• This topic has 119 replies, 53 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by PJ266.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 120 total)
  • Polo Tops…
  • mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I quite like the superdry ones.

the-muffin-man

Can’t beat a Slazenger polo for work! 😀

Dirt cheap and I don’t mind if they get wrecked.

allan23
    Free Member

Always hated them, just have vivid nightmares about cheap, plasticy workwear with a badly embroidered logo that has sticky out bits of plastic thread on the back that scratches your nipple all day.

I cannot even comprehend that there may be a comfy polo shirt in existence.

Kryton57

These are. Acceptable to be worn casually in the office or with jeans and shoes on a night out. I think polo tops make a statement beyond t shirts in the level class, but arent as formal as shirts

RoganJosh
    Free Member

@JeansAndSheux on Twitter.

Polo jeans and brown shoes ffs

Kryton57

Cant see the issue myself

Cougar

As for that photo bikebouy posted – he’s the sort who makes on and on think polo wearers are cocks.

I can’t work out if he has a really small body or a mahoosive head.

(The guy in the photo I mean.)

bikebouy
    Free Member

They ^^ are boots, I said Polo Shirts & Boots are acceptable.

yunki
    Free Member

This thread is funny

footflaps

Cant see the issue myself

He’s missing about 50 tattoos, must be a photo from the 80s…

onandon
    Free Member

That fella looks like a golf club.

Simple google polo shirt – popped collar. Look at the pictures and tell me how many of those guys you’d go for a beer with VS how many you’d like to kick in the vagina.

Obviously only look for a maximum of 20 seconds or you’ll probably smash your device from “polo rage”

Kryton57

He’s missing about 50 tattoos,

No military Seiko either…

binners

Middle class? I’d put my house on the fact that every single bell end involved in the kick off at Chelski, West Ham last night was wearing a Ralph Lauren polo shirt.

redthunder
    Free Member

I once bought a box of navy blue polo shirts at an auction about 10 years ago. Everybody thought I only got one shirt ;).

They are only just running out.

20 odd shirts for £14.

footflaps

Middle class? I’d put my house on the fact that every single bell end involved in the kick off at Chelski, West Ham last night was wearing a Ralph Lauren polo shirt.

Sorry Binners, but everyone is Middle Class* these days..

* mainly Lower Middle Class ;-).

onandon
    Free Member

Popped collar and tucked in. A new level of bellendery

Ro5ey
    Free Member

At 42 years of age … a t-shirt without a collar is only for wearing under v-neck jumpers, on the beach or poolside. And so, a t-shirt with a collar is for all other casual scenarios.

It’s important to note any badge, emblem or graphic on either type t-shirt is buffoonery for a man of substance.

How do you not know this?

scud
    Free Member

My rules..

One of the spectrum – Cotton Traders (usually matched with what the wearer would call “Slacks”) = BIG NO.

Middle of spectrum, I have some Fred Perry and Trojan Records polo shirts, single colour, small logo – Semi-smart for work, going out = YES

Other end of spectrum – Joules, etc – BIG NO, if the collar is turned up, then free reign to slap them savagely..

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

haha alot of grumpy old men on here..

IHN

I think with jeans brown shoes[b]boots or smart pumps[/b] and the Stw de facto Seiko they are pretty good middle age yet fashionable attire

I agree. The thing is that I have three Seikos, which one am I allowed to wear?

footflaps

At 42 years of age …

A mere youngster!

I pretty much wear T-shirts and shorts every day regardless of the situation, work, home, social, gardening, gym, etc

Although, sadly, I will have to don a suit next week for some C level meetings with customers…

jaylaz73

Chavs like them

IHN

When a man hits 40 he should seriously reconsider the continued wearing of t-shirts in any situation that does not involve a beach.

allan23
    Free Member

When a man hits 40 he should seriously reconsider the continued wearing of t-shirts in any situation that does not involve a beach.

Considered… Nope… Carry on. 🙂

Kryton57

At 42 years of age … a t-shirt without a collar is only for wearing under v-neck jumpers, on the beach or poolside. And so, a t-shirt with a collar is for all other casual scenarios.

It’s important to note any badge, emblem or graphic on either type t-shirt is buffoonery for a man of substance.

Yup. I’m 44 so perhaps its a demographic thing.

Kryton57

footflaps – Member

…for some C level meetings….

oooh check out Mr Middle Class Bigshot… 😉

yunki
    Free Member

I’m trying to work out what possible relevance this conversation could possibly have to anybody or anything anywhere in the entire universe…

Nope…. nothing

Carry on 🙂

MrSmith
    Free Member

Polo’s are acceptable if worn tucked in and stretched over a corpulent middle aged belly and topped off with a baseball/truckers cap with a monogram of a city you can’t point to on a map and a sports team you can’t name any members of.
    its a popular look.

onandon
    Free Member

Aren’t we due the annual “what slipper thread” ?
    That should give us an idea of who the 5-10 wearing plebs are and the “old duffers” with polo shirts.

I think there was a thread about Crocs a while ago. Surely there must be an algorithm we can run to profile these people.

If you’re over 40. Decent quality jeans. And a white T is all you need most of the time.
    Only jewellery should be a wedding band and a nice watch. ( by nice I mean non beaten up – not nessesary expensive )

NOTE- the only thing worse than a polo is a pleblon replica footy shirt.

IHN

If you’re over 40. Decent quality jeans. And a white T is all you need most of the time.

It is no longer the 1980’s and you were never Nick Kamen.

bearnecessities

😀

Kryton57

on and on – Member

Decent quality jeans. And a white T is all you need most of the time.

You are the Fonz and I claim my £5

binners

You are Simon Cowell and I claim my primetime Saturday Night slot on ITV 😉

onandon
    Free Member

My work security badge 🙂

maccruiskeen

Begrudgingly, yes. So, a Fred Perry logo the same colour as the shirt, for example? Or, as above, the branded buttons on a Sunspel? Yes. Acceptable.

Thats a bit subtle isn’t it? How will customers know I work in PC World / B&Q /4-in-1 ChickenKebabPizzaCurry if the logo is the same colour as the shirt?

onandon
    Free Member

When you get to 40 it’s a fine line between cool and cock. Tats , adidas classics, polos, military style watches, caps , replica team kit, should all lead to waterboarding.

Kryton57

Says the man in a plain white t shirt.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ya could go preppy..if in work and you are wearing jeans, keep the shirt untucked.. make sure it’s ironed too.

bikebouy
    Free Member

This is one of the coolest, neatest looking blokes out there ATM.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Unbutton shirt in daylight hours 😯

No sir

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘Polo Tops…’ is closed to new replies.