Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pool tables – advice please
  • House
    Free Member

Looking at investing in a pool table – theoretically for our 11 – 13 year old kids and their mates, but I'm guessing it won't end up being exclusively used by them 😉

Question is, are the "toy" tables any good? The "BCE Rock Solid" looks ok and has the advantage of being able to be put away. It is also much cheeper than a proper slate bed one (which is a significant factor at the moment!). But don't want to regret having not splashed out…

Any experience out there?

Thanks

grumm
    Free Member

Not used that particular one but IME the 'toy' ones are not great. We managed to get an old pub slate bed one second hand for £100, but I think that must have been quite a bargain.

House
    Free Member

Thanks Grumm and agree – would def go for an ex pub one at that price! Found places that recondition pub tables – looking at £450/£650 + £100 delivery… "Rock Solid" retails at £170 on Amazon…

thomthumb
    Free Member

find a property developer who has bought a closed down pub. used to know a guy who gave a pool table a month if you could collect!

grumm
    Free Member

Yeah at our work we bought an old snooker hall and ended up pretty much giving away some of the tables.

House
    Free Member

Thanks guys – I certainly like the idea of an ex pub one in good condition & will look around at developers / keep an eye out for pubs closing down – guess any that have got this far will probably try to hang out 'til after the festive season tho…?

Still interested in opinions on "home" tables – some look quite sturdy and it might help if the missus/kids could move the table on their own. Anyone got one they rate?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pool tables – advice please’ is closed to new replies.