Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • show me your Rx riding glasses please.. reglaze by CB or etc.
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

currently riding with Cebe cycling glasses w/ clip-ons but fancy a non clip-on/photochromic lens.. sent a lot of cycling frame/glasses links to Ciliary Blue but always turned down as it cannot be re-glaze… (i actually sent links of cycling glasses that was on sale in CRC mostly) …..

If I can bother you o’ lovely people of STW to give me some cycling glasses (half frame preferred) website link that you have and was successfully reglazed to your prescription lens. cheers

mattbee

It’s probably the half frame thing they have issues with.
    I’ve had six or seven different pairs of Oakley sunglasses glazed by CB. The more curved lenses of a set of A Wire didn’t work that well, bit ‘goldfish bowl’ around the periphery.
    Flatter lenses in Whiskers and Crosslink worked fine.
    Had some Bloc ones done too, buggered if I know the model though.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

my -_-models-fuel-cell-_-%5boakley%20fuel%20cell%5d&gclid=CNivl9_A7MQCFZKcfAod7mgAtQ&gclsrc=ds]Oakley Fuel cell is being refused to be reglaze as well

so half frame cannot be re-glaze then 🙁

retro83
    Free Member

Somebody posted a shop link a while back which had a ‘CB’ logo showing which could be glazed by Cilary Blue. Don’t suppose anybody knows it?

retro83
    Free Member

Found it:
    http://www.i-sunglasses.com/Choppers-Padded-Sunglasses-8CP905-Black-Clear

Courtesy of mick_tvr
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ciliarybluecom-prescription-riding-specs#post-6804950

Edit: perhaps not as good as I hoped, since I can’t find any of their cycling glasses with the CB logo on 😕

globalti
    Free Member

Your problem is always going to be the curve of the frame, especially with thicker lenses. Gti Junior and I got Shoptic 8919 glasses made in photochromic, mine with varifocal. The advantage of these is that the lens is cleverly mounted in a flatter removable sub-frame so can take quite thick lenses:

Here: http://www.specs2u.co.uk/sports-glasses/

My own frames:

These are really excellent even with my astigmatism, they shield the eyes well and the vision is perfect at all light levels.

If you’re lucky enough to live nearby, get them at a discount from the very excellent Junaid at Ideal Eye Care in Blackburn.

tom84
    Free Member

Hello, I just got some rx inserts for my new uvex galsses (sportstyle 104) and I am a bit confused about how they actually fit into the glasses. If csomeone could advise me? When I feel better about it I am sending the inserts off to CB

swanny853

Globalti, if you don’t mind my asking, how strong is your prescription? My problem has always been that mine is too strong to get curved prescription lenses but those of yours look like they might do the trick.

Ta

redthunder
    Free Member

I’ve always used these straight over my regular glasses.

http://www.elvex.com/OVR-Spec.htm

Cheap and strong. Not to Roy Orbinson 😉

scc999

I’m waiting to hear back from Cilary Blue. Got some safety specs reglazed and I
    I’ve tried them a few times on rides but I think the prescription is wrong – feels like I’m wearing someone else’s glasses, things seem a bit further away!

2 days after I sent the email- nothing heard.

Si

globalti
    Free Member

Globalti, if you don’t mind my asking, how strong is your prescription? My problem has always been that mine is too strong to get curved prescription lenses but those of yours look like they might do the trick.

Sorry, I’ve lost the little card but it’s very strong, with astigmatism and short-sightedness. The whole point of those Shopic glasses is that they can take a very strong prescription because the curve is actually quite small and the thickness of the lens is cleverly accommodated by the sub-frames, which can be removed for fitting regular plain lenses if you prefer. I got mine in varifocal and photochromic and they were the best investment I’ve ever made in eyewear as the vision is superb, in sunshine or at night.

swanny853

Brilliant, cheers, that sounds not unlike mine. I use contacts for riding most of the time but I’d like some alternatives to normal glasses for commuting and the like

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘show me your Rx riding glasses please.. reglaze by CB or etc.’ is closed to new replies.