Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Praxis PF30 adapter BB issue
  • campfreddie
    Free Member

just had my Praxis PF30 Conversion BB fitted to my Salsa Mamasita frame.

The frame has a 73mm PF30 BB shell, so it should all go together beautifully.

The instructions were followed to the letter, but having pressed in the non-drive side part and then wound in the drive side part until it faces the other part, there is a 2mm gap between the frame BB shall outer and the bearing inner.

Everything has been triple checked and we can’t figure out why this is happening.

thoughts?

scaredypants

never seen one before but I’m going for “thread needs chasing”

scaredypants

If you assemble it oustide of the BB shell, how wide is it ?

campfreddie
    Free Member

@scaredpants – the bb shell is pf30 so there are no threads. the two parts of the praxis shell wound in together until they hit their machined faces (which they are designed to do).

i didn’t measure up before, but unless either mamasita frame is narrower than it should be, or my praxis converter is wider than it should be, it should work.

coatesy
    Free Member

Have you fitted the compressible o-ring? Looks like they make them slightly wide to compensate for frame tolerances, and fill the gap with this o-ring.

awh
    Free Member

I had this problem as well and I couldn’t figure out what the cause was. My chainset fitted fine so I left the BB with the slight gap. If there had been an o-ring both sides to take up the tolerances I probably wouldn’t have noticed. After about 6 months use I’ve not had any problems with it like this.

scaredypants

Ah, no, I meant threads on the insert not the shell but if it winds right in to a proper stop then it can’t be dirty threads.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Praxis PF30 adapter BB issue’ is closed to new replies.