Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Portes du Soleil – ski pass discount?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

Heading to Chatel on Sunday for a week in the snow, and seem to recall something about a discount on lift passes if you kept your summer pass? Can’t see any details online but was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this? Or am I wishing in vain in an attempt to save some money on what will surely become my dearest week ever???

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Other way around I think- Winter pass gets you a discount on the summer one IIRC

chilli
    Free Member

If you’ve kept hold of your lift pass it will say (a number)bonus on it,you can redeem the bonus points against the cost of your winter pass,don’t get too excited though i think you need 200 points for a free day in winter.

Ambrose

Do you know anyone who took part in the PassPortes du Soleil ride last year? Each and every participant was given a voucher that allowed them a free day on the lifts, either summer or winter. Maybe ask around to get hold of a few of them?

Looking at my old passes- I have 485 points now, ready for next summer 🙂

MoreCheeseGromit

As chilli says above. You need 200 points for a free day in the winter. (Can’t remember how many points you need for a free day in the summer)

You earn 15 point per day in the winter. (It’s less in the summer, again I can’t remember how much)

If you’re staying with a chalet company, don’t let them buy your pass on you behalf. The passes they get are usually not applicable for the bonus points. If you already have an electronic pass you used in the summer, take it with you and give it to the ticket office when you buy your ski pass. They will add the extra points to it.

Also they don’t just give you the free days automatically. You have to ask for them. When I have redeemed my points in the past, IIRC you can only do one free day at a time. So if you have say 400 points and intend to take 2 winter days, you have to go back to the ticket office each morning and ask for a free day.

It is also possible to get a discount in the summer, if you have had a winter season pass in the same year. Although you’ll have had to fork out several hundred Euros for one of these and probably stayed for an entire winter season.

Hope this helps.

MussEd
    Free Member

Thanks all, didn’t realise that’s how it works, been three previous summers but only kept last summer pass, ah well lesson learned I s’pose…

soulrider
    Free Member

You should have got your Lift Pass before December 12th that way you could have got a 20% discount!

Just got back from there, I would cross your fingers for more snow, as its a bit thin on the ground at the minute, High up its ok, and over in Les Crossets its alright.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Portes du Soleil – ski pass discount?’ is closed to new replies.