• This topic has 306 replies, 103 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 27 posts - 281 through 307 (of 307 total)
  • Porsche Macan
  • captainsasquatch
    Free Member

The Mercs are pretty much rebadged Nissan Navarro’s if you are interested.

With a wider range of engines too.

jimjam
    Free Member

Gah.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Like that ^^ 😀

zanelad
    Free Member

I had a Macan. It’s not where I left it when I went out for a meal with friends.

matt_outandabout

At least the mercs are trying something other thand grey or black ‘premium plastics’……

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

At least the mercs are trying something other thand grey or black ‘premium plastics’……

Judging by the state of that it’s like saying at least someones trying something other than tinder to find a girlfriend when they go out digging up corpses and bringing them home

chestrockwell

@ghostely yes you are quite correct I was speaking about the demise of the Landy (ie Defender). You can see its the rest of the range esp the Sport models which are providing the sales and profits.

Yet no mention of the fact you got the reason for it going out of production wrong. As mentioned above, it couldn’t be made to meet current necessary standards. Nothing to do with sales.

They are going to make another.

God awful things anyway, why anyone would want one is beyond me. I’d prefer a T5, and that’s saying something.

CountZero

It would seem, from the patronising and condescending remarks made by some here, that every SUV on the road is some monster, 2-tonne behemoth like a Range Rover Sport, Merc GLC, VW Toureg, Audi Q5/7…
    The actual reality is that the great majority are crossover cars like the Qashqai, Mokka, i35, Tucson, etc, all of which are no larger than an average family car, are often shorter but taller. There are plenty of family MPV-type cars, Galaxy, Touran, S-Max, B-Max, C-Max, Zafira, etc, which are physically bigger, being 7-seater rather than five.
    The reason people like these cars, and why they’re so popular with Motability, is because they’re so much easier to get in and out of. I’m finding it increasingly awkward getting out of regular saloon/hatchback cars, especially in tight parking spaces, as I get older; cars which have the seating set several centimetres higher makes it so much easier to slide in and out of.
    I’m seriously looking at getting a Mokka, they’re nice to drive, well-styled, come as a 4×4, which can be very handy, along with good tyres, around the shitty lanes where I live, but most of all, getting in and out is just so much easier!

santacoops
    Free Member

Can’t believe this has got to 9… well done everybody… well done.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Who needs all of these practical yet sporty vehicles.
    I saw a bloke on the M4 today with a quad bike on the back of his 3 series convertible…
    Roof down, resting on the roof cover and some 3×2 sitting on the window sills.
    Don’t worry he had it safely tied down with a bit of twine…

jimjam
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member

Like that ^^

matt_outandabout – Member

In a pickup though? GTFO.

TheDTs
    Free Member

The screen on the Merc. does look like they pinched a fake iPad from the market and botched it onto the dash.
    And stole the rest of the interior from Liberaci’s caravan..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Maserati levante,

I can’t decide.. I’m not keen on the sharks teeth grill and the “grrrrr” angry “get out of my way pleb” headlamps, but the rest of it looks pretty good, but the back end looks like a qashkai…

You?

stumpy01

bikebouy – Member

Maserati levante,

You?

I normally like Maseratis. But…..this? Bleurgh. Maybe it looks better in the flesh?

Front end all pointy & aggressive – just the thing for shoe horning the meek cars out of the way in the mornings
    Middle bit – nothing really happening, not much to say
    Back end – looks like it’s from a different car from the front. Did they run out of time/money & give up on it?

Oh, and the wheels look too small.

Nope. Nope. Nope…..
    I like the Macan though….

We’ve got a C3 Picasso, which is more people carrier than SUV. The resident petrol head at work who has to have an opinion on anything car-related took very little time in bemoaning all ‘those large people carriers that are pointless & take up so much space & you’d be better off in an estate and…..blah blah’
    Until we pointed out it’s about a foot shorter than his girlfriend’s Focus but is much more practical inside, has seats that fold away completely flat, a much more usable boot, sliding rear seats for practicality, short rear doors so easy to load baby into the back in tight parking spaces as well as a higher seating position in the rear so less stooping to put the baby in……..but hey, it’s not like we spent a lot of time looking at the options and considering our choices….

jimjam
    Free Member

bikebouy

Maserati levante,

From the middle of the rear door back it’s a mess. And completely at odds with the front. The front looks okay, although it would benefit from a better stance, maybe bigger arches, bigger wheels. The back end just looks like a Qashqai – unforgiveable.

Dickyboy

Never even heard of a porsche macan till I stumbled into this thread, appear to be 2 a penny in Kensington and driven by an arsehole in Beaconsfield judging by my now broadened horizon

richmtb

Maserati levante,

**** gopping

why in the name of all thats holy would anyone pick that over a Quattroporte. (or any nicely made sports saloon for that matter)

agent007
    Free Member

why in the name of all thats holy would anyone pick that over a Quattroporte. (or any nicely made sports saloon for that matter)

I think you’re forgetting that people who buy SUV’s mostly seem to do so because of the perceived image/status thing. I don’t thing most of them are particularly worried that it might not be the best car out there!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think you’re forgetting that people who buy SUV’s mostly seem to do so because of the perceived image/status thing. I don’t thing most of them are particularly worried that it might not be the best car out there!

Well I don’t know a single person who bought one for “status” – 4wd, high driving position and visibility for kids, easy to put kids in back seats (less bending) … as I said before the Macan is easily the best all round car for me in the Porsche range, I’d much rather have one than another A6 Avant Quattro.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Here is its back end, it is qashkai like innit 😆

The new Maserati Qashvente…

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

There hasn’t been a good looking Masturbati since the Bora, 40 years ago…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Grand Turismo makes a wonderful sound and very desirable, would I spend double Macan money to buy one – nope

jimjam
    Free Member

suburbanreuben

There hasn’t been a good looking Masturbati since the Bora, 40 years ago…

Pump your brakes kid.

I’ve always liked the Shamal too, but it’s marmite territory.

CountZero

That Maserati truly fell out of the ugly tree, the very tall one, with lots of branches. I really like Maseratis, but dear God…
    It has a really unfortunate resemblance to this:

thestabiliser
    Free Member

S’alright, but does it have a moleskin lined aperture for my MASSIVE WATCH???!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

My Mothers got one of those 3008sw things.. it’s actually not a bad car, might look blurgh, but is a nice thing to pop to the shops in.

Drac

as I said before the Macan is easily the best all round car for me in the Porsche range, I’d much rather have one than another A6 Avant Quattro.

No nothing to do with status.

Viewing 27 posts - 281 through 307 (of 307 total)

The topic ‘Porsche Macan’ is closed to new replies.