• This topic has 119 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by PJ266.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • Polo Tops…
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

I always make sure I’ve got my burberry baseball cap and an array of septic gammies on my neck before I perambulate to the methadone clinic in my polo shirt

slowoldman

Aren’t we due the annual “what slipper thread” ?

I’m in the market for some nice warm slippers at the moment. Any recommendations?

Oh and bikebouy, that cool guy seems to have terribly greasy hair.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Black shirt and a necklace?

Erm…..

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Can’t beat a Slazenger polo for work!

Dirt cheap and I don’t mind if they get wrecked.

Are a Mike Ashley fan!!

Out of interest – what is a popper?

Polo polo shirts or non-branded (Uniqlo/M&S) for tennis etc – works for me!

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’ve got a few polo shirts, even got a couple of the ‘big horse’ polos which appear to be so hated on here..

I find it comforting that the men folk of STW, not known for their sense of style, disapprove so much. Must be doing something right.

spawnofyorkshire

I’m in the market for some nice warm slippers at the moment. Any recommendations?

I just bought some down camping slippers like these

Proper comfy and warm

teasel
    Free Member

cool guy seems to have terribly greasy hair.

It might look that way but from what I understand of recent “products” you’d be hard pushed to restyle that with anything less than a bastard file.

mogrim

When a man hits 40 he should seriously reconsider the continued wearing of t-shirts in any situation that does not involve a beach.

What about those of us who are still in shape?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m beginning to get the feeling bikebuoy is posting pictures of men he likes the look of and its got nothing to do with polo shirts 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

He’s/they’re all wearing Polo shirts..

And I fancy them as well, but hey.

footflaps

When a man hits 40 he should seriously reconsider the continued wearing of t-shirts in any situation that does not involve a beach.

Why would you wear a T-shirt on a beach?

IHN

What about those of us who are still in shape?

You’ll be able to carry off a polo shirt with a slimmer cut.

Why would you wear a T-shirt on a beach?

To prevent other 40-somethings being jealous of my six pack

onandon
    Free Member

To prevent other 40-somethings being jealous of my six pack Of beer.
    FTFY

Kryton57

Well my new polo shirts aren’t arrving until tomorrow now. And, I’ve just been informed I’m having dinner in a posh restaurant in a couple of weeks, so I’ve ordered a casual shirt. From Crew no less. 😆

Dark-Side

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Black shirt and a necklace?

Erm…..

I thought we’d stopped taking sartorial advice from you after ‘shoegate’ Flashy?

To be honest, anyone critiquing that shot of Jake Gyllenhaal better be a good looking, exceptionally well dressed fellow…

cynic-al
    Free Member

CFH – what is an acceptable colour if short to wear a necklace with?

In fact how’s about anyone with an opinion posts up a pic of themselves so we can learn how to dress?

on and on – Member
    When you get to 40 it’s a fine line between cool and cock. Tats , adidas classics, polos, military style watches, caps , replica team kit, should all lead to waterboarding

You are about 19 I am guessing?

footflaps

so I’ve ordered a casual shirt. From Crew no less

I have a couple, quality is piss poor for the money….

funkmasterp

WTF are those glasses that Gylenhall is wearing? They look like the tortoise shell NHS glasses my gran used to have, but without the prescription lenses! Whoever said no caps after forty is clearly not bald. I have more hats than a chav has Polo shirts. Not a baseball cap in sight though 🙂

Also googled polo shirt and was presented with what appears to be an evil wizard on casual Friday.

maccruiskeen

They look like the tortoise shell NHS glasses my gran used to have, but without the prescription lenses!

Nothing sounds cooler than staying “I remember when they were fashionable the first time round” 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Exactly, where were you Grandad when your Nan was stumbling down the coal cellar…?

Derivatives of the original RayBan Wayfarer have been a staple of style and coolness since like, eva.

I don’t see anything wrong with that long haired Guy ^^, there is no rule and no age limit to looking stylish, its all about how you wear it.

But you mock all you like, I bet your sitting on your sofa in your combat trews whilst polishing your hobnail boots.

funkmasterp

I’m actually laid in bed naked! That old fella does not look stylish, he has hair that appears to have been dipped in chip fat, the dead eyes of a serial killer and worst of all a polo shirt, naff beard and I suspect may have a ponytail. It would appear that RayBan were influenced by Jack Duckworth.

The best thing (I imagine) about being forty is seeing young people dress in clothes that were shite the first time you saw them thirty years prior 😀

I also notice that Mr Gyllenhall is hiding his polo shirt under a nice jacket. It would appear to be quite sunny and warm judging from the fact he’s stolen his nan’s sunglasses. My inner Columbo has therefore deduced that he is, in fact, feeling high levels of shame and regret as a result of choosing to wear a polo shirt. Hence the need to hide it under the jacket

greentricky
    Free Member

This performance of Phil made me think of this thread and chuckle

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjiq0DoSQD8[/video]

ton

fat bloke i know wears a polo shirt every working day. bottle green or grey. 😀

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I’m currently wearing my baggy, slightly faded navy Sainsbury’s polo shirt – I feel I may not be the height of fashion, but I couldn’t give a toss 😀

EDIT:- I realise this may put the OP off wearing his new polo shirts 😀

mefty
    Free Member

That old bloke is straight out of the Operation Yewtree suspect book isn’t he?

Kryton57

I realise this may put the OP off wearing his new polo shirts

Nope, mine aren’t “Sainsburys fit”.

slowoldman

When did this after 40 shit start? Wear whatever you like. So some people may stare or point or laugh. So what? Personally I think most over 40s have a better idea of style than under 40s (except me of course, I have no idea).

mikey74
    Free Member

Polo shirts: Quite possibly the most beige article of clothing ever invented. Truly terrible garments IMO.

thegreatape
    Free Member

And what’s with the bellends who do the top button up?

Marin
    Free Member

Fred Perry polo’s only with DMs of course. Probably makes me a neo nazi on here though.

Kryton57

Probably makes me a neo nazi on here though.

Jamabalaya to the Polo top thread!

mindmap3
    Free Member

When you get to 40 it’s a fine line between cool and cock. Tats , adidas classics, polos, military style watches, caps , replica team kit, should all lead to waterboarding

So all tats to be removed at 40?

footflaps

Jamabalaya to the Polo top thread!

He’s a Jewish neo-Nazi?!

Explains quite a few things actually…..

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member

And what’s with the bellends who do the top button up?

Do what?

mcj78
    Free Member

Polo / cardigan combo – acceptable

Polo / cardigan combo with ill fitting jeans bulging out…

*edit – should be worn with red trousers 😆

Marin
    Free Member

Brown shirt polo bit too much nazi inspiration for me.

funkmasterp

That Cardigan isn’t fitted, it’s just too small for him. If he moved his arms backwards the buttons would ping off, fully revealing the shame that is the polo shirt beneath.

onandon
    Free Member

So all tats to be removed at 40?

Nope, by having tats you’ve already identified yourself as a cock. It’s not age specific.

See captainsasquatchs pic for details.

PJ266
    Free Member

Nope, by having tats you’ve already identified yourself as a cock. It’s not age specific.

Hey now, I resemble that remark!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘Polo Tops…’ is closed to new replies.