Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Premier Users! – Issue 54 is now available!
  • Mark

We've perhaps rashly opened up the whole Premiere system now to all existing and new registered users. Click the yellow button and go have a look at what's on offer.

Premier Account users will be able to access NEW content on the website. Think of it as like being able to view the Extra Features of a DVD 🙂 Everyone will still get everything they have always had. News stories, forum access etc..

Currently if you sign up for a Premier Digital or Premier Digital Extra account you will be able to read all digital issues of the magazine online in our Mag Archive section of the website.

Existing Print subscribers can have their existing subscriptions transferred over to Premier Accounts by calling Sarah. The instructions are in the Premier Users section (press the yellow button).

All existing print subscribers can be transferred to a Premier Print Account free of charge. When we start posting Premier content on the website front page you will be able to access it. For now though you will see no change as we won't be publishing any Premier web content until next week.

Existing Print subscribers can upgrade to Premier Print Digital for £5 (Normally £30). This will mean you can access the magazines in our Mag Archive in digital format to read online.

Existing print subscribers can upgrade to a Premier Print Digital Extra account for £10 (normally £35). This account will mean you can not only read our magazines online but you can download them and print them out offline.

If you are an existing Premium subscriber we will transfer you to a Premier Print+Digital Extra account for free.

If you are not interested in receiving the printed mag at all then you can still become a Premier Digital user from just £15. This will give you access to our entire Mag Archive to read online or download and print.

We are rolling this launch out slowly to make sure we don;t get massively swamped here in the office, but we hope to have the system available to everyone by the end of next week. Maybe sooner 🙂

jedi

good idea.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The first 1000 registered site users are now able to sign up for a Premier Account.

how do you know if you are one?

Drac

I take it if you have a yellow button next to shop then your one of them, didn't have my bank details with me at work so couldn't sign up today will have to wait to Monday now.

phildowling
    Free Member

I've logged out and the yellow button still shows, so not sure if everyone can see it or not…

The dead people i see are more annoying though. 😉

sc-xc

? If you are an existing Premium subscriber we will switch your subscription our top of the line Premier Extra Account for FREE!

Just call Sarah and have your subscriber details to hand (Subscriber number is really useful but don't worry if you can't find it – Just call NOW).
    ? For just an extra £5 you can add a Premier Digital Account to your existing subscription

Giving you access to not only a year's worth of digital issues complete with enhanced content from video extras to hundreds of working hyperlinks but also access the entire library of available digital back issues to read while online.
    ? For an extra £10 you can add a Premier Digital Extra Account to your existing subscription taking you to the top of the options list

You will continue to receive your regular print copies through the post but in addition you will also get to read, download and print all our Digital copies from the Premier Account area of this website for both online and offline reading.

This is confusing. I subscribe for the mag, what am I?

Ben_Haworth

Barry – you are a "Premier Print".

The info/discussion on here may help – http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/oh-look-a-fancy-new-button/

Mark

Barry… This bit is your bit..

All existing print subscribers can be transferred to a Premier Print Account free of charge. When we start posting Premier content on the website front page you will be able to access it. For now though you will see no change as we won't be publishing any Premier web content until next week.

You get the print mag. So you can become a Premier User for free. For an extra £5 you can become a Premier Print+Digtal user – The 'Digital' bit costs £5. The Digital bit means you get to read the mag in 'Digital' format.

sc-xc

Ok cheers…

simonralli2
    Free Member

Is this free for the first 1000 sign up ees and people who are 1001 have to pay, or does your steam driven computer driven hamster powered system only allow the first 1000 sign ups to subscribe? Not too sure what the 1000 is all about. Why not let everyone have access? 😀

Mark

Simon,

Because there's a lot more behnd the scenes than just switching an account on this site. This website has to talk to our subs database that sits in our office. If you are an existing subscriber to the print mag then before we can enable your web profile access to the digital mags we have to match up two sets of database entries. The database for user accounts on this website consists of a username and an email address.. That's it. We have no way of automatically matching accounts on here with entries in our subscription database. That's why existing subscribers have to call us up in the office so we can ask the right questions and get your web account and subs account linked. That takes manpower.. and a lot of new ways that things can go wrong.. so we are rolling it out slowly to make sure everything works. Just putting it all live and letting almost 300,000 unique users a month have the option to sign up and then break it. Especially scary when money is involved. So.. we are being cautious and careful.

The first 1000 users have the option to sign up.. It's not a free thing for 1000 people. It's just an option for them. If all goes well, after our monday evaluation meeting we will open it up wider 🙂

Mark

The first Premier User story is now up on the front page.

This is a gallery of all the extra shots we didn't use in our Feature on riding in the Basque Region of Spain (Issue 53). None Premier users can still see 10 images but only Premier Users will be able to see the whole gallery of over 100 images.

If you are an existing magazine subscriber then you can have your web account upgraded for free to premier Print level. You will then be able to see the entire gallery. Click the Yellow button and call Sarah.

righty
    Free Member

considering going premier, how many weeks after publication does a current issue go into the archive?

Mark

We are aiming to have online versions up and ready by the time the paper version hits the shops. Earlier if possible.. Our only restriction is the time it takes to add all the interactive features but works on that starts as soon as the PDF files have been sent to our printer.

Mark

Oh and the next 1000 online accounts can now sign up. To see if your account has been 'readied' just click the yellow button. We will have it opened up to everyone by the end of the week if not sooner.

righty
    Free Member

sorry i should have been clearer, I am not currently a print/online subscriber and was wondering when in relation to a magazine publication date can I access the archived version if I become a premier user

Mark

As soon as the issue is on sale in the shops it will be available to view online to all Premier Digital users. Issue 54 is due to appear on shop shelves on the 10th December. The digital version will also be available to read online for all premier Digital users on the same date.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

My subscription (premier) has just expired, is there any difference between ringing up and renewing and signing up as a new subscriber (apart from signing up online being easier)?

Mark

No difference if your sub has expired. The online method is much easier 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahhh. Got all the way through the process to find out it's credit card only. No Maestro! No Paypal! Rats. 🙁

mudpup
    Free Member

If you are not interested in receiving the printed mag at all then you can still become a Premier Digital user from just £15. This will give you access to our entire Mag Archive to read online or download and print.

Right, i just subscribed on the basis that i can do the above online.
    You've bloody conned me – i can only read 2009 and half of the 2008 back issues!
    That is not THE ENTIRE MAG ARCHIVE! Its 12 out of the 53 listed. Of which i own most of them in print.
    Can i have my money back please?

Mark

Issue 42 just uploaded..
    Issue 41 is currently on the way up the pipe…

We only go back as far as issue 16 although we just uploaded issue 1, as we don;t have those mag files anymore.

You can cancel your sub in your account area at anytime. Just click the yellow button.

Paypal is listed as a payment option.

mudpup
    Free Member

Do i assume that you will be uploading more back issues as time allows?
    As long as i have something to read for my money its ok thanks.

Mark

It turns out that although Paypal is listed in the admin settings as a payment option it is currently not showing up as an option at the front end. We are investigating that now

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Paypal is listed as a payment option.

I couldn't see it. I did look. I'll have another look.

EDIT
    Mark, we were typing at the same time. 🙂
    So it turns out I'm not as dumb as you look then? 😉

Mark

Mudpup,

Sorry the complete collection isn't there yet. It's an ongoing constant process at the moment. It takes several hours to rip and upload each issue. 41 has just finished ripping and I'm about to start uploading it. While that is uploading I'll start ripping issue 40…. and so on.

The complete collection will include every issue apart from issues 2-13 as we don't have the original files for those issues, although we do have print versions in the archive for those and we have been discussing the best way to try scanning them in. We'd love to have EVERY issue in there and we'll do our best.

All available PDF files are already uploaded and so Premier Digital Extra users can download them. The Flash online only versions are going to take a few days yet to be uploaded.

mudpup
    Free Member

Cheers Mark – thats fine

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Still no sign of Paypal payment. 🙁

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Just added the full daddy to mine.

Mark

Issues 38 & 39 are now available as online mags. Issue 37 is on the way and I'm ripping issue 36 now.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Still no Paypal. 🙁

I'd like to subscribe, but I don't have a credit card…….

Mark

Debit cards work just as well. The company that provides the user level registrations system (www.spreedly.com) are aware of the Paypal issue.

But in the meantime Debit cards like Visa Delta work just fine.

Alternatively we can set you up a Direct Debit payment from your bank account. You would have to call Sarah to get that sorted

sadexpunk

can i just get it straight in my mind what id be able to do with each 'level'?

as it stands, i subscribe to the mag. i rang to get a free swap to 'premier print'. my details were wrong, but now theyre right. when i click on the premier link it says i currently have a premier account.

i click 'account status' and it says current package is 'print'

the tabs suggest i can 'view issues in web browser'. i click an issue but i cant view it in web browser. just a list of whats in it, with no links to those stories/reviews.

next tab says 'download pdf version'. i click a mag but same as last one. a list with no links.

3rd tab says receive print copies, and has a tick by it.

am i right in thinking then that if i pay an extra fiver and become 'premier print and digital' then the 1st tab (view in web browser) will have a tick by it, and when i click a pic of a mag, itll list the stories/reviews etc, but this time, the links will be active, and i can read then there and then?
    and if i click the 'download pdf version', itll just be the same. mag with links, but no download.

unless i pay an extra tenner and then ticks by all tabs, and i download a pdf version to read offline etc etc?

if thats the case, i think id prefer to upgrade a fiver and be able to go to reviews there and then. im always rooting through mags at work, trying to remember what month something was in, and this option would be good for me. im also thinking of buying the usb drive from the shop, which has the last 10 copies as pdf versions yep?

have i got that about right? 🙂

thanks

tomdebruin
    Free Member

@sadexpunk
    you are right. You're only on Premier Print, so you get the mag delivered and can see Premier Stories on the site
    If you upgrade £5 you can view the issues online, if you pay £10 you can download them as well.

sadexpunk

cheers 🙂

whats premier stories?

Mark

This is a Premier User story..

International Basque Force – Issue 53 Extras (With Premier Content)

Only Premier Account users can see the entire gallery.

We have a story due early next week that will contain all the contributions we couldn't fit in the Joy of Filth feature in issue 53. Like deleted scenes from a DVD.. Chipps is working on a Gallery of all the extra shots not used in his Pyrenees feature too. That will be up early next week too.

sadexpunk

ok mark, thanks. obviously (i think) im a premier account user now, so how do i access that story, and the entire gallery?

is there an 'extras' button somewhere?

cheers

taka
    Free Member

1st 1000? how many people are on singletrack?

tomdebruin
    Free Member

@sadexpunk – you click on the story. If you are logged in, and Premier, it will show the extra content. If not, you'll see a link to upgrade your account.

Mark

Taka,

Google Analytics tell us that close to 300,000 unique users and rising are tuning in to Singletrack every month 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Premier Users! – Issue 54 is now available!’ is closed to new replies.