Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • porthole driving
  • mrmo
    Free Member

What is it with some motorists, why can’t they be bothered to clean the windows so they can actually see where the **** they are going.

I am not even going to bother with drivers and snow on roofs, bonnets etc.

WHY!!!!!!

U31
    Free Member

The cops round here had the sense to pull over and issue a severe testicaling to offenders around these parts.

When are people going to realise that driving is a privelige, not a right?

I have a personal theory that most otherwise law abiding folks only brush with the law will be when doing something thoughtless behind the wheel.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Saw some clown who had cleared the top 12″ of his windscreen, whilst the remainder was covered with snow!
    Its not that cold down here and cars do have those wonderous things called wipers, or failing that he could have used a scraper or gloved hand. FFS

midlifecrashes

Doesn’t help that the only screenwash left in the shops is rated as good for as low as -5, most places round here haven’t got that warm yet today.

U31
    Free Member

My screen wash froze solid days ago.
    I stop, get out and rub fresh snow on the warm screen when it gets smeared with salt.

surfer
    Free Member

Saw a guy near me driving an Espace with only a 10″ sq porthole to see through. Kids were milling around on their way to school and he couldnt be bothered to spend a couple of minutes clearing his screen. Needless to say the rest of the car had not been cleared he had obviously just driven off his drive.
    If it hadnt been so busy I would have had a strong word!

Saw a guy in a van turning at a busy junction the other day steering with his elbow with a cup in one hand and a mobile in the other. Staggering!

phiiiiil

I walked past a chap reversing off his drive the other day after dutifully clearing his front window only, he couldn’t see a thing out the back. Surely you’d have thought “Oh! I cannot see anything at all, I shall just take a second to clear my rear window while still safely on my drive…”

stumpy01

A tip for a salt smattered windscreen.

I’ve found that if I leave the climate control to Auto it sends a waft up to the windscreen all the time. Once the car warms up, this tends to quickly dry the spray that lands on the screen into a nasty crust.

Changing the controls to only fire out of the dash vents and foot vents means the spray stays wet long enough to be wiped off….

Obviously doesn’t work all the time, but definitely better than drying it to an opaque crust.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘porthole driving’ is closed to new replies.