Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Premier Users! – Issue 54 is now available!
  • Blackhound

I will try not to think of the extra's as items / shots not good enough to go in the mag;-)

wors

Do istill get a t-shirt for subscribing 😉

Mark

If you sign up by Direct Debit then yes 🙂

wors

🙄 boooooo

Sadoldsamurai

Congratulations, you are the first mag that's got me to subscribe wthout a free offer carrot.
    It's green, and it's really good being able to access back numbers and the website speed links and quality are still wowing me..
    Thanks for a great mag.

Mark

you are most welcome. I have to say that we are not totally happy with the speed of things or the total number of mags that are available at the moment. these are thingswe are working to improve. Hopefully we will have every issue we posess digital files for up in the system in the next week or so. Each one takes a bout a day to rip, render and upload. We don't have digital files for issues 3 – 13 but we have paper copies and we are working on the best methods of scanning them in order to add those issues into the collection too.

All shop accounts for new Premier users should be up and running in the next week too.

Sarah will have your Premier Club Cards in the post to you before Xmas too.

🙂

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Will the offline digital version be able to integrate with the Zinio application that I use to read the US based Bike Mag?

Mark

The offline version is a PDF file formatted and optimised for viewing using Adobe Reader version 8 or greater.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply.

PDF is by far the simplest and cheapest technology solution.

al

Google Analytics tell us that close to 300,000 unique users and rising are tuning in to Singletrack every month

"unique users" is not a term used by GA. But then we all know what Benjamin Disraeli says about stats, don't we 😉

Mark

Visitors then.

Visitors is actually a more understandable term IMO although the common argument against using the term 'visitors' is that it risks being confused with 'visits', which is entirely different.

Whichever you prefer.. Visitors – Unique Users..

Mark

And since we are on the subject… we clocked up 800,000 VISITS in the last month and delivered 6.2 million page impressions.

Mark

Premier users will have noticed that they are now labelled as such in the forum.

Your usual 'member' tag has now been upgraded to say, 'Premier member' 🙂

Mark

One potential benefit of the new labeling system mentioned here for discussion..

Premier Users are required to register their full contact details with us that are verified against the registered address of the payment card they chose to pay with. We need the full address for two reasons.. 1) obviously if you opt for the premier print and above option then we need to know where to post your mags to. 2) We send ALL premier users a Premier Club Card through the post.

Now, this brought up a discussion in the office. Premier Users could be seen in a more trusting light when it comes to selling in the Classifieds. After all, we have their full contact details on record verified by the bank.

Important to note that we comply very strictly with our own privacy policy which is that we NEVER provide personal details to anyone unless a) They have expressly given us permission to do so in writing or b) We are legally obliged to pass on the information.. to say the police or a court.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Another 'thanks' from a new digi-scriber 🙂
    the 2-for-1 shirt offer in the shop was most appreciated too………

Mark

You are welcome… We are working on some more deals, including some freebies for early in the new year for Premier users…

There's more to come.

🙂

julianwilson
    Free Member

Mark – Resident Grumpy

Premier users will have noticed that they are now labelled as such in the forum.

Your usual 'member' tag has now been upgraded to say, 'Premier member'

can I have 'this man is so bored in the evenings that he paid fifteen quid to read back issues online' instead?

sadexpunk

is this the best place to ask about using the online 'mag reader' or has it got its own thread somewhere?

basically, im struggling. i go to mag archive, then i tried a few searches. moots ybb for instance, and it brings up the relevant mags. i wanted to read the review on the altura attack jacket, so put that in the search. found it.

but…….im struggling with the software(?)
    the thumbnail views of the page are a good idea, and i find a page that looks like its the right one. click it and it brings up those pages, but just a bit too small to read. so i clicked the image, it zooms in. click it again it zooms out. but i never did get to read the altura review cos it just wouldnt work for me. zoomed in really close and took aaaages while it was trying to focus. but then it wouldnt move along the page so i could read it all.
    zoomed out, it was out of focus.

all the time the pc was whirring away doing something, and everything was soooo slow, and i never got to where i wanted.

is there an easier way? ive got a half decent pc, and eveything else is pretty fast on it. is this particular section 'resource heavy'?

like i say, the way to find stuff is great, i just want it to be easy for me to read when ive found it :-/

thanks

Mark

Sounds like it could be your internet connection. When you zoom in the page loads a new image only one that is actually much bigger than the first. So in essence it doesn't really zoom in at all. You need to let the new image load. It's essentially a large jpg which needs to be downloaded. Once it's downloaded you just move the mouse pointer around the screen to scroll.

There is also a red cog icon on the bottom bar. clicking that gets you to the scroll options. You can choose change the scroll options to click and drag there. It should be no more resource heavy than any other flash based reader. There's no animation until you activate any of the embedded videos so it should not be forcing your pc to work too hard.

sadexpunk

thanks mark

hmmmmm………it IS looking like my pc, but its not my connection. ive had my bro whos a bit of a pc wizard, sign in as me on his pc, and access it all and he confirms its fine his end.
    ive checked my connection speed which is good (ping 28ms, d/load speed 9.8mbps), but its hanging up all the time.

this morning i clicked 'read' and it was a good 3 mins before the overview came up. while all the time in another window i could be searching quite happily through the forums. when i looked at the little firefox dial loading the page it would often get stuck on say 58% for a minute or so :-/

another strange thing is……the little red cog for changing settings. not there yesterday. was there today. i changed setting to 'drag and move page' and played around with that. when i cam back to it later, the red cog was missing, and it was back to moving the page with my mouse moves, which i dont like. no way of changing it.
    back later, and red cog was there, so i could change it. but printer icon was missing this time 🙂

so, looks like its a problem my end, but i dont know what to do about it. any suggestions as to what might help? firefox or flash updates you reckon? it just seems strange that 1 part of singletrack is fast fast fast (forums) while another part is frozen :-/

cheers

PePPeR

I really must get around to doing this, trouble for me is its very difficult to get the time during the day to ring. I've just spent 15 hours at work and I just can't find the time to get away to get this phone call in.

I don't suppose there is anyway of me sending an e-mail or some such is there please?

Mark

sarah@singletrackworld.com make sure you include your username

PePPeR

Cheers Mark e-mail winging its way to sarah

mickasaki
    Free Member

Hi, am i being stupid? probably! just signed up for the supper fluffy all bells premier thingy, click on the premier button next to shop, and its still the same as before! It says i am a premier account holder there, but by reading the first posts in this thread, i assumed there would be links to additional items, not just details of the various subs? FORGET THIS- just found it all!

Mark

The signposting once you are in could be better… Will be better. It's being worked on..

Cheers
    🙂

mickasaki
    Free Member

It wasn't just me then!!

fybot
    Free Member

Probably a 'schoolboy error' on my part, but I'm a Premier user and don't see any content behind the yellow button … que pasa?

Mark

You won''t see anything behind there other than the status of your account.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/category/news/premier/

That's the index page of all current Premier stories…

And standby.. we are about to switch on a cool new feature for Premier Users..
    The option to disable most of the ads 🙂

Mark

Hit the Yellow Premier button up there…. scroll down to 'Account Status'.. click..

There's a new button on your account details page called 'Reduce Ads'

They don't all go.. Sponsors banners are still there but the right hand column now only displays two ads instead of 7. The remaining ad positions display all the ads but they are now all in rotation.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

Or access your premier status page through your user profile page (Welcome, Tom(dB)!), 😀

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Premier Users! – Issue 54 is now available!’ is closed to new replies.