Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • possibly new brakes
  • hainman
    Free Member

im currently running hayes stroker trail brakes on my bike and have had nothing but squeeling of them since new….
    was looking online and seen somewhere doing the new deore and avid elixirs think it was 3 or 5 for about 100quid.
    would these brakes be a step up from what i have just now or are they just the same??
    thanks craig

Gribs

I’ve not used Hayes Stroker brakes to compare them but my Elixir 3’s weren’t great. The 5’s are supposed to be a lot better but at £100ish I’d be looking at some SLX brakes from Rose bikes.

bullit
    Free Member

agree with Gribs – just got some SLX brakes from Rose Bikes for £114 pair delivered to replace Avid Juicy carbons that I have run out of patience with. Only had one ride with the SLX’s so far but they seem well gid. Impressive.

neilforrow

Gribs +1, even the cheeper’ deore’s are very good for the money.

FOG

I have SLXs on both bikes and they are excellent. My son had an earlier Hayes on his bike and they were terrible compared to SLXs– wooden, no feel, on or off and not that powerful. As above even Deores will be a big improvement
    Merlin are doing very good deals on Maguras at the moment, not used them but people think they are good

IHN

I shall revert to type and say ditch hydro discs and fit BB7s. All the braking, none of the faff.

tommid
    Free Member

I’m about to list a set of SLX. Mail me if you are interested. You’d still have a weekends beer money left of the £100…

hainman
    Free Member

Cheers tommid,old style Ones?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘possibly new brakes’ is closed to new replies.