Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Positive Classified experiences…share them here.
  • lister

I’d just like to thank Clarkey and kd48 who have very generously given me a set of Shimano SPD pedals and a pair of Nike Nguba shoes to aid me in my money saving commuting.
    Within a week of my post they sent them to me and both items are in amazing condition.

The kindness of strangers is great! 🙂

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Recent ones I remember;

Shock pump off roddi18 for free- gave him a discount on a seatpost a while later.

Binners for a disc adaptor.

Oh, and plenty of parts I’ve paid for (too many to list, no issues though)

Smarty
    Free Member

Not had a bad experience. I’ve met a few forum members through pick up only type sales, just normal, decent folks.
    Most recent, bought a few cheap items off scud, I paid paypal and had the items in 48hrs, even got a little extra freebie in the package that I never asked for, top banana that chap.

loddrik
    Free Member

These threads don’t work.

Plus, in 4 or 5 years on the classifieds I’ve only has one less than satisfactory transaction, and I’ve bought loads of stuff over the years.

scratch
    Free Member

Always ask on the clasifieds before buying stuff first hand, I’d rather give my money to some fella to buy more kit with than the bigger online stores.

Never had a problem, anything under a tenner I usually send before receiving payment.

Big thanks to AlanMc100 for the computer today!

bassspine
    Free Member

Bought a 456 frame off Mustard, and an Il Pompino off Naranjada.
    Both times, it was a real ‘STW classifieds how it should be’ transaction 😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Five purchases, generally no probs, got a good deal on a frame, but arrived with one cross threaded bb thread (not mentioned), had it retapped at the LBS for £10 and no problem since.
    Bought loads off ebay 2nd hand, some at a steal, never had an issue.

ton

dozens of sales…………and a ton or purchases……….never a complaint. 😀

Mackem

Bought a few things, sold a few things, gave away one thing. Nee bother.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Bought loads of stuff off here (built my mates bike and my bro’s bike with mainly stuff off the classifieds) and I’ve also sold quite a bit. Never a bad experience.

Most recently I bought a set of rock shox pikes off Kryton57 (he only has about 5 posts) for £185. He posted them parcelforce 48 hour and they turned up exactly as described. Dull story but positive experience. Thanks Steve.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Lots of trades over the years.

Standout stuff is:

Ton
    BigPete

and…

Freeform5spot who I’ve bought a number of items off. Currently banned but should be reinstated.

jimmy

Not a bad experience here. Except for a dodgy wheel I sold about 5 years ago. I forget who I sold it to, but it was before I thought better of it and the guilt remains. Sorry whoever it was :/

peteimpreza

Loads of good experiences both buying and selling.

The only bad experience was with freeform5spot/pete gratwick. Long may his ban last.

robhughes
    Free Member

loads of stuff without a problem
    2 frames
    forks
    crank sets etc etc
    all with out a hitch. 😀

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Since 2003 I’ve bought loads and loads of stuff from peeps on here. Frames, wheels, forks, bikes… All vendors have been excellent. I hope they’ll say the same thing about me. Ying/yang, karma etc.

I only had one problette with a guy who sold me a bike which had some ‘issues’… v-brakes but F wheel had a disc-only rim; no bolts holding the mech hanger on; 8speed shifter with a 9speed block… not the sort of issues come to light during the standard questions/photos stage 😕

Still. Lesson learned 😀

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

😀

drain

Yay, the problette word! We will get it into the English language 😀

mildred

I’ve bought and sold loads on here over the years. Had mainly positive experiences but also had a few negative ones. One occasion that irritated me slightly was when someone was asking for something for free, I contacted him and ended up sending the freebies. However a couple of other people emailed and asked if I had any more – I did so posted the things out.

The original person sent me an email thanking me for my effort and offering payment/charity donation, whereas the 2 freeloaders didn’t even bother saying thanks. No doubt they went on to sell the items they’d got free.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

BOught two sets of forks and a few small bits, sold a complete bike for a friend

all no hassle

alexpalacefan

Got three bikes, and apart from a frame and a set of brakes all from the classifieds, wouldn’t go anywhere else.

APF

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I used to be a loner – no friends, no girlfriend, no job, living in a skip and eating out of bins.

One day I used the STW Classifieds, and within a week I found myself living in a penthouse, with three nymphomaniac page 3 models as girlfriends, hundreds of friends and a 6 figure income.

Thank you STW Classifieds – you changed my life.

vinnyeh

Loads of good over the years.
    One bad- a cross bike I bought off one of the Trek team guys was nothing like the bike advertised, or shown in the photos, and had a damaged frame (tt dent). Still rankles, several years later, but he stopped replying to emails, and I couldn’t chase him half the length of the country.

Oh, and I’ve had to refund for a cracked frame I inadvertently sold. 😕

theboatman
    Free Member

Recently bought some cranks off danielledgerwood and all was good. Since the guy is a new user I thought it was worth a mention.

iain1775
    Free Member

had loads of good transactions, both buying and selling. met a few of you along the way as well and all seem like decent people
    most recent purchase was a Littlelife backpack of ‘Fadda’
    Spot on that one and an absolute bargain
    Experiences like that mean Im happy to help other people out and donate stuff for free or postage costs occasionally when they need a few little bits I have lying around, PeterPoddy helped me out with a toolbox tidy up a while ago 😉
    Always amazes me the variety of stuff you can buy and sell on here, its far more than just bike bits
    Much better than ebay, and cheaper

Daffy

5 sets of forks,
    15-20 sets of wheels,
    6 frames,
    myriad sets of brakes, cranks, DT etc.
    2 full bikes,

99% have been excellent, Specific mention to Will1, Kinger, V10, Lardlover and Ton.

Had a few bad experiences too, mostly condition related both buying and selling, apparently I’m nore picky than some and less than others.

big_scot_nanny

Great experiences for me also, to name a few:
    ton, cieren, stewart from pipedreams, catfood (geoff) many more. All great. 😀

I only wish I had read the ‘scams’ thread before entering into a transaction with the famous Mr. Gratwick. Fingers crossed it turns out OK, ball’s in his court right now. 😕

Benefit of the doubt anyone? 😉

Kev

foxyrider
    Free Member

All of them good and vice versa myself – Just got a Cane Creek Seatpost from Classifieds from cb and a 165mm Rotor and bracket off year 5 months ago – all very pleasant 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Positive Classified experiences…share them here.’ is closed to new replies.