Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Positioning a bike on a boot mounted carrier
  • BoardinBob

I’ve got a boot mounted bike carrier that I want to use. A bit like this one

Due to the shape of my frame, I’m going to have to position the bike so the bars on the rack come through the points marked in red in this picture

I’m a bit concerned about the contact point I’ve marked with the blue arrow.

Will it be ok to support the bike at this point as it’s part of the suspension, rather than the frame??

Smee
    Free Member

What about the triangle above the blue arrow and under the down tube? Seems like the best option to me.

BoardinBob

It would catch the cables under the seat tube and the the piece of frame that forms the triangle and connects the seat tube to the top tube is made from very thin aluminium

auldy
    Free Member

I’ve got the same bike as you but it goes on the roof 🙂 Perhaps taking the wheels off would put less strain on the frame ?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Just stick it through anywhere. If the frame is strong enough to take you hammering down a mountain it can handle it’s own weight. Just make sure you don’t scratch shock/forks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Positioning a bike on a boot mounted carrier’ is closed to new replies.