Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Powder coating in Derbyshire or Notts
  • Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2001 Specialized S Works M4 hardtail that’s looking a bit tired so I was thinking of getting it stripped and powder coated.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a good firm to use in the Notts/Derbyshire area?
    Will the heat they use damage the frame?
    What about stickers afterwards? I’m not near my bike at the moment but I think the originals are lacquered over to protect them. Where can you get stickers from and how to do you protect them on a powder coated frame?
    Is there anything else I should know before I go ahead with it?

rotary
    Free Member

if near Derby try Derwent link i have used them in the past and they have always been quite reasonable and given good advice

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

I used a guy in pinxton to do a transition vagrant but had to get it dipped and stripped elsewhere, I can’t remember the name but they are on brook hill industrial estate

extremenik
    Free Member

There is a motorcycle shop in Shirebrook that are quite respected in the area for doing a good job!

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Mattzzz, thats perfect as I live in Pinxton 🙂

lakelandmatt
    Free Member

+1 for the shop in shirebrook, my brother uses him all the time.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

I had to go to a place in Netherfield for the dipping , the powdercoaters were really good as there was a bit of a mark in the coat on the seat stay and he wouldn’t let me have it back without sorting it first- a true sign of pride in their work

Rockhopper
    Free Member

And how did you go on for stickers etc afterwards or did you just leave it the plain colour?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Powder coating in Derbyshire or Notts’ is closed to new replies.