys?

ichi
    Free Member

When I was last due an eye test I went for the 2 for one from spec savers. Took a pair of wrap around standard sunglasses as my 2nd pair, got my lenses fitted, jobs done. I have owned prescription sports glasses in the past and they are horrendously expensive. The pair I’ve got look the part, not branded and were free! Cheap to replace if/when they get trashed.

They fit well and I bought some anti mist spray which I apply after a clean, they work as well as my last pair which cost about £190 and got mashed when the side of my face hit a tree.

nickc

I’ve a pair of crosslinks. while not a specific sports design, they have the same rubber pieces on nose and ear that become more sticky as you sweat, I wear them occasionally to bike and run in, and they’re just fine, and I can wear them as a regular pair of specs. as well Mine were £200 with a free pair are Vision Direct.

globalti
    Free Member

This question comes up every week on here and on Cycle Chat. I can’t be bothered to type it all over again so please open this thread and scroll down to my post at the bottom!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/show-me-your-rx-riding-glasses-please-reglaze-by-cb-or-etc

Sundayjumper

mrwhyte – that’s the usual price for genuine Oakley lenses. It’s over £300 if you want the transitions version…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Prescription sports glasses’ is closed to new replies.